Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

floating monster

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 03:33 PM
maxxfreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default floating monster

is there anyway you could make a savage able to float?i seen a cloddbuster vid awhile back where the guy drove it into a huge puddle and it was out there for quite awhile.then he drove it out and off it went.then he did it again.so i was thinking,im going to waterproof my electrics for when i go play in the snow,so maybe i should fiqure out a way to make it float,cuz i got huge puddles where i run the truck.any ideas?
Old 11-07-2005, 04:38 PM
TRX2.5Revo

Default RE: floating monster

Jumbo kong tires
Old 11-07-2005, 04:47 PM
maxxfreak

how long have kong tires been around?this vid was at least 5 yrs ago when i saw it.and the tires didnt seem so big as the kongs.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:48 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

I believe the clod that was floating had the tires sealed and filled with air. Not sure how he did it, but if it were me i'd goto the local autoparts store. I dont know the exact name but they should sell a can of this black rubber glue that is meant for sealing the bead of full size auto tires. The glue is black, i'm not talking about that green slime stuff, it's called bead sealer i think. I'd also get a set of four tire valves. You'll need to find tire valves that will fit inside the clod rims, and still let you put air in them.
Then i'd drill the proper sized hole in the rim, put the valve in, throw the tires back on and seal it with the bead sealer. After the bead sealer glue drys i'd fill them with air (not too much they might pop!) and see how it floats! I'd assume you'll need some wide large tires such as clod tires, i doubt the stock tmaxx tires will hold enough air to float the weight of that truck.

Come to think of it, you never know, with stock clod tires all sealed up it might float, you might not need to put valves on them.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:49 PM
TRX2.5Revo

I dont know how long they have been around. But i have seen a video of a savage driving through a lake with the jumbo kongs.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:42 PM
maxxfreak

got the video?or a link to it?so i guess jumbo kongs are a requirement.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:52 PM
lloydy

duels would do, or if you lost "enough" weight it could be done on most large scale RC tyres.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:21 PM
maxxfreak

i am waiting to get in touch with striker to orderhis ski and duel tire adapter for the truck.i think i'll also pick up another adapter set for the front.duel kongs anyone?
Old 11-08-2005, 05:00 PM
tashspop
My Feedback: (1)

find a way to make some pontunes(sp?) and mount on the bottom side of the truck.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:59 PM
maxxfreak

now theres an idea!maybe put the pontoons on out riggers so it would add stability also.now the wheels are turnin.........