Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

MY Revo vs. MY Mammoth ST at the track

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MY Revo vs. MY Mammoth ST at the track

Old 09-03-2005, 07:29 AM
REVOJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY Revo vs. MY Mammoth ST at the track

I went to a track to pratice and brought my REVO and Mammoth ST, here are my thoughts about the pratice session.

My Mammoth is only about 3 weeks old and my REVO is 9 months old. I have a lot more run time in with my REVO so one would expect to be able to handle the REVO on the track better as of now. I just took both trucks to a track to pratice, and I'm no racer... just a basher, but here is what I found:

REVO- soaked up the whop de do's better at speed, handled the hair-pin turns better, stayed on course better coming out of turns when power on, nothing broke on a 30 minute run, not enough power for a NOO-B like me to make the doubles that are just after a hard turn.. couldn't get enough speed up in the 15' of straight before the jump.

Mammoth ST- bounced a bit in the whop-de-do's at 1/2 throttle, harder to make tight turns but the great brakes and awesome power allowed me to power it around the turns ok. one screw backed itself out ..no big deal but should have lock tight everything to start. Tons of power, much more than my skill level will let me use. I could ease up to a double abd blip the throttle and clear it with ease, tons of power , I don't think I ever got more than 1/2 way into the throttle on this track. 40 wt shock oil and lock tight is a need here.

FUN FACTOR??? Too soon to tell, my Mammoth is new, it's also big. I think once the new car smell is gone I would be more inclined to bash the REVO at the track, but will still pratice with the MAMMOTH so I can one day race with it. The local track guy suggested I run a 1/8 scale in the monster class, so I really need both.

My XTM engine is a bit cold natured at first but ran flawlessly all day, my TRAXXAS engine ran good too, just has an ocasional flame out for no apparent reason, not really a problem for a basher, just every once in a while( 20 minutes maybe) it just dies.

One side note, the dif gears in my mammoth chatter like crap on pavement, no problems in the dirt though, I might do the center dif upgrade being that 48 MPH is to fast for the track any ways and a more reliable drive train is much more important, and if you can't use the speed why have it?

Joe
Old 09-04-2005, 12:10 AM
Desert Racer
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: MY Revo vs. MY Mammoth ST at the track

Got back with my mammoth st from the track and it did really good I just have to get the steering servo down for it. I have a 945mg but is seeems slow compared to my mgt I am going to get axel adapters to run proline rims and tires on it
Old 09-05-2005, 04:02 PM
REVOJoe

ORIGINAL: BEEN THERE WRECKED THAT

I am going to get axel adapters to run proline rims and tires on it
Yea, your right on about the prolines, i push real bad in the corners . I already have my axle adapters just need to figure out which wheel and tire i want to run, probably bowtie or snake eyes for tires but I need some "bling" for the rims
JOe
Old 09-07-2005, 01:05 AM
Desert Racer
My Feedback: (5)

lol I am thinking about standrad maxx rims like maybe some rpm ones with bowties or crimefighter hum....