whatsthatnoise

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default new truck

i read the post on the savage vs. revo... but are they really comparable? isnt the revo 1/10 and the savage 1/8? or am i wrong? anyhow... my choices are not so narrowed down. i basically want something fun that can do a little of everything. i want a good basher, but not too heavy or slow that it cant clear the big jumps or sets at the track, so i need something quick out of the box as well... i also want something durable so i dont have to replace stuff every time i crash. im currently in between the savage, mgt, lst, and lightning gt, all of your opinions would be of great help. thanx.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:30 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: new truck

Try-
Attached Images  
Old 10-17-2005, 12:08 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

For a good basher/racer... out of the ones you stated, I'd go with the LST. The Savage is not the best-built racer, although it's a great basher. The MGT is pretty good, but due to it's slower nature... I would say it's not a great racer. I don't know a lot about the Lightning GT, however I'm pretty sure it's a truggy, right? Well, if so... truggies make GREAT racers, but they're not really built well for bashing. The LST makes a great basher and racer... (just ask 2DMaxLST) AND... yes, you are correct, the Revo is technically in a different class than the rest, however being that there are too few 1/10th MT's and they're pretty close in performance/size stats, most just lump 'em in with the 1/8 class... The Revo IMO makes a great... whatever you want.. basher/racer... racer only... and basher only. I have mainly used mine for bashing and I love it. I have seen people that use their Revos strictly for racing, and that's cool too. I don't really like to race, however I have raced my Revo and did fairly well.. (if I was a better driver, I would have definitely done better) For your application, MY recommendation would be LST or Revo... Revo being my first choice, obviously.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:20 AM
maxx power

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hmmm, it seems you have narrowed it down to one truck by your description, the TNX. By far the best truck for what you want it to do. The TNX is bigger than the savage, faster than the mgt and as fast as the savage 4.6, lighter than just about anything out there,especially for its size, as durable as the savage if not more so and definately more durable than the LST out of the box. Personally I think the TNX would be your best choice, if your against that then i would probably say the revo though it is smaller than the TNX and arguably not as durable.
ORIGINAL: ineedanewtruck

i read the post on the savage vs. revo... but are they really comparable? isnt the revo 1/10 and the savage 1/8? or am i wrong? anyhow... my choices are not so narrowed down. i basically want something fun that can do a little of everything. i want a good basher, but not too heavy or slow that it cant clear the big jumps or sets at the track, so i need something quick out of the box as well... i also want something durable so i dont have to replace stuff every time i crash. im currently in between the savage, mgt, lst, and lightning gt, all of your opinions would be of great help. thanx.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:14 AM
badxlt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the revo sucks for bashing i think it way under powerd the lst has the best bang for buck but you will have to put some money in to it to make it a little more stroung but the power makes it all worth it and the radio is great the best rtr radio out there so if you go to race your set.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:26 AM
RenegadeRevo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: badxlt

the revo sucks for bashing i think it way under powerd
Really? Have you actually bashed a Revo? I have... and I have MANY friends that bash 'em... what makes them "suck" for bashing? I seem to like how well my Revo bashes...

[link=http://www.renegaderevo.com/Videos/RenegadeRevo.wmv]One of my latest Revo "Bashing" videos.. [/link]

and... if you're talking "Underpowered"

[link=http://www.renegaderevo.com/Videos/Jump!.wmv]Here is my "UNDERPOWERED" 2.5r Revo jumping... [/link]
I guess I couldn't have enough fun... since it's underpowered... and doesn't bash well...
However, I DO agree with the LST being a GREAT truck for both racing and bashing.

The only downside to the TNX is a lot of places don't support 'em... I know my LHS doesn't.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:49 AM
badxlt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yes i have i owned one from febuary and i just parted ways with it a month or two a ago i put a picco 26 in it and it ways two much i was aloway plowing diff so i got a buggy and was going to make a truggy but now i mit just buy a new one.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:12 PM
RenegadeRevo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: badxlt

yes i have i owned one from febuary and i just parted ways with it a month or two a ago i put a picco 26 in it and it ways two much i was aloway plowing diff so i got a buggy and was going to make a truggy but now i mit just buy a new one.
Hmmm... I've had mine since November... and it's been a great basher. I've had a TM323 on it for a while now... I've burnt up one diff... and that was replaced by traxxas.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:13 PM
whatsthatnoise

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

is the new mgt 4.6 slower also?
Old 10-17-2005, 07:26 PM
beeradd

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

mayhem st all the way. it will smoke all those trucks and out handle them all also. i can crash mine over and over and it keeps on truggin!
Old 10-17-2005, 07:49 PM
RenegadeRevo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ineedanewtruck

is the new mgt 4.6 slower also?
I would think not... but I haven't seen one... of course with that .21 the MGT should be able to do over 32... *shrug* I would think a .28 would do wonders...
Old 10-18-2005, 01:14 AM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This is what sublime was trying to say...

Old 10-18-2005, 12:30 PM
BigBadBuzz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I currently own a tricked out Savage and a Revo both are great trucks. The Revo out of the box is a better racer and a good basher. Just the opposite for the Savage only it being a poor racer and an awesome basher. I highly recommend either of these trucks. But I would stay as far away from the LST as possible. I named mine the LS-Tmaxx because every time I drove it something broke. The a-arms broke during brake-in driving off a curb. Good luck on your decision.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:24 PM
cman9toes

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just a random observation Revofamily, you have the same outfit in both videos, did you plan that or have a "bashing outfit" that you wear. J/K
Old 10-19-2005, 03:27 PM
RenegadeRevo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

LOL... didn't notice that... it does happen to be my favorite shirt. However, I think I'm wearing different shorts... (the ones in the jump video are light khaki, and the ones in the newest one are like a more yellow-khaki... the light khakis got ripped up... so I can't wear 'em anymore.)
Old 10-19-2005, 03:45 PM
cman9toes

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm the same way. I wore the same outfit to a family reunion two years in a row. Didn't know it till I was looking at a photo alblum from the previous year.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:23 PM
A.B.U

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

OK!!! Get the LST!! I got mine today, and this thing is MASSIVE!!! [X(]

I have LST017928
Old 10-19-2005, 05:48 PM