Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Tamiya TNX

Old 10-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Dil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya TNX

man i must say the tamiya tnx is the best truck out there with the best price, and its got the best engine i ever tuned, tons of power no stalling, there was nothing much of tuning anyway, all i did was adjusted the high speed since everything else is factory done, its damm gud, the only thing i added were the bigger tires which are the savage size ones and a 44 tooth spur gear since its required with the bigger tires, its an awsome truck, it's quite simple as well thats what i like about it, the chasis is spaced out well and everything is just fine, easy maintenance its all good,i would recommend it to anyone looking for a good reliable truck, and the price is the big deal here cos it only costs around 400$ with all the big tires and stuff at towerhobbies, its damm worth& bloody gud
Old 10-09-2005, 10:57 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Tamiya TNX

Thanks. I am looking at maybe getting another MT. I am considering the TNX and the 4.6 MGT. The 4.6 MGT looks nice and powerful, but the TNX looks a little "racier" and thats kinda what i am looking for in my next MT. Did you see this TNX at tower? it does'nt look like it's worth the extra money. What do you guys think?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKBG9&P=ML -455$

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFNT6&P=ML -350$
Old 10-10-2005, 12:30 AM
maxx power
My Feedback: (1)

personally I think the extra cash for the TNX pro is well worth it. You get an extra set of tires and wheels (good for racing), a way better cooling head than the one the comes on the regular TNX, and last but not least the proline shocks that are a huge step up from the stock shocks that the regular TNX comes with. You get the regular shocks with the pro edition as well but there not very good.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:08 AM
ThermalRD

Order from Ultimate at 419 for the pro.
[link=http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p687.html]Ultimate Hobbies[/link]
Old 10-10-2005, 08:09 AM
Tnx_4_life

u actually get ur TNX assembled normally, but u get proline tires and wheels, proline shocks and the cooling head with the TNX(i think the cooling head is mounted tho). so u get the stock car with the extras
Old 10-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

For a long while now I haven't been a big fan of Tamiya, but the TNX Pro is helping to change that. If I don't already have more RC trucks than I have time to play with, I just might get the TNX Pro. My only wish:

1. Instead of RTR, make the Pro version an ARR without radio & servo. No self-respecting racer is going to us the stock AM gear and standard servos.
2. The .18 is the right engine for small-block MT racers, but a big block would be great for bashers. With everybody going .25 and .28, it's kinda hard to be taken seriously with an .18. Traxxas can get away with it because of their dominance in the marketplace; not sure if Tamiya can.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:11 AM
Dil

well the engine in the tnx is damm gud compared to the traxxas trx 2.5, i beat a revo big time in some drags at a parking lot, and its soo damm easy to tune, i dont see much of a prob with it, considering the recent victories @ monster madness tamiya had made with the truck in the big block & the small block classes with the same engine,
Old 10-12-2005, 06:27 AM
CHAVAN30
My Feedback: (2)

mine is just broken in.
you are right on the engine.
easy to tune.
i am outting a pipe on it tonight.
it is good to be just as fast as the revos.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48670.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	337980