Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Gettin outta monsters in favor of stadiums.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Gettin outta monsters in favor of stadiums.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 10:45 PM
UltegraSTI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gettin outta monsters in favor of stadiums.

their a lotta work, especially when racing. any1 else realize this or get frustrated by this?

gonna offload my SUT Pro and my LSP (on ebay now in fact) to make room and a lil money. i have a XXX-NT which i really like. smaller 2wd w/less parts and less work makes now casual interest in R/C much more fun. i'll still toss up videos when i can. do like watchin monsters race though, good show indeed. those truggies are muckin it up for sure though.

now back to the stadium truck.

-Ult
Old 08-15-2005, 02:16 PM
xtribe00

Default RE: Gettin outta monsters in favor of stadiums.

I know exactly how you feel. I was in deep into on-road and off-road and felt the cost of up keep and racing became to stressful, so I cashed in my chips and got a RC10GT. It was fun, easy to maintain, inexpensive, and thus it became my lil' hot rod since I gave racing. However after a while I gave to my son and got an RTR SUT, with the intention of just being a casual hobbist. So far so good, I have had very few issues and it had been quite bulletproof. Then again I am only a mild basher when compared to some of the vids I've see posted here and other sites. (i.e. I don't jump houses, football goal posts, etc. LOL ) Anyway, have fun with the XXX-NT it is a great vehicle.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:56 PM
UltegraSTI

really? the SUT RTR is subject to a bunch of issues. if u need, i can look into helpin ya w/some pro parts off my SUT Pro, have most of a spare car here as well (used to have only a storm pro and sut pro).

shock towers, chassis braces, front knuckles, and the stock cast hingepin holders are ur primary prob points. address them now or kill lots of parts includin the chassis.

-Ult
Old 08-16-2005, 10:27 AM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

For racing, I can see how STs are fun, but not necessarily more fun than buggies or MTs.

But for bashing & tooling around, MTs offer a LOT more versitility and DURABILITY compared to stadium trucks. In grass, at construction sites even on pavement, the big tires, 4WD and even their 'heft' make MTs much better "cross trainers". And they're tons more durable than lightweight STs with those spindly arms & suspension parts...and those parts aren't really any cheaper than MT ones (and you're replacing them more often.

XXX-NTs and the like are pretty much one-trick ponys (track racing)...maybe 2-tricks, as they're fun in the sand as well.

Dean
Old 08-16-2005, 10:54 AM
binaryterror

I prefer MT's because well I like their driving...

I tried ST's for racing...not enough fun for me is all.