Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

OS .15 CRV Hard to start when warm.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

OS .15 CRV Hard to start when warm.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 05:41 PM
rcnewbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .15 CRV Hard to start when warm.

My OS .15 CRV engine starts and runs fine for the first tank of fuel, then is hard to start. Runs fine after I finally get it going but this is frustrating. I have to have the throttle fully open and it seems to help if I take the air filter off and plug the carb. with my (gloved) finger. The engine was broken in and tuned by an expert who unfortunately lives in another state. (Same sea level and climate) I've only used about 2 quarts of 20% hobby shop fuel in it so it's not worn out. It's installed on a T-Maxx. Any suggestions?
Old 07-24-2005, 08:08 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS .15 CRV Hard to start when warm.

ORIGINAL: rcnewbe

My OS .15 CRV engine starts and runs fine for the first tank of fuel, then is hard to start. Runs fine after I finally get it going but this is frustrating. I have to have the throttle fully open and it seems to help if I take the air filter off and plug the carb. with my (gloved) finger. The engine was broken in and tuned by an expert who unfortunately lives in another state. (Same sea level and climate) I've only used about 2 quarts of 20% hobby shop fuel in it so it's not worn out. It's installed on a T-Maxx. Any suggestions?
I'M no pro at these engines but all of my engines ran good after trial and error lock up from being to lean, and quite a few folks at the the local hobby shops around here likes for me to set there engines, get them up and running and they all seem very happy with the results. IT sounds like your engine is to lean. First make sure you have no leaks around engine, carb, fuel line, head etc. If all's ok..... then try making your settings richer for the high & low needle screw's 2 millermeters out for each screw, then try to start it. If no go then give them another 2mm turn outward do this until it starts. Once it starts and runs ok( remember you want to see some smoke at take off & at full throttle your better safe richer than sorry=to lean) shut it down and count your needle settings for both screw's high & low by turning them clockwise and counting each full turn inward ( let's say you counted 3 & 3/4 of turns inward on the highend needle screw, then 3 & 3/4 of turns outward should be a good starting point in most cases it's usually 3 turns out from start on the high end & a flush lowend screw with carb barrel on low end but depending on your sea level and your weather conditions will let you know what settings your engine will perform at it's best ) and that should alway's be a good starting point for your engine and your sea level. Do the same for the lowend needle screw (minor adjustments will be needed as the weather changes for different days). I hope this help like I said I'M no pro but let me know how it go