Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Revo troubles

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 05:44 PM
InuyashaFreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo troubles

I don't know what it is, maybe a lemon but I've had nothing but problems with this truck ever since I got it. The first thing that happened was the engine case came apart, no big deal to me really because I had planned to replace the engine with an O.S. TM for the revo. But then the opti drive started malfunctioning and it wouldn't go into reverse. Still okay, I don't care too much for reverse any way. And today, for no reason, the front right wheel came off, the axle was broken. After I fixed that, I drove it again and now I'm only getting RWD no front drive. So what the hell is up with this thing?
Old 07-27-2005, 08:47 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Revo troubles

LOL... I love reading how you describe it...

And today, for no reason, the front right wheel came off, the axle was broken.
I will tell you... either you REALLY REALLY suck at driving, or you got a bad one.... 'cause things just falling apart doesn't happen on ANY truck (even the ones I hate...)... I still have my 2.5r with 2 gallons through it... and if I put it back in my truck, it would RUN LIKE A CHAMP... If the axle was broken... then, you should look a little bit more at the truck before you run it. That was your fault. The only getting RWD tells me your front diff is toast... which tells me that you either mistreat it... or have the slipper too tight, and take it off jumps... pin the throttle... and land on the front tires....The only time I break parts is when I beat the crap out of it... or run it into walls/trees (immovable objects) ...
Old 07-28-2005, 12:59 AM
InuyashaFreak

Excuse me? How dare you, the shear nerve of you to place blame on me. I have many traxxas vehicles. I obviously have a lemon because my t-maxx doesn't do this to me and the t-maxx isn't nearly as durable as the revo. I don't beat up my trucks and I have years upon years of experience. I've seen your posts before, and excuse me for being blunt, but in my opinion, you are an *******.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:21 AM
RC Prodigy

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

I will tell you... either you REALLY REALLY suck at driving, or you got a bad one.... 'cause things just falling apart doesn't happen on ANY truck (even the ones I hate...)... I still have my 2.5r with 2 gallons through it... and if I put it back in my truck, it would RUN LIKE A CHAMP... If the axle was broken... then, you should look a little bit more at the truck before you run it. That was your fault. The only getting RWD tells me your front diff is toast... which tells me that you either mistreat it... or have the slipper too tight, and take it off jumps... pin the throttle... and land on the front tires....The only time I break parts is when I beat the crap out of it... or run it into walls/trees (immovable objects) ...

You arrogant son of a $#%^. Give the guy a goddamn break, what the hell is your problem?! I can't say much for the revo bcuz I don't own one, but it sounds to me like he isn't at fault here. Sounds to me like he's got a lemon. Things such as lemons DO exist.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:31 AM
Crazy Canuck

Hey, some of the problems you are having happened to me as well. My optidrive (on my third one now) went within the first month, the second, a month and a half later. Crossing my fingers this one lasts. I found my Revo to be a little on the fragile side, not as durable as my Savage. Things break when they shouldn't...ie: my pipe cracked...no idea how this happened, runs at a good temp, never landed on the pipe...**** happens I guess. Like some real automobiles, you definitely can get a lemon. Some sub-par parts inevitably pass screening and make their way out into the hobby shops and we, the consumers, are the ones who have to suffer. Just fix what's broken, send the engine back to Traxxas and use the replacement as a spare for the OS.18. Good luck with it.

Cheers

And don't let people on these boards get you down, we all have to deal with their $#%# at some point or another.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:06 AM
RCtruckRacer

Well heck, all trucks break...

That being said, replacing the 2.5r was a good move, broken or not. They don't usually last longer than 3 gallons anyway.

The axle, well you may never know what happended there. Unless, you stripped a wheel on the other side then all the power went to the side that eventually broke by hitting something...

Anyway, check for a stripped wheel. This could be the reason for the 2wd. Happens to the best of us!

Edit: After the post I realize what I dumb@$$ I can be... I meant that the side that broke might be stripped - if so the axle sat and spun without getting any power to the wheel - if it is stripped anyway.

Sorry!

PS: Just thought of this too: Could be a toasted bearing in the carrier. That would cause an axle failure too.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:09 AM
crazychris7

Imma stick my head in this real quick... have you called traxxas? *ducks out before something is thrown at him*

Chris
Old 07-28-2005, 02:28 AM
RenegadeRevo

Guess you missed this part...

either you REALLY REALLY suck at driving, or you got a bad one....
I was just saying... that the wheel just falling off... that's your fault for not checking it before you ran it. Heck, my spur gear MELTED and somehow all the spur screws came out and got lost... due to a missing engine mount screw... am I blaming Traxxas? No. Am I blaming RB Concepts? No. I blame myself because I didn't check it before I ran it. The engine case coming apart... that would be a defective part.... the optidrive... I've got an extra one that worked well for me for the first 1.5 gallons.. you want it? Do what I did... take reverse out... quit spending your money on optidrives... and just do a FOC. Trust me, you will soon forget what reverse was like. The blown diff... call Traxxas and talk to customer service... they hooked me up with a new diff, since they did have some problems with them. Just chill, man. Don't get so defensive. You started this thread as an "angry" thread, and unfortunately, I added to that. I apologize if that made you angry, or whatever... just chill... get the parts fixed, and off ya go. Call Traxxas about the engine and the diff... do a FOC.. and make sure you check your Revo for proper operation... especially after a hard run (which is probably what broke your axle in the first place, you just didn't notice it...)
Old 07-28-2005, 03:15 PM
GoldenPoint

ORIGINAL: RC Prodigy

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

You arrogant son of a $#%^. Give the guy a goddamn break, what the hell is your problem?! I can't say much for the revo bcuz I don't own one, but it sounds to me like he isn't at fault here. Sounds to me like he's got a lemon. Things such as lemons DO exist.
amen.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:46 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: GoldenPoint
amen.
Wow, you contributed a lot.

How can you not take responsibility for the damage you did to your truck? Man, personal responsibility has diminished lately. "It can't be MY fault... it's gotta be the truck's fault." Because the truck broke itself, right? I mean... it MUST have broken itself, 'cause it's NOT MY FAULT. Does the truck drive itself too? C'Mon man. Like I said in the post. Some of your problems are unique, and I've never heard of (engine case just falling apart)... guessing that it would be a defect, and Traxxas will or.. should replace it. The broken axle didn't break just from sitting on the shelf. They don't even break when you hit a wall going 15mph.. trust me... I did that, with 2DMaxLST and SavageBeast witnessing it. HOWEVER, there could have been a defect in the material, which caused it to break prematurely. Just call Traxxas and talk to them. They have pretty good customer service. (at least, that's been MY experience) ... what can it hurt?
Old 07-31-2005, 08:23 AM
hugh.jeego

yeah i think you took renegaderevos comments a little too seriously. i am a s**t driver, cos im a basher, and as a basher you have to accept responsibility for certain things. the clue is in the term "basher". it means you give it extra abuse, abuse that its not specifically meant to handle, but it does handle it most of the time. A lot of these trucks are designed for racing, and i don't just mean pro's racing and tournaments, but amongst friends. if you gave your car (not r/c, like your full scale car) extra abuse and it broke, you would take responsibility. After all, thats what aftermarket parts are for. To replace the parts most vulnerable to damage, and to improve performance. Anyway, don't take this like i'm ganging up on you with renegade. I'm just expressing my opinion.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:52 PM
Tnx_4_life

@ Revofamily

as u say the revo is very durable, and i sure do believe that after me seeing loads of movies of the revo getting run straight into curbs etc. But then i ask you, if its so durable how can an axle just break like that. And i just happen to know that this dude has had alot of traxxas trucks(traxxas freak =P j/k) and i dont think he would mistreat in anyway. And if he did then he should know coz i mean...if you have experience u know when u did something wrong and when u didnt. So with this said i believe he has got one of thoise revo's made on a friday afternoon....its just bad luck

I think even i as a MT truck newbie would know if i didnt something wrong....im not sure if he has been fiddling with the axles or not but if uve taken them apart and u forgot a screw or 2...sure they'll break, just dont judge until u got enough info....

amen to that