9.52%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

What is the best RTR

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 03:31 AM
SUNA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best RTR

...after doing my homework...I would say the LST2. Best radio for any RTR. Took the 2005 Truck of the Year (original LST) and added a bunch of upgrades...including a completely redone engine. It's also the most expensive...but look at what you're getting compared to other RTR's.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:32 AM
revo=fast

Default RE: What is the best RTR

stricly RTR!!! THE LST2, but after that ,all revo. it just won the top three spots in the rc pro champion.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:29 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

I'd have to say the LST2, Its $599 most places, (So Its the Same Price as the LST when it came out)
http://www.killerhobbies.com/Browse_...dio_-_LOSB0015
Old 11-19-2005, 08:26 PM
TRX2.5Revo

How do you guys know that the LST2 is the best? it isnt evan out yet is it?[sm=confused.gif]
Old 11-19-2005, 08:34 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Best radio for a RTR??? Does it come with a Spektrum like the Sportwerks Mayhem ST does???
ORIGINAL: SUNA

...after doing my homework...I would say the LST2. Best radio for any RTR. Took the 2005 Truck of the Year (original LST) and added a bunch of upgrades...including a completely redone engine. It's also the most expensive...but look at what you're getting compared to other RTR's.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:37 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

ORIGINAL: TRX2.5Revo

How do you guys know that the LST2 is the best? it isnt evan out yet is it?[sm=confused.gif]
Because its The same as the LST But With The Up-Grades already on the Truck for the Same Price,
So Its Safe to say it should be a Great truck!
Old 11-19-2005, 08:39 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

ORIGINAL: DodamissC

Best radio for a RTR??? Does it come with a Spektrum like the Sportwerks Mayhem ST does???

The Mayhem ST is a Truggy..
But ya I gess thats a Better Radio for a RTR
Old 11-19-2005, 08:41 PM
FE_Chris

Hey the topic says RTR not MT or truggy or 1/8 scale.....
ORIGINAL: SublimeJason

The Mayhem ST is a Truggy..
Old 11-19-2005, 08:43 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

Ithink I just wrote that?
Old 11-19-2005, 08:56 PM
TRX2.5Revo

Because its The same as the LST But With The Up-Grades already on the Truck for the Same Price,
So Its Safe to say it should be a Great truck!
OOO, i didnt know it was pretty much the same thing but with a few upgrades. i thought it was a little different

Anyone hear anything about the mach 427 yet?
Old 11-20-2005, 02:31 AM
SUNA

Hey the topic says RTR not MT or truggy or 1/8 scale.....
Ya...but I did post this in the Monster Truck forum! MT RTR's.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:32 AM
SUNA

I spoke with Tobi(sp?) at Team Losi and he told me that it is a completely re-made .26. They have ported it completely different, new crankcase, new crankshaft, new rods, new piston and sleeve, and a new head. It's carbed different too. It's completely redone to make it flow better. He said it is a lot more powerful than the M26. Almost comparable to the M28.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:33 AM
SublimeJason
Banned

I spoke with Tobi(sp?) at Team Losi and he told me that it is a completely re-made .26. They have ported it completely different, new crankcase, new crankshaft, new rods, new piston and sleeve, and a new head. It's carbed different too. It's completely redone to make it flow better. He said it is a lot more powerful than the M26. Almost comparable to the M28.
I'm Still running a Mach 26 in my LST and if the 427 has More power than it, It Should make a Great Engine!
I just got the Mach28 on Friday but won't be doing Break-in untill the 26 Dies...
Old 11-20-2005, 04:32 PM
CR500rider

The Mayhem ST come with a JR XR2i radio, not a Spektrum....although that would be hella cool if it did![8D]
Old 11-20-2005, 05:31 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

ORIGINAL: CR500rider

The Mayhem ST come with a JR XR2i radio, not a Spektrum....although that would be hella cool if it did![8D]
He's right it dose come with Spektrum,
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...ProdID=SWK1211
Old 11-20-2005, 06:31 PM
bigmike882

the lst2 doesnt look as big as the first lst. It looks mroe like a truggy. IS that just because of the retarted body on it, or is it more of a powerful truggy.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:15 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

ORIGINAL: bigmike882

the lst2 doesnt look as big as the first lst. It looks mroe like a truggy. IS that just because of the retarted body on it, or is it more of a powerful truggy.
Same Chassie, More than Less its the Same Truck as the LST ( with Hop-Ups and Stronger Parts)Still an MT,
I agree That Body is kind of Ugly...
Maybe it would Look Better with a Good Paint Job?
Old 11-20-2005, 10:09 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed by the body... don't like it near as much as the original LST... however for $30 or so... that can be taken care of.

BTW... I voted for the Revo... who'da thunk it?
Old 11-20-2005, 11:01 PM
FE_Chris

If I had to pick a basher right now and I was not new to RC....I would by all means get the CEN Genesis LE. It's Big, Tough, Powerful, Has reverse, 3 speed tranny with all metal gears, CVD's all around, 6 Gear diffs, .46 engine, Airtronics MX3 Radio.... the list goes on and on.....Great Ride!!!! But no parts support in most LHS's....But who cares online is cheeper and way and I don't hardly break ANYTHING besides a 1st pinion gear or upper suspension arm. both pretty cheap.

If I was going to wait a few weeks, or a month or so...I would look hard at the LST2. It's around the same price as the Genny and has a great spec sheet. But this truck is not proven yet because it's not out....and IMO the original LST sucks.

But I am sure all of these guys will agree on one thing. For the most part, there all good trucks. The savage is tough as nails...I had one...it was ok....But I like my genesis better. The MGT 4.6 looks cool and for 369$ shipped from ultimatehobbies.com it's a killer deal.....

if only I had enough time and money to try them all..............
Old 11-21-2005, 12:03 AM
CR500rider

Thats wierd because every Mayhem ST i have seen on ebay has come with the XR2i
Old 11-21-2005, 12:13 AM
FE_Chris

They are brand new with the specktrum radio. I ordered one from my LHS for 5 Bills flat. That was just 3 weeks ago and he was JUST able to order them....Nice Package for 5 Bills. Not a basher per sae but a tough truck none the less. And Boy is she Fast!!! Handles real good too....

Thats wierd because every Mayhem ST i have seen on ebay has come with the XR2i
Old 11-21-2005, 10:43 AM
A.B.U

Because the LST 1 was the best. I'm sure the LST 2 will follow in it's footsteps. :P Anyways, I voted for the LST2...
Old 11-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Jea3

First off, this:

I would by all means get the CEN Genesis LE. It's Big, Tough, Powerful, Has reverse, 3 speed tranny with all metal gears, CVD's all around, 6 Gear diffs, .46 engine, Airtronics MX3 Radio.... the list goes on and on.....Great Ride!!!! But no parts support in most LHS's....But who cares online is cheeper and way and I don't hardly break ANYTHING besides a 1st pinion gear or upper suspension arm. both pretty cheap.

Hmm, and we wonder why so many hobby shops close up, and no race tracks stick around?

Old 11-21-2005, 09:29 PM
FE_Chris

Hey, if my LHS would stock CEN, I would buy from them. But the bottom line is US dealers don't like to stock CEN. Plus I am not made of money.

ORIGINAL: Jea3

First off, this:

I would by all means get the CEN Genesis LE. It's Big, Tough, Powerful, Has reverse, 3 speed tranny with all metal gears, CVD's all around, 6 Gear diffs, .46 engine, Airtronics MX3 Radio.... the list goes on and on.....Great Ride!!!! But no parts support in most LHS's....But who cares online is cheeper and way and I don't hardly break ANYTHING besides a 1st pinion gear or upper suspension arm. both pretty cheap.

Hmm, and we wonder why so many hobby shops close up, and no race tracks stick around?

Old 11-21-2005, 09:34 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

I hope you guys know the spektrum is an older radio, that has been a bit redesigned, and then had Spektrum stuck in it. The XS3 is the newer radio though, with more features

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.