mb7387

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Mayhem ST - owners

I have had my ST for 3 weeks now. I love the truck. It is too fast for it's own good. What are the temps you guys are running at? I've got the small insert in the carb and I'm running around 240-260 degrees on good hard runs. I've also got my engine tuned at around 4 turns (high speed needle). I haven't touched the low speed. I'm also getting 6-7 minutes per tank of fuel which seems a little low. I'm a newbie though. Any other owners got any feedback, suggestions, ideas or thoughts on the Mayhem ST.

Mike-b
Old 10-20-2005, 12:01 AM
SublimeJason

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Mayhem ST - owners

ORIGINAL: mb7387

I have had my ST for 3 weeks now. I love the truck. It is too fast for it's own good. What are the temps you guys are running at? I've got the small insert in the carb and I'm running around 240-260 degrees on good hard runs. I've also got my engine tuned at around 4 turns (high speed needle). I haven't touched the low speed. I'm also getting 6-7 minutes per tank of fuel which seems a little low. I'm a newbie though. Any other owners got any feedback, suggestions, ideas or thoughts on the Mayhem ST.

Mike-b
I have the Mach 26 in my LST, I think its the Same as the Sportwerks 26,
I run at around 220 to 240 on 30% Nitro 10% oil (sidewinder Pro Race Blend) and OS#8 Plug, I'm not sure on how big your Tank is but I get at least 10 mins of run time from a tank of fuel.So all in all it seems your Running alright...
Old 10-20-2005, 09:49 AM
mb7387

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It seems to be blowing fuel a tad. I have a 125cc fuel tank. I'm getting good smoke but still have tiny little droplets of fuel out the exhaust. I'm only running a 20% fuel.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:29 AM
imdjenk

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have that motor in my Storm Pro SUT and I run it around 220 degrees. I run os3's with o'donnel 20%. If you never touched the low speed needle, I would suspect that you are running a bit too rich. If you let it idle too long, see if it bogs when you blip the throttle, then you have room to lean out thte low side.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:23 AM
mb7387

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes, it definitely bogs on the low end. Not just after idling but pretty much all the time. I'll try some small adjustments and see what happens. Thanks for the reply.

Mike-b
Old 10-20-2005, 06:41 PM
J_Bone
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SublimeJason

ORIGINAL: mb7387

Mike-b
I have the Mach 26 in my LST, I think its the Same as the Sportwerks 26,
I run at around 220 to 240 on 30% Nitro 10% oil (sidewinder Pro Race Blend) and OS#8 Plug, I'm not sure on how big your Tank is but I get at least 10 mins of run time from a tank of fuel.So all in all it seems your Running alright...
The Mach is close to the Sportwerks .26. But the internal's are different and carb. The Sportwerks is more of a performance engine than the Mach.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:46 AM
beeradd

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i run trinity 20% w/ 12% oil. mc coy 59 plug and i run the big restrictor and i run between 250-290. a little hot for my taste but if i rich it up anymore it does not run right. bogs and spits a lot of oil. lets keep this thread going i would like to figure out the temps on that motor also.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Making2MuchMoney

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

no matter what engine fuel or car your using about 220-260 is prime