RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MINI QUAKE !

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 07:04 AM
serious_rc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MINI QUAKE !

Hello everyone at RCU.

Well, from months i was trying the find something. Actually i wanted to know that which is the MOST POWERFULL motor that can be used an an upgrade with the Duratrax MINI QUAKE to achieve maximum speed?

Also, does anyone know the highest speed hit of mini quake till now.

Hoping to recieve informatory replies from our fellow RCU members,

Gautam.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:01 AM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: MINI QUAKE !

I don't know if this is kosher or not, but...

There's a group of forums specific to 1/18 scale vehicles called www.one18th.com There's a sub-forum specific to YOUR truck there as well as every other 1/18 vehicle on the market on & off road (and 1/16 too...Kyosho Mini Inferno!!)

Dean
Old 08-30-2005, 03:59 PM
RCtruckRacer

There is a GREAT write up on the Mini-Q SE in the new RC Driver. They put a Mambo brushless in it, and with an 11.1 Li-Poly batt it had speeds over 35 mph!!!! After reading the article, I am SOLD. I have a small backyard so any track I put in will also need to be small. This is exactly the truck I need to better my racing skills for the MT class. The speed with a standard 7.2 volt system was about 25, still pretty darn fast for a 1/18. Ally CV's, Ally shocks, fits a standard size rx and lots of available hop-ups.... what more could you want?
Old 08-30-2005, 04:09 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Seems a bit $$$ for a duratrax mini, loaded as it is (ESPECIALLY the SE!!). I have a mini-T, so I'm not shopping right now, but if I were, I'd probby lean towards the Associated RC 18 (they now have a MT version in addition to the ST one) or the XRAY (if it ever gets released!!).

Maybe it's the duratrax label, but it just seems like the MQ should be about $125-150, not $180. And it seemed a BIT cheezy (not 'hobby level' plastic, thin body) when I saw it at the rosemont hobby show last year.

Can you drop "Mini-T class" wheels on it? Bodies? I dunno, it's nice to have some flexibility re. hopups, and the Mini-T/RC 18 are doing so well, I think they are creating a class unto themselves with LOTS of firms making hopups that can be used on all of em.

Still, the MQs a nice truck, don't get me wrong!

Dean

PS...sorry to see Thunder Tiger took the cheese route w/their new ZK2 minis. I've only seen ads, but they're 2WD, which seems odd, since every contender since the Mini-T is 4WD (and they're MTs, not STs!). Who knows...maybe it's great, but at $130, I think it's gonna flop in light of all the competition.

http://www.ehobbies.com/ttr6551fs41a.html
Old 08-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually own at most of the RCs mentioned on this thread - MQ, T, RC18T, M18 (not the new Xray MT) plus two Min-Infernos and others.

For more information about Minis, including the Duratrax Mini-Quake, visit the "Mini & Micro" RC Cars subforum
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_235/tt.htm

In addition, CEN is also releasing the Mini-Madness....
ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

. . . After all, a Novak GTB Racing ESC quote:

can be used with either brushless or brushed motors, has no brushed motor limit, and is compatible with all Novak 540-size sensored brushless motors: Velociti 5.5 Racing (5 1/2-turn), Velociti 6.5 Racing (6 1/2-turn), SS5800 (8 1/2-turn), and SS4300 (10 1/2-turn).
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...tem/index.html

And if the CEN Mini-Madness ships RTR with a 540-size motor, then a 540-size brushless motor should fit which should make it run faster than most can probably control it.
I'm also locking the thread since the Mini-Quake is a Mini and there are already a few threads on it in the "Mini & Micro" subforum linked to above and here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_235/tt.htm