Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Mayhem ST Shock Towers

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 09:20 AM
mb7387

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mayhem ST Shock Towers

I'm trying to guage some interest on getting some shock towers cut for the Mayhem ST. The stock ones easily are bent (rear esp.) and I'm looking at getting some carbon fiber and cutting some out. I need to know if anyone else is interested in purchasing them. I'm just trying to make up the cost for the carbon fiber and paying a guy I work with to cut them out. I figure it's going to cost around $20 for each tower. Let me know.

Mike-b
Old 12-01-2005, 11:16 PM
beeradd

Default RE: Mayhem ST Shock Towers

i'm interested! let me know!
Old 12-01-2005, 11:53 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

why not just get on ebay, and buy some 5mm aluminum ones for like 25 bux each?
Old 12-02-2005, 07:13 AM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Just got both of my 5 Millies on last night, 57 bucks shipped to my front door. But the carbon fibre sounds nice, I may want a set if they are economical enough.

PS- I never bent a stock shock tower, it's just everyone told me I was gonna sooner or later.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:54 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

I bent my Mayhem(buggy)'s rear shock tower
Old 12-02-2005, 09:56 AM
mb7387

Sorry for not replying all. I just now got the notice that there was a reply to the original post. Update on the shock towers. I ended up getting a couple of carbon fibers cut and had mixed results. The rear one has already been broken. The front one has held up nicely. There's just too many holes (i removed all but 2 shock placements) in them for the carbon to remain strong. I'll post a couple of pics. I also had some 7075 t6 shock towers cut. They are much better but I ended up bending rear chassis stiffner instead of the shock tower. If my truck lands on the tail gate, something is getting bent. Keep in touch everyone, doesn't seem like there are to many Mayhem ST owners out there to bounce ideas off of.

Mike-b
michael.brown(at)mchsi.com
Old 12-02-2005, 02:55 PM
revo=fast

IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SOME UP GRADED ALUMINUM SHOCK TOWERS. BUT CAN ONLY FIND THEM FOR THE BUGGY. BTW. I CUSTOM MADE SOME 23 MM FOR MY MAYHEM. SO NOW IM RUNNING WIDE OFF-SET MAXX DISH WHEESL AND MAXX CRIMEFIGHTERS.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:45 AM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Yes, not many of us have Mayhem ST's and thats to bad, they are a great truck!!! I have not bent anything or broke anything really, I just have to getit dialed in so I can finish my main with it. Something always happens....Pillow ball comes loose, pivot ball flops off.....always something simple......I am just about done dialing it in right now and I think tomorrow is the first day that it is going to finish a race

I love mine!!! Can't beat the deal....Spektrum and Mayhem ST RTR for 500 bucks? "I'll take one!!"