Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MGT OR SAVAGE

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 11:43 PM
mosavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT OR SAVAGE

my brother has a savage which i like a lot........i hate the fact that it has that stupid dual plate chassis....becuz to fix one thing u gotta take tweh whole truck apart. i have a team. ass. nitro tc3 and it still has not given me any problems......my question is that if i get teh mgt, will i be able to find hop up parts for it like the savage and also i was wondering which motor should i put in a mgt to make it a bit faster... i would love to get some feedback from you mgt owners who might have modded mgts and share with me your experience and top speeds.

thank you very much
Old 07-19-2005, 11:30 AM
mosavage

Default RE: MGT OR SAVAGE

come on guys, some1 has to have a modded mgt
Old 07-19-2005, 12:13 PM
ICrashThings

Tjhe savage and MGT aftermarket are pretty much the same. Upgrades are easy to find. The MGT is great to work on, its all wide open and the repairs dont take very long. The top speed with the stock engine i think is 36mph. But you have to remember, Associated even said that the engine is way under powered for the truck. The stiock engine runs great though, easy to tune and use. The electronics are on a tray and only removing 4 screws the whole tray can come off for easy cleaning/fixing. The MGT only really needs is a 5 cell hump pack, only because the AA's wont last as long/preform as well.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:10 AM
rc_monster

MGT all the way...
Old 07-24-2005, 12:24 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Mach .26 is a popular engine because it's cheap and powerful. You'll need a bigger clutchbell though. I've never seen a radared speed of over 30 mph for the stock MGT. RCCA says it's 28 MPH (I think......I don't feel like looking for the mag.)
Old 07-24-2005, 12:41 AM
jimcrawler

MGT MGT MGT MGT MGT MGT MGT
Old 07-24-2005, 12:43 AM
chelopr

MGT= Easy to work but is an slow truck from factory(stock) and is too big, I prefer savage as you said is hard to work on it but IMO is better truck, You will spend some money in upgrades before you go side by side to your brother's savage.

If your brother have a savage then buy a savage, some advantage you will get is that you can use the parts from your brother's truck.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:47 AM
3spdsavage

hey jimcrawler, i just saw a pic of you mgt with hpi parts, but then u make fun of savages. i stopped for a sec. and thought real hard to figure out where you bought your truck.........radio shack or wal mart? hahahahahaha.........show some respect for all savage owners
Old 07-24-2005, 01:16 PM
jimcrawler

ORIGINAL: os18tc3

hey jimcrawler, i just saw a pic of you mgt with hpi parts, but then u make fun of savages. i stopped for a sec. and thought real hard to figure out where you bought your truck.........radio shack or wal mart? hahahahahaha.........show some respect for all savage owners
race results dont lie, up to this point one has never beat me. Wheres your rig? I see by your sig you have a touring car, OH YOU MUST BE ANOTHER WANNABE!!!lol RESPECT IS EARNED NOT GIVEN!!!! SO HIT THE CURB JR. YOUR X MOD IS CALLIN!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2005, 03:27 PM
jimcrawler

I Race every friday nite at barnstormers in chester, ny. sometimes sunday also. Whenever you want to run against my "SAVAGE SLAYER" ID be happy to open up a can of WHOOP @$$ ON YA!STEP ON UP SON YOUR NEXT!!!!
ORIGINAL: os18tc3

Old 07-24-2005, 11:20 PM
mosavage

i actually own a savage....but guess wut jimcrawler......i have a life.....i dont keep updated with my profile.........and guess what....i raced at barnstormers and and jefferson.....big deal barnstormers is for rednex like you....sothern cali is a different league ....so u need to step up your game....and also .....your not black. AND YOU CALLED ME A WANNA BE!!!! HOMO THUG!!!
Old 07-24-2005, 11:29 PM
mosavage

OH YEA I FORGOT....FOR YOUR SMART REMARK ABOUT THE XMOD....LIKE I SAID IF YOU WANNA RACE I CAN GO OUT BUY AN XMOD OR EVEN AN HPI DASH....AND STILL BEAT YOUR XMODSLAYER!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2005, 11:35 PM
jimcrawler

You should learn how to read idiot, the post that said wanna be wasnt even to you. im done with your getto ass loser!
ORIGINAL: mosavage

i actually own a savage....but guess wut jimcrawler......i have a life.....i dont keep updated with my profile.........and guess what....i raced at barnstormers and and jefferson.....big deal barnstormers is for rednex like you....sothern cali is a different league ....so u need to step up your game....and also .....your not black. AND YOU CALLED ME A WANNA BE!!!! HOMO THUG!!!
Old 07-24-2005, 11:39 PM
jimcrawler

thats another post not directed to you ....RETARD, must be hard going through life with no reading comprehension

OH YEA I FORGOT....FOR YOUR SMART REMARK ABOUT THE XMOD....LIKE I SAID IF YOU WANNA RACE I CAN GO OUT BUY AN XMOD OR EVEN AN HPI DASH....AND STILL BEAT YOUR XMODSLAYER!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2005, 11:42 PM
jimcrawler

how can i be black and a redneck at the same time? Keep typing and let everyone know how simple you are!!

Old 07-25-2005, 12:54 AM
mosavage

ur a redneck tryign to be black, os18tc3 is my borhter jack*****. don't tell me to grow up when u have that message as ur signature. do u really think your mgt can beat me. just take a look at my mods, that's not even half o f them
Old 07-25-2005, 10:28 AM
tzque

What are you guys doing fighting at 5 in the am . take a deep breath guys . I have gotten myself caught up in one or two flame wars .
Back to the question . I own both and I am very happy with them . If your brother has the savage I would get the MGT . It drives very different than the savage and I is one hell of a basher in its on right .
For a motor choice I would vote for the Mach 26 as well . The picco and Wasp and Collari are good but you would have to update the drive train. It was made to handle a 21 not a 30 . the Mach isnt as hard on parts .
Old 07-25-2005, 12:49 PM
mosavage

my brother is getting a savage and is putting in a collari right away
Old 07-25-2005, 02:18 PM
tzque

And he will break parts . Mosavage you just like a good fight . I didnt say anything was wrong with the 30 . My statement is and was the drive train of a MGT isnt set up for that much torque . Neither is a stock savage . the 4.6 is close but the 30 is alot of power .
I am not sure of your age but this is a forum for comments and thoughts and debate not petty attacks and fights. this is not a flame just a statement and my opinion . read the writing in read before you send your response
Old 07-25-2005, 02:37 PM
jimcrawler

i AGREE 100% .This is a hobby, everyone needs to lighten up!!!
ORIGINAL: tzque
I am not sure of your age but this is a forum for comments and thoughts and debate not petty attacks and fights. this is not a flame just a statement and my opinion . read the writing in read before you send your response
Old 07-25-2005, 05:19 PM
mosavage

Of course he needs to beefen up his drivetrain. he weasn't just going to get the truck and drop a collari. he would be braking parts left and right. i didnt mean by taking the savage home and taking out the s-25 and putttin gin the collari. it already has the 4 bevel gear differential installed so that's on less thing we have to do. he just boght some heavy duty dogbones and hd driveshafts from hobbypeople. for my savage, i installed the 4 bevel gears in the diffs and got some differnt driveshatfs and havent had a problem with my drivetrain.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:36 AM
MRTC3

mgt
Old 08-02-2005, 10:55 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i have both and i guess if ur thinking of a little bit of racing id go with mgt cuz savage is not good for racing unless u mod some stuff up
Old 08-02-2005, 12:06 PM
mosavage

not relly, i just put the hump pack and some bowties and i was racing. handling wasn't bad at all
Old 08-03-2005, 02:01 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

well in my case for me mgt turns better than savage thats y i said that..i raced my sav too it has steering mod ,hitorque servo and hump pack also but i cant get the steering i wanted..which i found on my mgt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.