My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Best RTR MT currently made?

What do you think is the best RTR MT on the market? I know everyone has their favorites, and what you intend to use it for matters (race, bash, etc) in deciding what to get, but in general-

What do you think is the highest quality, best all-around RTR MT to date?

Ive have lots of rc toys but have taken some time off and was looking to get a new RTR MT. I was surprised at all the options that are now available in the MT platform now. I want something thats high quality and doesnt need much, if anything- out of the box. In the end I always find certain things I want to upgrade, but hopefully not to many, and not too fast.

What model monster truck is on your current 'wanted' list, and why?
Old 09-19-2005, 08:49 PM
monstatruCkin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Best RTR MT currently made?

there is no real answer to this question, as many people will have different opinions. just search around and youll find what you are lookin for. all the trucks out there have their share of strenghts and weaknesses. the mgt is nice, i have one and its awsome.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:25 PM
DaveG55

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Obviously, you'll get as many opinions as there are MT's.
My personal favorites are the Revo and the LST.
Knowing what I know now, I'd get the Revo first and the LST second. The Revo comes with everything (x-cept fuel and some AA's) that you need to run. It also comes with some things like rechatgeable rx battries, a fast charger and some suspension parts. It's fun, reliable and reasonably fast, will bash and is very popular at the track. The LST is bigger,faster and pretty tough too but you will want to upgrade at least the front A-arms to the RPM ones. It also comes with arguably the best radio of any RTR truck. It too will bash and likes the track and has enough power to be very fun.
Of course any MT will have it's own little problems and quirks and you can upgrade any truck to be better, tougher and faster but those are my two favorites out of the box.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:27 PM
PillowPants

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hands down LST, bt the REVO is a close second.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:38 PM
BigBoyBadToy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have to agree with ham and dave lst way out ahead of everyone else and tailing it pretty close is the revo, which will be my next mt.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:51 PM
monstatruCkin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hey bigboybadtoy, i was reading that you have a spyder. are there any good things about it? i cant decide between that and the savage. what are the spyders main weakneses? are there different weight diff grease available since the stok diffs rnt sealed? is the engine good? hows the suspension? does it have any low end power at all or is it geared for top mostly? it just looks stunning in the pics i see of it.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Doug_Funnie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

you know whats funny, this is like the thousanth "best MT" post in this category[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 09-19-2005, 11:30 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Offroad-theonlyway

you know whats funny, this is like the thousanth "best MT" post in this category[sm=drowning.gif]
Yeah, but hey, thats RCU
Old 09-20-2005, 12:41 AM
victionone

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have owned a Savage, LST and Revo. Revo is the best Monster trucks, period.

Savages are tough, but are a pain to work on. Aluminum diff cups, cam servo saver, and 4 bevel gears are a must. Stock steering servo and radio is complete garbage. K4.6 is plenty powerful. Heavy.

LST is more prone to breaking. I broke arms, steering bellcranks, chassis side braces, tweaked shock towers, engine braces, and CVD pins. But then I bash my trucks, and don't just drive around a dirt field in circles. It does not take nearly half the abuse a Revo and Savage would. Mach 26 is plenty powerful and is a nice engine. The truck is even heavier than a Savage. Has a great radio, and steering servos are strong enough.

Revo is my favorite. Its smaller and lighter, so its less prone to breaking. Throttle linkage setup is garbage because of the return spring, so it needs to be ditched. Engine mount design is crap, but it isn't too bad. Engine is weak, period. Radio is garbage. Steering servos can the turn the wheels easily, but slow.

Plenty of other things i didn't add, but you get the point.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:34 AM
BigBoyBadToy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The only good thing about the monster spider is, oh yeah the correct answer to that question would be nooooo...... and is comes with a sh 26 geared for top end, so it has nothing but burnt clutches out of the hole. the suspension is close to that of a savage but does not work as good. I dont know about diff grease as i only split the cases once, you have to dismantle the entire truck to get at them. work of advise, Get the savage you will be happier, OR you could buy my spider I will sell it to ye cheap, PM me.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:33 PM
cruiserx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hands down the revo!!! the lst is a backseat to the savage..all the revo needs is a slight gear change to 40/14 and it brings the trx2.5r to life..very durable do what ever you want truck...the lst?? way over priced and not very durable in the bashing department..the revo has great out of the box quality and top notch instructions and customer service..2nd to none...best value in nitro trucks.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:05 AM
monst@r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Not RTR:
Mugen MBX-5 ProSpec with MSR Conversion.
Kyosho MP777 SP2 with MSR Conversion.

Expensive, but they'll rock out of the box for racing -- No upgrades needed. You'll spend the same ammount of money upgrading a Revo, LST, etc. for racing compared to just buying the 1/8 buggy and conversion.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:32 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, as was stated before... there are as many opinions as there are trucks on the market... you can find the WORST truck on the market... and it will still have supporters saying it's the BEST truck.... anyways, here's my list in order of MY opinion as to what are the best Monster Trucks... (not stadium trucks or truggies... just MT's)

1. Revo
2. LST
3. Savage
Old 09-22-2005, 12:47 PM
AJ DRAGON

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi

You asked "what is the best RTR MT" just to let you know I own a Savage and it's a great RC but IMO the Revo is the best RTR you can get.