Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

I NEED VIDEO OF HOTBODIES LIGHTINING GT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I NEED VIDEO OF HOTBODIES LIGHTINING GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 01:24 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I NEED VIDEO OF HOTBODIES LIGHTINING GT

Need video and performance details of hot bodies lightining GT someone please post one up. THANK YOU
Old 06-26-2005, 01:38 PM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I NEED VIDEO OF HOTBODIES LIGHTINING GT

Hmm... Cant find anything on the GT, but the HPI Japan site has a video of the Twin engine version. I can tell you that my LSP's stock engine is about the slowest thing you'll ever mount on a nitro RC. So if the GT uses the same POS .26, expect decent torque, with about 5,600 RPM's.

[link=http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/movies/gtx2.asx]HPI Japan Lightning GTX2[/link]
Old 06-26-2005, 06:42 PM
fourwheeler

The truck doesn't lok bad but the vid is not good. Since the selling point to a dual engine truck is the sound what is with the guitar hero soundtrack
Old 06-27-2005, 03:48 AM
stabik

How many diferentials have hot bodies MT GT?
Old 06-27-2005, 03:11 PM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Hmm... Cant find anything on the GT, but the HPI Japan site has a video of the Twin engine version. I can tell you that my LSP's stock engine is about the slowest thing you'll ever mount on a nitro RC. So if the GT uses the same POS .26, expect decent torque, with about 5,600 RPM's.

[link=http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/movies/gtx2.asx]HPI Japan Lightning GTX2[/link]
HEY THANKS ALOT THERMAL ID that made my day. I like the video and the truck looks sweet the suspension looks plush and feels very plush just from looking at it. It does seems a bit slow for dual engines but all in all I like it so far[sm=lol.gif] . By the way where did you search to find this video. Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30796.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	290800   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79076.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	290801   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36178.jpg
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	290802  
Old 06-27-2005, 08:05 PM
aluminum crusher

Hey Thermal what do you think about the Genesis 46 and do you know what %nitro folks are putting in that big 46 engine.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:45 PM
MacManInfi

I have the GTX2 twin. Awesome truck. Incredible suspension and the low end grunt from two motors is absolutely insane. The sound is amazing... yeah, too bad they covered it up with bad music in that vid. I'd like to take a vid of my own, but in my first run after break-in, I snapped a tooth off of the rear diff and chewed the gears. It's been sitting in my garage awaiting parts for about three weeks now. Nobody has parts for these things right now. Something to consider if you're thinking about buying one.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:39 AM
aluminum crusher

Thanks for the adivce was it hard to tune both engines in harmony.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:51 AM
MacManInfi

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher

Thanks for the adivce was it hard to tune both engines in harmony.
Not bad. Thankfully those hotbodies 26's are pretty easy to start and tune. I check the low speed needle by running each motor individually, testing the acceleration. And I adjust the high speed needles while running both motors... just comparing temps. I have never gotten them both perfectly matched, but it doesn't seem to matter any. The thing screams no matter what. If I can find a way to keep diffs in it, I'll be happy.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:26 PM
aluminum crusher

SO it handles pretty well??? because it looks like it does. And whats going on with your gears is it to much torque from both engines thats tearing them up? I would think they would be hard enough to handle both motors. By the way how much did you pay for your GTX2 and where did you buy it from. I hope you get your parts fast and let us know where you bought your parts. Thanks
Old 06-30-2005, 02:50 AM
MacManInfi

Yeah. I have a Savage, MGT and a Mammoth, and none of them are even close to the GTX2 in the handling, steering power and acceleration department. It's in a whole different league.

The problem with the diffs is that the ring and pinion gears don't have very wide teeth. They're about half as wide as a Savage Diff. So I popped a tooth off of the rear ring gear and it chewed up the pinion. I also busted a tooth off of a spider gear and chewed up the internals (all in the same run). I wasn't even bashing it very hard. The wide tires have a lot of grip and the two motors equal a ton of torque, so I think we'll see that the GTX2's are all really hard on the drive line.

Since I can't get hot bodies diffs yet, I purchased a couple ofna diffs and pinion gears. The "supermaxx" diffs are supposed to be bullet proof, but they still have skinny teeth on the ring and pinion gears. We'll see how long they last. I've installed the rear and the fit is great. Hopefully I'll get the front in and get some run time this weekend.

I paid something like $619 at Ultimate Hobbies.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:14 PM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: MacManInfi

Yeah. I have a Savage, MGT and a Mammoth, and none of them are even close to the GTX2 in the handling, steering power and acceleration department. It's in a whole different league.

The problem with the diffs is that the ring and pinion gears don't have very wide teeth. They're about half as wide as a Savage Diff. So I popped a tooth off of the rear ring gear and it chewed up the pinion. I also busted a tooth off of a spider gear and chewed up the internals (all in the same run). I wasn't even bashing it very hard. The wide tires have a lot of grip and the two motors equal a ton of torque, so I think we'll see that the GTX2's are all really hard on the drive line.

Since I can't get hot bodies diffs yet, I purchased a couple ofna diffs and pinion gears. The "supermaxx" diffs are supposed to be bullet proof, but they still have skinny teeth on the ring and pinion gears. We'll see how long they last. I've installed the rear and the fit is great. Hopefully I'll get the front in and get some run time this weekend.

I paid something like $619 at Ultimate Hobbies.
Have you seen the LIGHTNING GT perform i think it should not handle as well as the GTX2 because of the shorter wheelbase what you think???
Old 07-22-2005, 11:30 PM
cruddymutt

I have a Hot Bodies Lightning GT. Stock it ran really good but the front shocks were way to soft. I put 40 weight shock oil in the fronts and that solved that. I also installed a center diff from a Lightning Pro and used dual brakes for the front and rear. HUGE improvement. I can honestly say that the GT is my favorite RC I own (savage, xcellerator,violator). I have no hesitation (except $$) in getting a GTX2. My GT outperforms my Savage in EVERY aspect and thats comming from a once be Savage only person. I have skyed the GT 10+ feet in the air with no breakage. It handles like a dream and corners like it is on rails. I almost forgot, I did change the pipe also to an Ofna pipe. The stock pipe is quiet and seems a bit constricted.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:10 AM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: cruddymutt

I have a Hot Bodies Lightning GT. Stock it ran really good but the front shocks were way to soft. I put 40 weight shock oil in the fronts and that solved that. I also installed a center diff from a Lightning Pro and used dual brakes for the front and rear. HUGE improvement. I can honestly say that the GT is my favorite RC I own (savage, xcellerator,violator). I have no hesitation (except $$) in getting a GTX2. My GT outperforms my Savage in EVERY aspect and thats comming from a once be Savage only person. I have skyed the GT 10+ feet in the air with no breakage. It handles like a dream and corners like it is on rails. I almost forgot, I did change the pipe also to an Ofna pipe. The stock pipe is quiet and seems a bit constricted.
HI CRUDDY MUTT post some pic's and a video if you can. THANKS
Old 07-24-2005, 02:52 AM
cruddymutt

I will try to get video.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69607.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	300794   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20767.jpg
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	300795  
Old 07-24-2005, 03:10 PM
aluminum crusher

Looks nice but you went back to the truggy look?
Old 07-28-2005, 12:08 AM
cruddymutt

I originally wanted a LSP or RR and accidentally bought the GT not knowing it was a bit different. They are almost identical and use I would say 90% of the same parts so I ended up converting mine to a stadium. All I need to be a full stadium is the single steering servo brace and sway bars.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:01 PM
nitroman2733

the gtx 2 is a great truck i got mine a few weeks ago , lot of lsp parts will fit it too i got a lsp center diff in it ,cvds,and aluimum arm ,jp1 pipes and 13 tooth clutch bells all for a lsp pro on it looking to put some bow ties on it soon , ill be racing it in unlimited monster truck class this summer, stock motors for now , maybe ill put lrp 28 or picco27 in it ill let you no if you got any input tell me ok later im out