Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

mammy st

Old 07-13-2005, 12:51 AM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mammy st

wats good wats bad it it out yet wonder how cheap tower will have it?
Old 07-13-2005, 01:10 AM
RCNewcomer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mammy st

$339.99 would be the cheapest. check hobbypeople.net
Old 07-13-2005, 11:34 AM
annie_himself

i kno that but i wanna kno about it
Old 07-14-2005, 07:28 AM
maxximum_overdrive

i ws considering buying one yesterday, but when i got the my lhs the guy said that he sold the only two he had within about an hour of receiving them and when he reordered they were already back ordered..............so looks like i'll have to wait[]
Old 07-14-2005, 12:10 PM
annie_himself

tell us how it is
Old 07-14-2005, 01:59 PM
A.B.U

Looks pretty cool, I'm gonna check it out.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:52 PM
sjm
My Feedback: (8)

I have had mine since the 4th and I love it so far. I have even ordered another. I think it is a great deal. The stock motor runs great. Handling is just like a buggy. I put a M8/Spektum and digital servos in it right away. I had a issue with the servos but Global jumped right on it and got with me. I am impressed with their service.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:10 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: sjm

I have had mine since the 4th and I love it so far. I have even ordered another. I think it is a great deal. The stock motor runs great. Handling is just like a buggy. I put a M8/Spektum and digital servos in it right away. I had a issue with the servos but Global jumped right on it and got with me. I am impressed with their service.
Is it easy to tune, does it have good acceleration, and a good top speed? Also isn't it 4wd? I saw this and completely forgot about the Jato and Revo, this truggie is really cool.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:57 PM
sjm
My Feedback: (8)

The engine has been excellent so far and very easy to tune. Great acceleration, ST is only 10lb. Yes very good top end with the 2 speed center. Yes it is 4WD. This is by far the best deal out there at $339. In my opinion it would still be great at $100 more.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:31 PM
annie_himself

wow
Old 07-19-2005, 03:58 PM
s maxx
My Feedback: (2)

yea i got one yesterday it has awesome top end it will make t and revo drivers cry and most buggy drivers
Old 07-19-2005, 11:18 PM
mosavage

dont know bout buggys
Old 07-20-2005, 12:07 AM
s maxx

have you seen one drive think not lol it is very fast for being one of the longest monster trucks
Old 07-20-2005, 01:15 AM
annie_himself

you mean stadium truck rite?
Old 07-20-2005, 07:51 AM
maxximum_overdrive

its not a stadium truck.............its a purpose built racing monster truck.............or truggie if you will. the st does stand for stadium, but it refers to it being the "racing" version of the mammoth.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:35 PM
annie_himself

i know but thats what its called get over it
Old 08-01-2005, 04:16 PM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: sjm

Hey sjm what happen to your servo's that came with the Mammoth ST what was the issue???
Old 08-01-2005, 04:33 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

you can prolly get a realy cheap deal at tower

339.99 for mammy st http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKYZ7&P=ML
- 30 off 011LE

total: 309.99

chris
Old 08-01-2005, 11:47 PM
s maxx

stock steering servo is sh*t i put a 645mg and a 6v pack awesome now on my 10 tank nothing wrong and have the same glow plug in it
Old 08-03-2005, 11:16 PM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: s maxx

stock steering servo is sh*t i put a 645mg and a 6v pack awesome now on my 10 tank nothing wrong and have the same glow plug in it
Hey folks i have been running my mammoth st breaking it in acordding to the instructions leaning it in a 1/8th of a turn after each tank with ten minutes of cool down in between tanks. Yeah Big Baby this thing is fast but it is still running rich on tank six, my high speed needle is at 2 1/2 turns & low 2 1/8th turns out. IT is running very rich shall i continue to run at these settings or shall i lean the low end screw some more??? I know the answer to this question that i ask but would like to here from you guy's. Because my answer might be wrong. I'm running 20% trinity fuel for the moment, the steering servo SUCKS almost 200 oz of torque my foot it's more like almost 20 oz of torque. Other than that so far so good, would like to go to 30% nitro next but i don't have the 10mm head ring as the instructions suggest to use when running 30%. Do i really need this ring. Thanks for your reply's
Old 08-04-2005, 10:07 AM
lloydy

I would defo put the ring in or you might be putting too much stress on the engine.

Lean it right out til it goes as fast as it can then richen 1/8th of a turn.... lean = mean!
Old 08-04-2005, 11:55 AM
ThermalRD

You could definitely lean out that engine. At tank 6 i typically look for my performance tune. Now, with that engine i would say to use the head shim for 30%. Although i KNOW its not necessary, it is recommended. I have been running my XTM 24.7 Pro from day one with 30%, and no extra shim.

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: s maxx

Hey folks i have been running my mammoth st breaking it in acordding to the instructions leaning it in a 1/8th of a turn after each tank with ten minutes of cool down in between tanks. Yeah Big Baby this thing is fast but it is still running rich on tank six, my high speed needle is at 2 1/2 turns & low 2 1/8th turns out. IT is running very rich shall i continue to run at these settings or shall i lean the low end screw some more??? I know the answer to this question that i ask but would like to here from you guy's. Because my answer might be wrong. I'm running 20% trinity fuel for the moment, the steering servo SUCKS almost 200 oz of torque my foot it's more like almost 20 oz of torque. Other than that so far so good, would like to go to 30% nitro next but i don't have the 10mm head ring as the instructions suggest to use when running 30%. Do i really need this ring. Thanks for your reply's
Old 08-05-2005, 12:19 AM
aluminum crusher

HI folks I put in the 30% with no x-tra head shim and boy the POWER is there. The highest temp i got it to so far was 211 degrees but it is still running rich, taking off slugglish ( for my taste) but i will get the bugs out. I guess my type of breakin process has been going slow. I tighten up that servo saver tension ring and LOL @#@#&**&*&+_($#@#^&^) before i got to try it out with the tension ring all the way up the freakin pull starter broke it will not recoil . It sounds like the pullstarter spring is broke or came out of it's slot I will take it apart friday and see whats going. I'm already tick off I got 3minutes of fun for 339.00.(break in time don't count as fun) I hope the hobbystores has a pullstarter in stock or it will be for sell,and i might go back to 1/5th scale or just leave this frustrating hobby alone.[sm=disappointed.gif]
Old 08-05-2005, 07:53 AM
guest2001619

its .1 mm not 10 mm! the sterring servo says 200 oz i not person has said thats true more like 40 oz. to aluimnum crusher if you can afford it starter box and the pull start as back up good luck
Old 08-06-2005, 12:28 AM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: guest2001619

its .1 mm not 10 mm! the sterring servo says 200 oz i not person has said thats true more like 40 oz. to aluimnum crusher if you can afford it starter box and the pull start as back up good luck
Yeah I can afford the starter box, but i hate the xtra luggage. After I've taken the pull starter off it was ok to my surprise it was the oneway bearing... bought a new one and all is ok. I dialed the egine in perfectly the 247 pro likes to be ran kinda on the lean side that's how you will find it's SWEETSPOT settings for high & low ( and man oh man this engine is POWERFUL and when it shifts into 2nd gear you will see the rear end squat down a little and feel the ground grumble just enough to tickle your fancy). Also screwed the servosaver tension ring all the way up to the top and steering got better only by 10% I will be trying some other HighTech servo's for steering and brake because it takes about 24 feet to turn to the left & right even at low mid speeds, at 3 MPH the steering servo is KING OF THE TURNS. And the throttle servo seems to struggle from time to time to reach full throttle and to give good brake pressure. I'am using trinity fuel 30% and no xtra head shims, also with the same glow plug that it came with. I took the glow plug out to check on the brightness of it's coils and it lights up as if it was NEW. The hobby shops only had MC 59 and SH #4 so I bought 2 of each. I hope they will work out fine tell me what you folks think about these glow plugs, and what servo's do you suggest. THANKS[sm=sunsmiley.gif] PS... what's the point of buying a RTR kit at $339.99 if you have to take out the servo's & radio to put in new one's[sm=confused.gif] by godleeeeee I think I've just lost my savings[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]DUH DO EEEEEEE DUH.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.