Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 09:28 PM
proudamerican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kits

I believe that building your truck from the start is the best way to get to know it. So why dont more companys sell kit versians of there popular trucks. If Traxxas started making Revo and T-MAXX kits i would buy one. But for now i will stick to Savages simply because they are offered as kits.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:40 PM
RCtruckRacer

Default RE: Kits

Why? Because far more RTR's are sold as opposed to kits. I'm with you, I prefer a kit, but what can you do? Hopefully more companies will offer their RTR's as kits, but until then...
Old 09-30-2005, 09:41 PM
proudamerican

Besides a Savage wat are other mt kits.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:53 PM
ThermalRD

Kyosho Giga crusher!
Old 09-30-2005, 09:55 PM
proudamerican

Not really a fan of Kyosho after myy rc boat was a real let down
Old 09-30-2005, 10:22 PM
RCtruckRacer

LOL! What do you do when your boat loses battery power or runs out of fuel?? Swim??? I always wondered about that!!! Never wanted a boat myself...

Kyosho makes some pretty good stuff. 777, inferno, mini inferno, Giga C, the micro's... all are good. Don't discount them because of one bad experience!

'Course my favorite kit is the Thunder Tiger EB4 S3. DAMN nice 1/8th scale buggy!
Old 10-01-2005, 01:02 AM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

I've built a couple of Kyosho kits and really liked them. However, parts prices are outrageous compared to, say, Traxxas. Now that Tower/Hobbico has ditched Kyosho, parts availability is gonna get worse.

You can forget about Traxxas offering kits. They used to offer kit versions of their cars. I built an electric Rustler kit. These days, they are an all RTR.

My money is on the up-an-coming Thunder Tiger truggie based on the EB4-S3.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:42 AM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: lstRacerX

LOL! What do you do when your boat loses battery power or runs out of fuel?? Swim??? I always wondered about that!!! Never wanted a boat myself...

Kyosho makes some pretty good stuff. 777, inferno, mini inferno, Giga C, the micro's... all are good. Don't discount them because of one bad experience!

'Course my favorite kit is the Thunder Tiger EB4 S3. DAMN nice 1/8th scale buggy!
Swimming is an option, row boat, canoe, inflatables are others. I have a fishing pole with a tennis ball tied to the end that I can throw out and usually drop a line over the boat and reel it in. I also use a PWC and a 1:1 boat for retrival when I'm on the big lake.

Boats are a lot of fun to play with too. I particularly enjoy the tunnell hull style with an outboard engine but some of the mono hulls are cool too. They can be very fast too. There is video of an outrigger style boat being radared at over 119mph. There are lots and lots of kits to build boats. You can even get just plans and buy all of your materials and build one from scratch. They can also get to be quite large. I've seen rc boats that are 7 & 8 feet long.

I've always enjoyed building kits but it seems like, at least in MT's, the industry is trying to satisfy our general lazieness. The I want it and I want it now syndrome. On the brighter side, the more people that are in the hobby, the more vehicles they will sell. Hopefully a higher sales volume will translate to lower prices.
Well, we can hope right???