Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MGT 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 02:36 PM
dalenott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT 4.6

Got my mgt 4.6 yestarday. Paid 390 + tax so it came out to be 415.35. Just wondering what other people are paying for the same truck either online or from your lhs.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Dhamal

Default RE: MGT 4.6

I saw a Savage truck on fleabay for $369 +15 for delivery.. so it's almost about the same.. sorry for the mistake..[:@]
Old 11-01-2005, 11:42 PM
dalenott

Well I came home from work today with my glow starter charging for almost 2 days now and my truck wont fire so i can break it in. If it wont fire tomarrow after work Its going back. Anyone have any clues what the problem could be for a brand new truck out of the box?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:05 PM
fourwheeler

Have you checked the glow plug? Sometimes the glow plugs are bad from the start. And I suppose you are sure it is geting fuel?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:23 PM
dalenott

Just got home from work. Im getting ready to check the glow plug and Im positive it is getting fuel. Thanks for the input!
Old 11-02-2005, 05:24 PM
dalenott

Glow plug fixed it. I ran two tanks today. Hopefully I will get to finish breaking it in tomarrow.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:30 PM
fourwheeler

I can't wait to hear your report. I am interested in your thoughts on the new 4.6 engine.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:14 PM
dalenott

I still have one more break in tank to run before tuning. My father is having a new house built next to my grandmothers. 8 acres and alot of dirt and ruts like any construction site. Thats going to be the first bashing tomarrow. Then saturday im going to my aunts with 16 acres and alot of shale rock cliffs and hills. Plan on the review saturday night. My first thoughts are how easy it is to start and how well the instructions are written. Would be a great first truck for anyone IMO.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:14 PM
dalenott

After my first day of bashing I am very impressed with the truck. My father is having a house built so I got to play on many large mounds of dirt. It climbs very well and absolutely loves the rough terrain. I had the truck on its top many times today and nothing broke because of this. There wasn't any landings of anything more than 3 or 4 feet but I feel the truck took a good beating. While ramping it had many nosedives and the plastic front bumper had no problems taking it. The only problem I had today was My brother pulled the pull string out because of inexperience. It's a great truck and I cant wait to beat on it some more.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:10 AM
Greaper

Before you bought the MGT, did you own any other MT? What other's were you considering before getting the MGT and why did you choose the MGT?

I am on the verge of buying my first, and I have settled on the MGT.

G[8D]
Old 11-05-2005, 10:18 PM
dalenott

My first truck was an old T-maxx with the .15. My second was a T-maxx 2.5. I was debating on the savage ss 4.6. The reason i chose this over the savage was its size and I was told that it is equal if not more durable than the savage. Its got great power and would be a great first truck for you. I got my mgt 4.6 for the same price as my lhs had the old version. Make sure you get the 4.6 if you buy one.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:29 PM
[email protected]

hey guys or gals, this is my first time so bear with me. i just bought a mgt 4.6 and broke it in a few days ago and already broke a few small parts(frt left bumper and front left body mount post). was about $12 at the hobby store. this is my first monster truck and i love it. i did about 2 months of resurch before i made my decision to buy the mgt 4.6. (looked at savage,losi LST,HPI and some others) the LST would have been my first choice, but i most likely will not go race at any tracks and didn't need the nice radio, nor did i feel like spending $200 more than any other monster truck. so i got the next best thing in my opinion. the mgt 4.6 is fast, handles good for such a big truck and looks good, also it is way easier to work on then the savage, and every hobby store i went to said they had a mgt of there own and they also had other trucks and liked it the best all around.