Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Mammoth ------- MGT

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 06:05 AM
gagt2nv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mammoth ------- MGT

Hey guys i have been researching for about a month now on Monster Trucks and what to buy. A buddy of mine has a LST and my other buddy at work has a Spyder. both very nice and very fast trucks, despite the minor setbacks they had, they are well built. but i dont want to follow after someone and get the same thing. that is no fun for me. i like the look of the mgt and the fact that it has a roto type start along with a pullstart. i like the mammoth too due too how open it is. so here are my questions. for mammoth owners or anyone who might know. how is the parts supply? aftermarket and upgrade parts availible? between the two what does everyone think is the better one? they are both about the same price but what i like is the Hitec radio on the xtm. also is it possible on the mammoth to maybe put a Tiger-drive? or convert to a roto type start? thanks for the help.

Mike
Old 02-16-2005, 06:09 AM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: Mammoth ------- MGT

Only question I can answer is , yes, you can do the roto start on the 24/7 in the mammoth (I have an X factor 2, same engine)
Old 02-16-2005, 06:46 AM
gagt2nv

GROUNDFORCE - is it possible you can get me a pic of the rotostart in your truck? i have been looking at pics online but from every angle i see, it doesnt look like it will even work. thanks again

Mike
Old 02-16-2005, 09:21 AM
bajan_dread

I brought a XTM last year around May so I have a different radio then they are giving out now with all the other models. Personally the only radio I really like that came with any of my trucks is the 3 channel for my savage without going into fm its definately the one im most comfortable with. As far as getting supplies, I cant see where your from while Im writing this but unless your on the west coast your going to have to get the parts shipped to you which really isnt that bad if you have other trucks to pull out while one is down. And sometimes you can get free shipping if you rub the store owner the right way (spend alot of cash in one shot) I too like the double option on the MGT but honestly I've never used the roto start dont ask me why? Oh yea Im mad at my savage so it reminds me of it, the mammoth is a kool truck I was thinking about if I could add the pull/ roto plates on my other big blocks instead of getting a tiger drive, also if your into truggies you just have to add support in one or two spots if you bash like you lost your mind. Otherwise its built pretty sturdy, my friend the only advice I can offer you is the following: GET BOTH!! [&:]
Old 02-16-2005, 05:24 PM
redrider

I have a Mammoth and Revo. I bought the Mammoth over a year ago and I must advise you to steer clear of this. IMO, it is a poorly engineered truck, you'll spend a lot of time and money beefing up the shock towers, center braces, differentials, etc. just so it doesn't break every other outing. It's basically a hodge podge of various other parts (I call it a parts bin special) that makes a rather heavy and ungainly truck. It's fast (50+ mph) but only because of the gearing, you'll need to gear it down to get decent acceleration. In terms of aftermarket support, it's basically ZERO! I bought the Revo a couple months ago, and it has been a night and day difference, not only in design and engineering, but experience as well. My Mammoth has been permanently mothballed since getting the Revo.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:58 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

id either run the MGT or a REVO! i didnt care too much for my mammoth either thus is why it's a shelf queen also.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:35 AM
BigBoyBadToy

Im the guy he works with with the lst and my nest truck is gonna be a mgt, tellin the wife its for her, hehe. I like all the hopups for the mgt as well as its overall design, but that being said I will spank anything he gets with my lst lol
Old 02-17-2005, 02:37 AM
Groundforce-RCU

ORIGINAL: gagt2nv

GROUNDFORCE - is it possible you can get me a pic of the rotostart in your truck? i have been looking at pics online but from every angle i see, it doesnt look like it will even work. thanks again

Mike
I have the truck down the local hobby shop..When I get a chance, ill go down and snap a picture for you
Old 02-17-2005, 03:22 AM
gagt2nv

well i think i am bout ready to get the MGT we'll see though - i want to wait and see groundforces pics of the tigerdrive or whatever it is that's connected to the motor. and as for that bigboybadtoy guy i have no idea who that is. sounds to me like he wants a fight. lol anyways i was thinking about the mgt and its smaller motor compared to the xtm lst spyder. will a sh.28 be a direct drop in for that truck. or are their different motor mounts that would have to be purchased? and bigboybadtoy we will see what that lst can do with no a-arms, and what happens with a .28 sh in a mgt. oughta be pretty damn cool.

Mike
Old 02-17-2005, 12:26 PM
HoldDaMayo
My Feedback: (1)

Sh .28 is a direct drop in, no other mods needed...
Old 02-19-2005, 03:25 AM
Groundforce-RCU

Heres the pic of the roto start on the 24/7
Old 02-19-2005, 11:38 AM
pineywoodsmgt

i've got an mgt and would definatly buy another if i could
you can't beat it for ease of cleaning or repair
everything is in the open,just 4 screws and out comes the radio and servos,4 more screws and you got the motor out
yes just like anything else out there it does have some setbacks but nothing big.
and i can spank lst's all day long with mine
Old 09-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Kory k

i like both trucks. but i would go with the mammoth for performance for just around the neighbor hood playing. but on the track go with the mgt. parts wise if your LHS dosent have the parts no worry. you can find parts online real easy.

Kory