Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Warhead turning heads

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Kemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warhead turning heads

At the latest Proline Maxx race, in the BIG BLOCK class, duratrax made an appearance that even shocked me.
Looking at the truck, and how delayed it is, i would have never thought it would be able to do what it did.

In the Feature race, the Warheads finished 6th AND 12th... both powered by OS Vspec engines. Could duratrax be working on a factory race team? Looks like the road a head is more FEATURE main appearances for them. The more they get, the better they look.

What you guys think of that? No pics provided from race
Old 07-22-2005, 12:59 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: Warhead turning heads

I think you should go back and do that post right! With a video! lol. Just messin with ya man... Thats good news. Companies are realizing MT's ARE race worthy. I have high hopes for that Warhead. It looks great.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:12 PM
Kemo

I wish i had video I wanna hear and see how it performs. No wonder why Duratrax has been pushing off the release of it!

Side question from topic: What do you guys think of Kyosho racing PROTOTYPES for the IFMAR race? (i know they are both electrics, just curious) Looks like the 2wd is a Ultima and the 4wd is a Lazer! Kyosho America is really digging in, and its a heck of a way to start being new in AMERICA.

Back to topic: Duratrax is on the ball, not many believe it, but they have done their homework.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:05 PM
DaveG55

I hope you're right allthough I'd be more impressed if they did it with the Thunder Tiger engine they're going to sell it with.
Tower's website still says availability in late August, has anyone heard anything different?
Old 07-23-2005, 12:14 AM
infernalstone

I await ThermalRD's inevitable review of the truck. My prediction is he'll have one before the end of the year, assuming the truck is out by then.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:28 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I am going to pick this one up at release. See if I can beat Matt to this one!

I have been holding out for the Warhead (even though I have been through a few older trucks waiting), this is a must have for me. I just see durability like a Savage with a low CG, and something I can beat up on the weekend and put on the track during the week. I even like the RTR body!
Old 07-23-2005, 04:33 AM
Haulin bass

All monsters should be starterbox capable.I thought it looked like a durable platform to build something off of from the start.A true do it all rig, best off all race engines will go in no problem.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Kemo

This truck just needs some tinkering with, before you know it, you got a sleek racer.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:36 AM
Nitro Goose

Looks like they've pushed it back again. Tower is now stating availability in late September.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

That's why I cancel mine as my eyes turn white already by keep on waiting, waiting for more than 12 month, and i"m glad that I did. Now I'm enjoying using my Hyper 7 Tq Sport and cost me only $230 plus $120 for the engine (mach .26).I have spare electronics like the M8 and Hitech servos.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:28 PM
DaveG55

If you're only going to get one vehicle the waiting can be a real drag. Since I already have 1 nitro car, 3 Mt's, 2 nitro boats and 2 electric planes, I've got plenty to play with while I wait. I think I'll get either a Revo or a Jato next, I'm leaning towards the Jato as it's different than the MT's and I will continue to wait on the Warhead. I've not been charged for it yet and I'll get it for the sale price ($349.00) Tower had it listed for in the spring when it ships so no skin off my nose, so to speak.
Dave
Old 07-28-2005, 01:41 AM
Ybenjulkay2x

I do have the prp raptor truck with .26 sportwerks, the hyper I mention, I do also have on road cars 10th and 8th scale Mugen (MRX3 AND MTX3), also that ob-4 nitro. By the way, they did took the money out in my account. I even order together with the dean connector but didn't receive the connector until now since i cancel my order, even a separate reimburse for that part.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:48 AM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

anybody think its coming out late sept? if you do a search on tower, it shows all the replacment parts for it.

take a look: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...ad&FVPROFIL=++

chris
Old 08-17-2005, 09:30 AM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

I hope you're right allthough I'd be more impressed if they did it with the Thunder Tiger engine they're going to sell it with.
Just a note to everyone, Duratrax is use a SuperTigre engine, not a Thunder Tiger.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:45 AM
DaveG55

ooopps, Darn it sucks when the memory starts to go!!!!!
Old 08-17-2005, 11:11 AM
ThermalRD

Tamiya Kid, i think the truck is gonna show up real soon. I also think this truck is gonna shake up the growing MT class, and bring in more hobbyists. The warhead looks to have it all. I cant wait to get my paws on one.