40.32%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Emaxx or Ezilla?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Praetor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emaxx or Ezilla?

i was going 100% in the direction of the emaxx for a long time. but now that i look back at the specs of the ezilla, i am starting to have doubts about the emaxx. since theyre both within $35 of eachother i decided to put up a poll. stuff ill be doing: bashing nothing serious tho like jumping off my roof. just little jumps and some hills for climbing. i need something strong and fast. can the stock ESC on the ezilla support 7-cell packs?
Old 11-23-2005, 03:32 PM
GT Batman

Default RE: Emaxx or Ezilla?

I like the E-Maxx mainly because I can get parts at almost any hobby shop. I have seen the ezilla and it looked cool as well, but I have no idea on LHS part support. Might want to check first.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Praetor

i usually get my stuff online anyway. i havent seen much stuff out for the ezilla yet but if its already 2x the truck the emaxx is out of the box, i wouldnt have to get much hopups anytime soon anyway.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:01 PM
GT Batman

Like I said, they are both good trucks, but I like to walk into my LHS and buy a part instead of waiting 2-3 days. That was the only reason I chose the E-maxx. Plus I have had lots of fun with one
Old 11-23-2005, 05:15 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

the E-maxx is so weak, expect to break it every run, when left stock[:@]
Old 11-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Praetor

do you have one? what did you do to break it? i wont be doing anything serious and i dont live near a dirt track.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:28 PM
dooey

ya but the e-maxx is bigger
Old 11-23-2005, 09:27 PM
Bria1

I have a stock E-maxx that I run pretty hard and the only thing that has broke chassis wise was a rear axle shaft. That was because I didn't let off the throttle in time before it landed off a jump. I like having the 2-speeds. Running 14 cells through the EVX makes it move pretty good. It would flip it on its roof taking off in 2nd gear quicker than you could blink. I don't like the EVX though. It gets hot and doesn't take much to fry it. I've had better luck running 12 cells through my Super Rooster (even though it is only rated for 10). It doesn't get as hot and has a higher BEC voltage so the steering is much better. A better upgrade would be the Novak Superduty XR. With the right tires the E-maxx will get around a track pretty good.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:33 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

mainly a-arms, and bulkheads
Old 11-23-2005, 09:53 PM
Bria1

I have never broke an A arm or bulk head and it has taken quite a few tumbles. I don't think the E-zilla has as much adjustability to it as the E-maxx does.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Magilla

There should be a rule here ... YOU CAN'T VOTE IF YOU HAVEN'T DRIVEN - OR AT LEAST OWNED - BOTH VEHICLES!

I'm sick of seeing people trash the ezilla when they haven't even seen it or driven it ... only seen pictures or read the specs. How can you realistically grade a truck that you've never seen or driven? Pretty ignorant in my book.

I've owned both - 2 emaxxes and 1 ezilla. You should only compare them in stock form because because that's the only way to get an "apples to apples" comparison.

Out of the box - in stock form - the ezilla is FAR tougher and MUCH faster than the emaxx. That's amazing considering the maxx has 2 gears and the zilla has one. Yes, the maxx is bigger ... but their suspensions perform nearly identically, the zilla has much better tires, and their acceleration is almost the same. The ESC that comes with the zilla is far more advanced than the EVX, it delivers great power and there is absolutely no set up required. If you saw both trucks in action, with the same bodies, I'll bet you'd have a hard time distinguishing them based on their performance.

I'm not a racer or brushless speed freak - I just like running my truck. I can honestly say that I'd be able to run the zilla for a LONG time without any significant upgrades. Not so with with the maxx ... it was slow out of the box so I bought 7 cell batteries. I kept breaking bulkheads under relatively mild driving conditions, so I had to get aluminum bulkheads. The maxx stock tires were terrible ... so I had to get softer aftermarket proline tires. And finally, all of the screws on my maxx kept bending ... they were cheap to begin with, and when I tried to replace them, the heads kept twisting off. So I had to spend even more money for a screw set. All of these problems cropped up within the first month that I had my maxx.

I've only had my zilla for a month, and so far I've had no problems with it. I've toyed with gearing it down to a 19 tooth pinion, but that's about it. And I hated that Bug body, but tons of maxx and savage bodies fit it. Thats about it ... other than that, I've found the zilla to be a fun, tough truck which is comparable to the maxx in performace, but also tougher and faster than the maxx.

My vote is for the EZILLA.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Bria1

What? I don't see anyone trashing the E-zilla in this post.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:01 AM
Magilla

Maybe I should have softened that comment ... I agree no one is trashing in THIS thread. But I've seen many others.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:39 PM
dooey

ya i think the e-zilla better but i like the e-maxx cuase its bigger
Old 11-24-2005, 05:40 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was debating between the E-zilla and the E-maxx, but I just ordered an E-zilla, largely because of what I read on this forum and others. I just had an e-mail today from a hobby shop guy(here in Germany) saying that a lot of the positive comments I've read are part of a strategy by people who own it or for other weird reasons... True?

Are all these positive comments about the E-zilla true?

I hope so.......
Old 11-24-2005, 05:48 PM
dooey

can u make the e-zilla any bigger like put savafe arms on it?
Old 11-25-2005, 12:39 AM
tokens

dooey the ezilla would look bigger with a set of revo tires,ive found the revo tires give the ezilla a whole different look,i personally think ezilla is a much better performing truck and i love that beetle body,i hear it over and over again how much ppl hate the body,i dont know i think its mean looking,i love mine,all you need is a decent set of 6 cells batts i think 3600 mah is perfect and will get 30mph on my venom speed meter
Old 11-25-2005, 04:53 AM
Magilla

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

I was debating between the E-zilla and the E-maxx, but I just ordered an E-zilla, largely because of what I read on this forum and others. I just had an e-mail today from a hobby shop guy(here in Germany) saying that a lot of the positive comments I've read are part of a strategy by people who own it or for other weird reasons... True?

Are all these positive comments about the E-zilla true?

I hope so.......
What possible "wierd reason" would I have for promoting the ezilla? It's not like I own stock in Hotbodies or that everyone who bought a zilla gets commission for every subsequent ezilla sold. Your "local hobby shop guy" is an idiot.

As I said in my first post in this thread ... BUY THE TRUCK AND MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND! It never ceases to amaze me how the lack of facts DOESN'T prevent people from talking about a particular subject anyway.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:25 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My inclination is to trust what people write, but being new to all this you never know..

Is there truth to the notion though that people WOULD promote a car so that more people would buy it so I don't know if it became more popular the prices would go down or range and availability of tuning parts would go up?

I know, I agree it all sounds quite conspiracy-theory to me, but I think that's what this guy was hinting at.....

In any case I think I was mostly persuaded by the video clips I saw of it, but all the positive comments (here and elsewhere - plus references to at least two trustworthy magazine articles that apparently raved about it..)sealed it.

If anybody else reads this I'd just say don't pay too much attention to it. I'm just a new RC guy and heard this from some random hobby shop dude(who YES wanted to sell me an E-MAXX).

So the E-zilla may very well be THAT GOOD.

I hope so..
Old 11-27-2005, 01:41 PM
monsterpede360

can someone PLEASE!!!!!! Show me a picutre os a ezilla[:@][:@]
Old 11-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Praetor

you could search on google for it...

http://www.storacingproducts.com/rc-...ts/hb52502.jpg

i think im going with the maxx anyway. i started with traxxas and ill prolly end with them...if i do ever end
Old 11-27-2005, 04:52 PM
monsterpede360

o ok thanksman that looks sweet
Old 11-27-2005, 07:01 PM
mayhem272

i have a emaxx too and its cool
got the 2 speed manual u cant beat that its fun
but heres wat i recomend
do not run 1500 packs u get no runtime at all (i run them i get about 8-10 mins but i have a twin charger so its good)
get a new steering servo (the stocks kinda weak)
get a bunch of batts (i myself have 3 pairs of dynamite 1500mah's) and a twin charger (dynamite twin peak is the only one i know of)
other than that your good
ive seen the hot bodies truck too it doesnt have a 2speed manual i think
Old 11-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Praetor

for batteries, GP3700 7-cell all the way
i know the servo sucks. i plan to get a hitec metal gear coreless ballbearing servo.
3 pairs of batteries is a must for a full day of racing. one pair on charge, one cooling and one being run.
and no the ezilla doesnt have 2 speed. another reason to buy the maxx.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:47 AM
tokens

ill post it again THE EZILLA DOES NOT NEED 2 SPEEDS the ezilla easily passes 30mph on a decent pair of 3000mah or greater 6CELL batts,not 7 cell like the emaxx needs to hit 30

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.