Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage .25 v.s. Revo

Which on is an all around better truck?
Old 07-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Savage .25 v.s. Revo

Savage 25? I would say the Revo is better.
Savage 4.6ss? The Savage is better.
The LST (That you didn't mention) is better than all 3.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:35 PM
DaveG55

I've got the Savage 25 and an LST and my buddy has Revos. I'm thinking of selling one of mine and replacing it with a REVO. The LST is faster and I love to play with the Savage But, IMHO, neither can touch the Revo for reliability and ease of use out of the box.
Dave
Old 07-12-2005, 03:41 PM
racer man05

a lot of what hear go like this

Savage = Basher

Revo = Racing

some disagree but thats what i think
Old 08-03-2005, 05:42 PM
1revo

got a revo and i have to say it is a killer truck it will accelerate faster than a savage and has a better top speed. the savage is very durable but i have to say i hvae not broken a part on the revo and i have done some crazy stuf with it. on the track the revo wins hands down over the savage. they are both good trucks but the revo i think is a much better truck out of the box
Old 08-04-2005, 07:51 AM
tzque

I read an article the other day where they compared a 65/6 GTO to and 05 GTO and you know what one the 05 GTO . The LST and Revo are the latest technology applied to a MT . To compare it still to a Savage is a testament to how good a truck the savage really is . All Hpi is doing is updating a very old platform . Just like the 65 GTO at this point you can call the savage a classic .
I enjoy them both I dont think one is any better than the other . They both do things differently
Old 08-04-2005, 12:39 PM
xPAGANx

They are both outstanding. Just pick which ever one you think looks the coolest.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:48 PM
1revo

i have read that article to and im pretty sure the new GTO won. i personlly would rather have the 65 . u cant really go by looks. all i am saying that the average price of a savage is about $410 u can buy a revo for $475. u get a better truck from your money. but both are great trucks your are right. i love them both. the revo is new and wont go out of style. if far is the 4.6 savage i think it is the dumbest thing hpi has come out with. it a savage with a bigger engine. i dont see what is so great about it.

THE MAIN THING IS JUST TO GET A TRUCK AND HAVE FUN.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:02 AM
tzque

I am willing to have this debate as long as you and I remain adults . The purpose in the 4.6 is first you get to build your truck , which is where this hobby began . I have a wild will Clod grass hopper . It allows true hobbiest the opportunity to still build their trucks and new hobbiest to learn the hobby from the ground up . Secondly the 4.6 comes stock with all of the upgrades that HPI had at the time , that alone makes it worth the money thirdly it represented the company joining the bigger big block movement . The 28 has proven to be a very reliable motor with a pretty even power band . Alot of people buy trucks throw big motors into them and complain that they keep breaking parts . The 4.6 came ready to handle the power of the 28 . that why in the end its a bargain. HPI gives you the option to buy the 4.6 its not there only offering . You can not build your revo .
I really dont consider the Revo a MT it to me is more like a truggy . It does what it does very well and will beat the savage on the Track . As far as bashing there is no comparison . A revo is stock for will not out bash a savage when pushed to the extreme . The revo is definitley an improvement as for as toughness out of the box compared to a Tmaxx but its still no savage .
In the end I either own or drive everything except for OFNA MT and I like them all for different reasons . My basher are My savage and MGT . Whe n I want to use a more well rounded truck , handleing and light bashing , I grab a revo or my brothers LST .
Finally I own a 67 coronet, 13.2 79 T/A and a hurst olds , I like modern cars almost bought the WRX , but nothing beats the thumbs up i get when driving in one of my old cars .
Old 08-05-2005, 08:57 AM
xPAGANx

I know every savage owner will say that the Revo cannot out bash it. I don't know, they are both great bashers. I am being open minded and not trying to take anyones pride in their truck. Both trucks are very cool, I just don't know how someone can claim that such and such out bashes such and such. It totally depends on the person. Some people bash differently than other people.

I think both trucks are great bashers and I certainly think both trucks have racing potential. I think the Revo is geared towards racing a little more than the Savage out of the box, but that does not mean the Savage cannot be a competative racer. Likewise there are plenty of parts out there to make the Revo a beastly basher.

I think both trucks can be equally competative for bashing or racing. I just think out of the box they differ a little. Even so, either truck can take either role. There are also plenty of parts out there for either truck to make them into whatever you want.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:37 AM
tzque

I guess the best way to give answers is IMOP or experience . I really read like a savage loyalist . I have to admit I like my savage but right now my MGT is my favorite truck to drive .
I can say that my savage has outbashed a revo because that has been my experience . I can not say what happens when you take both of your trucks out but so far when things get real crazy so far the revo has broken . The revo is definitely more balanced than the savage so when I am running on real rough terrain the revo shines .
When faced with both trucks to drive so far I have grabbed my savage . It is my preference when choosing between the two . I like the fact that it is not that hard to manage , turn drive and stop I find that more of a driving challenge . You might like how well the revo behaves . I own more than one because I drive based upon my mood and what working that day
Old 08-07-2005, 09:55 PM
1revo

well first i would like to adress the fact that u said that the revo is a truggy. by no means is it a truggy. here are some truggys. onfna titan, SUT storm those are truggys. look at he revo if u think it looks anything like a buggy or if u have drove one it does not handle like a buggy. the savage is a nice truck i do like it. i think it is the best bashing truck out there. the thing is bashing in my minds eye gets old after awhile and u will want to go to the track and see how u do out there with others. thats where the revo overtakes the savage. i dont like the savage 4.6 because it weights to much. i dont like the gensis either. there have power yes but u buy a .26 picco for a savage and there u go it weights less and have just about the same power. the revo would have a better power to weight ratio. the heaver the truck the harder tha fall. theres no way around it. i have not punched the nubers yet but i would think out of the box that revo has a better power to weight ratio.
anyway. i have a 1967 dodge dart i am in the middle of restoring it. just bought a parts car. u guys can help me with this i dont know what to do should i put a 318 v8 in it or a 225 slant 6 with tri power. this has to be a everyday car i drive to school what u guys think whick engine.

BUY A R/C CAR AND HAVE FUN THATS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT
Old 08-07-2005, 10:03 PM
1revo

o i have more than one r/c car i have a boat i custome made a hpi evo 3, traxxas revo, ofna comp. so i am well rounded. and alot of braking parts have to do with drivers. if u are a really good driver and u arnt doing really stupid stuff with your truck u wot brake a part. now i am not to say i have not broken a part infact i think i have broken every part on my hpi evo 6. those evos are crazy almost to fast.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:10 AM
Desert Racer
My Feedback: (5)

If you take a svage and revo out of the box the revo will beat it on a track and it will last longer then a savage then bashing. Yes I have bashed a revo hard really hard. Then I gave the truck to my brother and know me and him race it mostly him know because I got myself a MGT.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:28 AM
tzque

I have a 30 over 318 and the thing just runs to hot . this whole hobby is scale . Just like with rc your motor joice has to be based upon what you want to do with the car . the 318 is a reliable motor and and it pretty peppy but its not a screamer . I would personally get a 340 or 360 crate motor but if that is not an option my 318 has been fine . I have a 455 in my T/A and a 406 in my hurst olds so I am happy with the dodge . I have a shoft kit in it so it will light up the tires
Old 08-08-2005, 12:19 PM
1revo

the thing is about a 340 or a 360 is they are gas junkys. what do then get 10 miles to the gallon? i do have the opsion to put in a 383 which i think i might do. but there is still a place in my mind for the slant 6 becausee gas prices arnt going down.
like i have been saying all along any truck u get your going to like it and have funn with it
Old 08-09-2005, 09:06 AM
RayRayraycer20

My avatar says it all....I would much rather have a classic G.T.O....not to mention their prolly worth more$
As far as the R/C's go... The revo is awesome...as well as the savage...they both have their strong points.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:18 AM
RCtruckRacer

Oh yeah? Well my lifted Amigo with 33" tires will beat all your cars!!!! Off-road that is [X(]

6000lb warn winch
Sway-Away extra long, extra beefy torsion bars
Rancho 9000's
Tranny cooler
ARB bull bar steel bumper
33" Wrangler MT's
Darlington Off Road 3 1/2" lift kit
ARB front differential locker
Not to mention the 1000 watt stereo so I don't have to hear the tires on the highway!!!

OK, Sorry. We were bragging about our 1:1's so I just HAD to chime in. As far as the topic is concerned... buy both!!! Cause they both ROCK! Seriously though, why do I see so many of these x vs y threads? Every R/C vehicles strong and weak points are pointed out on a regular basis in these forums. Of course it is fun to read most of them!

Hey, anyone wanna buy a boat? It's almost brand new... I swear to god it is man! Shut up Randy! Hey baby... how 'bout a 3 way - you, me, and some of this pork! Huh!
Old 08-09-2005, 10:27 PM
1revo

[X(] u want a 3 some with a a pig. what is wrong with u[X(]
Old 08-09-2005, 11:39 PM
RCtruckRacer

Hey man, it's Donny Baker! I swear to God it is man!
Old 08-10-2005, 01:08 AM
betaphoenix

the only opions that can count are from people who have both trucks or have had both.

(I say revo though :P)
Old 08-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Alucard00

hello just wanted to say this...My friend has a t-maxx and a savage .25 rtr both good cars but he loves his savage!it can out bash a t-maxx anyday in my experience but,I have not driven a revo seen em and know some 1 who has one but...He says his savage 25 he likes them better for bashing(his is stock)(But they can really be competitive trucks).Revo is more track oriented car or a race truck.My opionion is Team losi LST!!!ALL THE WAY!I love it and wouldnt trade it for anything.Its fast,Strong,and they are just plain wicked trucks no wonder they are truck of the year! P.S (in order for best trucks)1.LST2.Savage 3.Revo 4.MGT 5.genesis (for bashing the crap out of)6.t-maxx 7.tnx 8.warhead.just my opinions and experiences
Old 09-10-2005, 08:12 PM
revokiller

Savage wins, Sorry marketing didn't sway me.... even with a .21 in a revo, Stock savage is faster, stronger, and don't forget bigger. But the new LST is better by design.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:36 PM
ruffian

ORIGINAL: revokiller

Savage wins, Sorry marketing didn't sway me.... even with a .21 in a revo, Stock savage is faster, stronger, and don't forget bigger.
Dream on...... Your right about one thing though, it is big and bulky which allows it to handle like a brick on wheels!
Old 09-10-2005, 09:46 PM
WheelieWonka

If racing is what you're into, then the Revo wins hands down, but if customizing and upgrading is what you're into, then the Savage winds hands down. I prefer the savage since I like to customize and build a cool looking truck like these. The Savage has tons of upgrade kits and conversions which appeal to people like me, and the Revo appeal to the others who like blazing speed, handling and race performance on their trucks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20304.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	322387   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66175.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	322388  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.