Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, never breaks and easy to maintain (like a savage)
11.84%
Yes, hell ya, but requires some attention
28.95%
no, its a big peice of s***
13.16%
its great truck, not worth 600$ though
30.26%
i dont want to answer this question cause im a p*s*y
1.32%
if you want a cookie, press one of the above, email me for free cookie
3.95%
cookies are awsome if you dont pick this choice
5.26%
im she s***, so im not going to choose this one
0%
hello, dont pick this one unless your a h**
0%
why did i take up all 10 spots? pick this if your a b****
5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Is Losi LST Worth $600+?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 09:26 PM
BugattiFreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Losi LST Worth $600+?

is lost lst woth 600+ bucks? i dont want to waste my cash... does it break a lot, or is it the racing version of a savage... also, is the engine reliable?
Old 09-19-2005, 09:30 PM
PillowPants

Default RE: Is Losi LST Worth $600+?

dude, if this truck costed $700 i'd still have bought it. I love this truck. Hands down, this truck is th best RTR on the market. I know the price tage is a bit of a shocker at 1st, but once you factor in the kick-ass radio, its actually an awesome value. All you need is a set of rpm arms and a secondary gear cover and your set.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:35 PM
BigBoyBadToy

Im pushing the 2000 mark with mine and I still love it. Im soo glad I didnt buy one of the other choices that I had in front of me at my lhs when I got my lst last january. We have had our moments but you wont find another truck that rocks quite like a lst...
Old 09-19-2005, 10:02 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: BigBoyBadToy

Im pushing the 2000 mark with mine and I still love it. Im soo glad I didnt buy one of the other choices that I had in front of me at my lhs when I got my lst last january. We have had our moments but you wont find another truck that rocks quite like a lst...
Wait until you get to meet the Revo crew...
Old 09-19-2005, 10:43 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

I like the LST, but wouldn't trade my Revo for one. A friend of mine just bought one... we had a hard time getting it broken in... wouldn't run... BUT... I think most engines/trucks are a bit difficult on the first start. My RB was a quick start... it started right up... and stayed running. I think the LST is an awesome truck, and I LOVE the radio. I just wouldn't trade my Revo for one.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:56 AM
monst@r

You're basically paying $400 for the truck since the radio system is $200. I would say yes. It's a basher and racer in one, after you buy aluminum diff. cases and RPM arms. Not to mention my LHS had the LST for $480. I was like wth, I might have to buy one to sit next to my Revo.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:08 AM
eye one

I have owned a couple RC's, the LST is my favorite. I don't regret the decision I made after lots of research, it the best RC I have ever owned.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:39 PM
fourwheeler

Answer to your question....yes
Old 09-20-2005, 11:21 PM
cruiserx

it's a little steep..cosidering that when you buy it you'll need to put more money into to make it pretty reliable..it has some weak spots..but they all do..straight out of the box?? the revo is still a much better value..
Old 09-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Tnx_4_life

you(cruiserx) forgot to say in my opinion

anyways...i dont have a LST but i would to have one. Overe her ein europe a LSt would cost 600 euro.... just a rough guess but thats bout 700-750 US dollars but still....i would love to have one...and if id buy it get the RPM gear(armsa and gear cover) and the dif houses...every1 that has an LST recommends them.(i think?)
Old 09-21-2005, 01:07 PM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

The LST! It's worth every penny. IMO
Old 09-21-2005, 06:28 PM
PillowPants

18% say its a POS. HA! probably cuz they got owned by one at the track...
Old 09-21-2005, 09:16 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Yes, it's the best value in R/C. IMO of course.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:38 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy a TNX you'll never regret it
Old 09-21-2005, 10:31 PM
cruiserx

imo...it's a very nice truck..but definitly not the best value in nitro monster trucks..not even close..imo of course..
Old 09-22-2005, 02:42 AM
monst@r

ORIGINAL: Tnx_4_life

anyways...i dont have a LST but i would to have one. Overe her ein europe a LSt would cost 600 euro.... just a rough guess but thats bout 700-750 US dollars but still....i would love to have one...and if id buy it get the RPM gear(armsa and gear cover) and the dif houses...every1 that has an LST recommends them.(i think?)
I see them for $600 here. Somehow my LHS has 'em for $480 -- At first I thought it was a typo, but they said it wasn't.

And out of the LSTs I've seen here -- They just look clunky. There's a guy here whos consistent, but when I was watching him, it just looked slow and flew like a brick. Same with a Mammoth ST I've seen. I'm assuming it's just the size that makes it look like that.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:49 AM
crazychris7

if you want to bash and have the pimpest truck out there, or if you want to race std mt and want something you dont have to mod much on, IMO the LST shines. Everyone raves about the $200 radio, but look at the price.. its a $400 mt (like all the others) with a radio upgrade... whoopee... But its a great, solid truck that can take some abuse. IMO if youre going to race, get a LSP ot the like, if youre gonna bash, get a savage... but the lst is prolly the best of both worlds, just too bad ya cant get it w/o the radio, if you could, id have one right now... cmon losi, make a lst roller!

Chris
Old 09-22-2005, 11:54 AM
ThermalRD

The only thing good i have to say about my LST was it looked cool, and i was fast on the track with it. Other than that, it failed me in every aspect. I had every problem a person could have with a truck. Right down to the damn radio that failed me before i sold the truck. I wish Team Losi would have spent the time correcting the issues before releasing the hordes of hop ups. If somehow i knew the truck was better, i would gladly get another. The price was never really an issue with the truck coming with the nice radio, and servos. Its just the simple fact mine had a Logo that said "satan inside" somewhere on it. Im sure of it...
Old 09-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Tnx_4_life

ORIGINAL: traumahead

ORIGINAL: Tnx_4_life

I see them for $600 here. Somehow my LHS has 'em for $480 -- At first I thought it was a typo, but they said it wasn't.

And out of the LSTs I've seen here -- They just look clunky. There's a guy here whos consistent, but when I was watching him, it just looked slow and flew like a brick. Same with a Mammoth ST I've seen. I'm assuming it's just the size that makes it look like that.
the prices over here at my LHS were(they went out of buisness) unbelievable. They had the TNX for 600 EURO! i bought mine in germany for 460 EURO......

anyways seeing all the reactions over the net my next truck would be a Revo or LST. LST just looks cool...and the revo...well i havent really got enough info to really like it yet. The only thing i know for sure is that u need to get other shock rod ends becoz they will break [&:]
Old 09-22-2005, 06:35 PM
breakin2
My Feedback: (1)

If you don't have a good radio, it's worth it. If you already have a radio you like, it's a bit steep. Sure, you can sell the radio, but the market has become saturated with them and the price isn't what it used to be.

By the way, that may be the lamest poll I've ever seen.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:09 PM
RC RAC3R

ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

Owned at the track? If the truck finished the race at some tracks up here I would be suprised... it breaks a lot of parts... at least what I have seen...

Also, this poll is garbage... why waste 10 spots?
Old 09-23-2005, 02:35 AM
ruffian

ORIGINAL: RC RAC3R

ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

Owned at the track? If the truck finished the race at some tracks up here I would be suprised... it breaks a lot of parts... at least what I have seen...

Also, this poll is garbage... why waste 10 spots?
You're not kidding. You've got to spend at least another $150 on a LST to make it somewhat reliable. I owned one and wanted to like it but it was too much of a money pit.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:04 AM
monst@r

ORIGINAL: ruffian
You're not kidding. You've got to spend at least another $150 on a LST to make it somewhat reliable. I owned one and wanted to like it but it was too much of a money pit.
Many cars are -- Even the Revo if you want to race.

I'd rather blow a lot of money at one time, then having to spend the money later on making my truck reliable. I've had one too many problems with my Revo, especially while racing. No doubt it's a good racer, but just looking for something more reliable and more performance.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Buzzbait

I just don't see the sense in it. It's way overpriced for a basher, just because of the radio. I'm happy bashing with my crappy stock HPI and Traxxas radios. And having too add durability enhancements on top of the initial price? I'd rather bash with the newer Savage 25, which has the 4 bevel diff mod and cam type servo saver.

And if you want to race, you might as well get a truggy and actually win some races.

It seems like the LST is good at everything, but the master of none. I'd rather have a master.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:17 PM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: Buzzbait

And if you want to race, you might as well get a truggy and actually win some races.

What if you want to race a 1/8 scale monster truck, what do you do then??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.