Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

holes in rim or not?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 03:30 AM
Tnx_4_life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holes in rim or not?

well i got my order from tower....when i received it the box was ripped open....and when i opened the box i missed my HPI Humppack and my Venom Temp. Monitor [:@][:@][:@]

anyhow im not gonna get too angry about this bcoz i still got my tires and rims anf foams and screws

Altho there was one peculiar thing about the wheels....the RPM wheels have no holes in them....when i fit on the tire and u would put presure on the tire and lift up a lip of the tire u would hear psssshhhh....depresureising(thats spelt wrong i know)....anyway, so should i make holes and if so how big and how much? i read some time ago u should make 2 hole opposite of eachother with a diameter of about 2 mm?
Old 07-21-2005, 05:20 AM
fhm101

Default RE: holes in rim or not?

If you glue tires up on wheels with no holes in the wheels it traps air in the tire and will be like running your truck with 4 basketballs on it. Imagine dribbling your truck every time you jump it and that's what it's like. It's best to punch holes in the wheels to allow air to escape and also punch holes in your tires to line up with the holes in the wheels so water that gets in the tire when cleaning can escape. Drill small holes in the wheels then use a 1.5mm allen driver to punch a couple of holes in the tires. I do mine in the center of the tire lined up with the holes in the wheel. Just shove the driver through the tire and foam and out the hole in the wheel. Leaving your tires full of water will ruin your driveline. The larger the tire, the quicker this will happen.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:34 AM
Tnx_4_life

ye my TNX was alot boucier with them on lol

another thing should i dye the rims or not? i might wanna dye them gun metal/greyish colour.....
Old 07-21-2005, 10:05 AM
gerwen

No reason not to, unless you like them undyed.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Tnx_4_life

im not sure on that...that the prob...i think ill get some grey clothing paint and dye them gunmetallish. that looks better than the white i think....
Old 07-21-2005, 08:52 PM
crazychris7

i always cut lil triangles in the TIRES. Some think im crazy for it, but think about it... if you race, you get sand/dirt/whatever in your tires, which eats the foams... it goes in the hole and stays there, no way out... but if you do 2-3 lil holes in the tires, you give it gas and all the stuff inside will fling out, keeping your tires from becoming like solid 5 lb circles giving your car resistance and it will blow hub bearings...

Chris