Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Please help me outt with a question bout monster trucks!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Please help me outt with a question bout monster trucks!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 05:44 PM
franomania

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me outt with a question bout monster trucks!!!!!

Hey everyone. Im new to r/c racing but i want to get a monster truck very badly. I've seen the Revo and it blew me away. I wanted to know...which is better the Revo or the Savage. I dont want to spend more than 550 bucks. I would appreciate it if it was a straight answer and a reason so this topic does not turn into some other discussion!!!! I want to both race and bash around. And which one is faster??

Thanks if you could answer all of these!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 05:47 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

Default RE: Please help me outt with a question bout monster trucks!!!!!

Of the 2, I'd say go with the Revo!
Old 10-17-2005, 05:56 PM
GTdirtracer

revo for racing and bashing but i have had a savage to and i dropped it off my second story and im not shure if it even bottomed out crazy durrable but i would still go with the
revo
Old 10-17-2005, 06:17 PM
franomania

Because i heard that the Revo was cheaply built and people had a bunch of problems with it....Also which one is faster?
Old 10-17-2005, 06:28 PM
pdq 5oh

ORIGINAL: franomania

Because i heard that the Revo was cheaply built and people had a bunch of problems with it....Also which one is faster?
Don't know where you heard that, but I bet it was from people getting smoked in MT classes by Revos. They pretty much dominate the MT class where I race. LSTs, Savages, and others all show up. Generally the Revos break much less than the others. The Revo is definitely not cheaply made.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:33 PM
franomania

Because i was looking on some of the discussions in this forum and people were saying that the driveshafts were plastic and the control arms were plastic that they broke easily[&:]which is why i was confused. Also what about the savage 4.6 with the three gears? That is definetly faster than the revo?????
Old 10-17-2005, 07:36 PM
-Fast-Eddie
My Feedback: (2)

Revo in my oninon is the best,, i have had mine for a year and have never broke 1 part on it. It is very fast,, much more responsive on steering , and rides a lot nicer then the other MT's. Racing wise they own all,, everyone in the top 5-10 at the tracks i run at are all revos most of the time.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:54 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

This is true:

ORIGINAL: franomania

Because i was looking on some of the discussions in this forum and people were saying that the driveshafts were plastic and the control arms were plastic [&:]

However, in my experience... this is not...
that they broke easily
The Revo is a great truck... very strong and durable. If you haven't noticed... although sometimes plastic breaks, it's pretty durable... it has to do with flexing on contact... instead of bending... like metal does. I have had my Revo for almost a year... and have bashed it pretty tough... I have NEVER broke a driveshaft... I have snapped a few A-arms, however 2 of 'em were from running straight into immovable objects at high speeds.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:01 PM
franomania

Thanks guys. But how about the savage 4.6 with the three speed? Is that better than a stock Revo?
Old 10-17-2005, 08:21 PM
pdq 5oh

I suspect most broken parts are due to driver error. Landing off jumps at WOT. That breaks parts on any truck. Running into immoveable objects at WOT will break things on any truck. Etc, etc. Granted some trucks are more durable than others but, the Revos where I race hold up better than the competition. The Savage with 3 spd may have more top end, but you still need to slow down, go around corners, go over jumps, cross ruts, dodge other trucks. The Revo definitely handles these things better, IMO.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:12 AM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

Hey everyone. Im new to r/c racing but i want to get a monster truck very badly. I've seen the Revo and it blew me away. I wanted to know...which is better the Revo or the Savage. I dont want to spend more than 550 bucks. I would appreciate it if it was a straight answer and a reason so this topic does not turn into some other discussion!!!! I want to both race and bash around. And which one is faster??

Thanks if you could answer all of these!!!
Umm here ya go

Old 10-18-2005, 07:11 AM
gerwen

Savage and Revo are both great trucks. Revo leans toward racing and is better suited to it. Savage leans toward bashing and is better suited to it. Savage 4.6 with a 3-speed *may* outrun a Revo in a drag race, but on the track a Revo will outhandle a Savage. You can turn the savage into a racer that may hang with the revos, but you sacrifice some of its bashing ability.

On the other hand, the Savage has a rep for being the toughest basher around. Not many argue with that. I've beaten mine hard and never broken a thing. I've seen some revos in action, and they're tough too. (I had a revo t-bone me at high speed at the end of the long straight at my track. One of those collisions that makes everyone who sees it wince. No damage to either truck.) From most accounts though, Savage still has the edge on the revo in durabilty.

Neither truck is a mistake. Get what you like best.