Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

First Monster Truck race at Dirt Burners!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

First Monster Truck race at Dirt Burners!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 06:14 PM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Monster Truck race at Dirt Burners!!!

Well the first race has come n' gone. Wow what a day! First thing i gotta say is, damn was it cool to watch Travis Amezcua do the Quad with Allen Hornes 8th scale. Man, that was wild. There were a few big names at DB's this weekend, and it made it quite a show. Anyway, on to our MT race discussion. The day seemed pretty whacked for everyone. Except for Binary. He was qualifying great all day. And had the TQ for the main. During our main my friggin Hitec 925 throttle servo failed yet again, and for its final time. Im done with it. I dont know why, but this last repair lasted maybe 2 days at DB's. Anyway, that left me running my TNX Pro. I literally fueled it, fired it, and threw it on the track without checking tune, or warming up. Jake and I battled for a while, then Jake pulled away from me, and put about half a lap on me. As i was reeling him in, we came on some dead traffic. Some guy had an LST there that was forever "in the way". Jake got away clean, and i hammered him (the LST). Ugh... So there i was again playing the catch up game. Binary was slowed repeatedly by traffic, and i started to move in. We battled back and forth, trading hits with a few vehicles that were forever dead on the track. Finally Binarys luck went south. Someone slammed him, and it was one hit too many apparently. I believe he mentioned snapping the steering arm on the Revo. Ugh... He was having a great race day too. At that point i had 1st easy, but had no idea how close anybody was to taking my spot. So i kept hammering away. The race director finally called out my name in the lead, with a 3 lap lead. With the field clearing up from broken trucks, i was only getting faster. I ended up putting nearly 6 laps on the field. A great turnaround from the luck i had today thru qualifying. For some reason my OS was just not lovin me today, nor was the Hitec servo... I will say one thing for sure. I was glad to see that even the pros make mistakes. I somehow expected flawless driving. It was refreshing to see that they too make their fumbles.

And for the record, was I, or any MT guy crying about a 30 minute buggy main? Jason (420) came and asked me that before his race. He said John claimed the MT guys were crying about a 30 minute buggy main. I think he was implying that it was me. For the record, i was NEVER asked about the buggy main, nor should i have been. I dont race buggy, and havent in many years. The only main i had an opinion on was our MT main.

Anyway, that was our day. Elite, you ran goooood. No problems hangin on the track at all. And for once it was a great change to see the Monster Truck class BIGGER than the others. Lets hope this trend grows for the points series.

Oh and Binary, and Elite... Check this out... Look how close i was to being OUT of that main. This rod end is FINISHED!!!!

Oh and i almost forgot! Another great conversationg piece! How about Brians Vantage CF chassis snapping, damaging a battery, and CATCHING FIRE ON THE TRACK!!!!??? You dont often hear "FIRE IN THE CORNER" from the race director.

Old 10-02-2005, 08:57 PM
NotMe

Default RE: First Monster Truck race at Dirt Burners!!!

Geez! Catch any video or pics of the fire?! I haven't seen a fire at a track unless it was on purpose!

NotMe
Old 10-02-2005, 09:15 PM
ThermalRD

Nope, no pics. They ran ALL the MT's together during qualifying, so pretty much nobody was able to watch it. We were all busy driving. Was kinda funny to hear that though. Although im sure the owners not happy about a 100 dollar CF chassis snapping, and causing his revo to burn up. Im not sure of the extent of the damage, but i know i would be kinda mad. Vantage would be hearing from me for sure.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:03 PM
binaryterror

I had a great qualifying day, took the TQ...first time ever.

Matt is a good racer, we battled hard, traffic management (or luck of the right line) was gonna be the winner...until some Truggy decided he could slam into my revo to use any line he wanted. He was 2 laps down and yet couldn't understand, let the faster driver by.

I'm gonna stop whining, I'll be happy they seperate classes, run the Revo and the Mammy ST...that should be fun...

I also want to point out DB's and Ed need to decide rules ASAP. For points I prefer not letting a truggy run with the MT guys, unless it happens for ALL races that way.