Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

where to buy XTM replacement parts????

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

where to buy XTM replacement parts????

Old 07-31-2005, 09:32 AM
REVOJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to buy XTM replacement parts????

Hi,
I have decided to buy a XTM Mammoth St, I am used to buying parts from Tower, however they have no parts for XTM products. Do you have any links to online retailers that sell replacement parts for XTM products, and XTM hop-up prodcts?
Thanks in advance, Joe
Old 07-31-2005, 09:37 AM
peed

Default RE: where to buy XTM replacement parts????

here:

replacement parts:
http://www.hobbypeople.net/part/14561901.asp

hop-ups:
http://www.hobbypeople.net/hopup/14561901.asp
Old 07-31-2005, 10:16 AM
REVOJoe

excellent !!!!!!, I must have been an idiot, I did look there but didn't find what I needed. Now I see them.
Thanks for the quick help !
Joe
Old 08-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Mr. Furious

Here's some free advice from a former XTM owner. I had a Mammoth and X-Terminator. I loved the car and truck (mostly because of the 24.7 engine) but I live on the East Coast. No one carries XTM parts in any quantity or selection but Hobby People. They sell the stuff for full retail because they are XTM's main outlet. It takes a long time to get parts and it's stupidly expensive to keep XTM stuff running. They make good cars for the price you pay but they quickly bury you in hop-ups and replacement parts because they just aren't that strong out of the box. If you don't live near a Hobby People that you can walk in to buy your parts, I would seriously consider steering clear of XTM. Parts can be found on ebay but who wants to wait a week for an auction to end and then shipping time to get a part you broke this weekend. Not to mention, if parts are out of stock at Hobby People, the prices go crazy high on ebay. I would check locally and see what trucks you can get parts for easily and cheaply. Traxxas, HPI, Associated are all well distributed trucks. See what's available closest to you. I had to sell my XTM's because of all the down-time, frustration and cost to keep them running.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:33 PM
REVOJoe

Mr Furious,
Thanks for the heads up, I have already hit the LHS's and found one 10 miles away that sells the truck and said they will fully support it. I fortunetly live near Atlanta GA and have plenty of shops to choose from. Surprisingly none of the major players in my town carry parts for XTM, just this one small shop close to my house. I think I'll try my luck with a XTM truck, my motto is " when it breaks( and it will) bring out another victim"
Joe
Old 08-04-2005, 07:25 AM
Mr. Furious

It's cool that you have a place near you to buy parts. It gets expensive doing mail order for 1 or 2 small parts here and there. XTM does make some decent stuff. Hopefully the ST will address some of the original Mammoth's weak points. I had like $400+ in alloy arms, carbon towers and braces to keep my Mammoth together. After all that it was much better but the differentials were terribly weak. They used X-Termiantor diff's in the Mammy and they were not strong enough for a truck that heavy with wheels so big.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:35 AM
binaryterror

The new ST does have alot of better things...XTM did learn from the Mammoth's problems.

The diffs are so much better built now.

I do recommend a Center diff for it, it helps saves the diffs as it allows some slippage.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:29 AM
REVOJoe

Speaking about the center dif's, I'm a bit confused about his conversion . Do I understand it correctly that I must replace clutch bell with single gear and convert the truck to a single speed truck?
Other than the $50 kit what else would I need to make the conversion, and is it rerally necessary for back yard jumping and dirt field playing?
Thanks,Joe
Old 08-08-2005, 03:23 AM
xtremraptor
My Feedback: (24)

No one carries XTM parts in any quantity or selection but Hobby People. They sell the stuff for full retail because they are XTM's main outlet. It takes a long time to get parts and it's stupidly expensive to keep XTM stuff running
i too live on the east coast, in VT to be exact. i have ordered from HobbyPeople several times. i have to disagree with the time limit thing. i sent a money order in and had my parts within 7 days. that's from the time i put it in the mail to the time it arrived at my door. i really don't think the price on replacement stock parts is all that bad either. since i have no hobby shop near me at all i have to order everything. TOWERHOBBIES is the only place i've seen come close to their quickness in delivery(but no XTM parts there)

but that's just my $.02

besides i get most parts from E-B-A-Y. just watch your prices and do a little research and you can get all sorts for parts at dirt cheap
Old 08-27-2005, 11:21 PM
TOMCAT01
My Feedback: (1)

i live on the east cost and i found a place could hobby hut they have XTM parts