Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

SHOULD I GO AHEAD TO BUY MY FIRST NITRO TRUCK???? PLZ HELP !!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

SHOULD I GO AHEAD TO BUY MY FIRST NITRO TRUCK???? PLZ HELP !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 04:45 PM
serious_rc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SHOULD I GO AHEAD TO BUY MY FIRST NITRO TRUCK???? PLZ HELP !!!!!!!!

Hello everyone at RCU. I am Gautam from India.

Actually i have never ever owned any R/C vehicle/plane or anything which moves.
I just bought one mini r/c car from a local cheap shop here in india. This car is charged for 2 minutes and can be run for a minute or so.

So this has now created interest in me to go for a full fledged and most powerfull nitro r/c truck in the industry.

But before typing my queries any further i would like to state that INDIA IS A COUNTRY WHERE IN NOOOO FUEL/PART OR RELATED STUFF IS AVAILABLE OF A R/C NITRO CAR or TRUCK.

So after doing an intensive research on internet... reading all the specifications... seeing all the video's.... going through each and every review... i have come to the conclusion that i would go for a DURATRAX WARHEAD 4WD RTR NITRO TRUCK!!

So i have the following questions (in series)....

1) Since there is no ready fuel available here in india, i want to know the entire procedure of how to make the feul (from scratch) using the chemicles available at local shop! Somone told me that one can make fuel by adding 80% cstor oil with some other chemical (i forgot its name).
Please note that i dont want to add nitro in it coz i wont be running the truck in competitions.

2) I want to know what all are the equipment (tools, pliers, screw drivers needed ) to completely dissassemble and assmeble the truck!! Since like i said that nothing would be available in india related to nitro trucks so i would order all the necesarry tools (with the truck itself). [am planning to get the truck through one of my relative from america coming down to india in couple of months]

3) Also what are the parts on the truck which are vulnerable to break (as i would be using it very hard for backyard bashing and rough riding).. so that i can order them with the truck itself.. as if anything breaks in near future then i have the parts with me.

4) What are the A to Z listed steps to maintain a nitro truck (including engine and everything!!!), so that i can be prepared for the care which i have to take in advanced.. and also what extra equipment/ lubricant/ chemical/ cleaners/ greases are required for the maintanence.

Those are the basic four questions i have before i can go for my purchase.
One request from our fellow members is that please dont suggest me to go for an electric truck as i have already made up my mind for a nitro 4wd (warhead) and am fully prepare of whatever care, investment, is required for it be up and running.

ANy help would be a big support for me, i hope i would be answered with all my questions here by our much knowledgable RCU members.

thanks and wishes to everyone here,
Gautam.