Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

TNX pro Questions

Old 11-26-2005, 08:18 AM
vwdude199

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TNX pro Questions

i will be receiving a slightly used TNX with 5 tanks on it, those 5 tanks were 30% and i own 20%, he told me to take a shim out and retune it. would all the needles need to be retuned? And to take a shim out do i need to just take the head off and it is there? Pretty new to nitro, owned a tmaxx once.

I will be running it in the winter time i am hoping, should i run it in the snow? and it would be good to get rubber sealed bearings to right? Is there anyone that makes those for the TNX?
Old 11-26-2005, 12:28 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: TNX pro Questions

The TNX engine will run fine on 20 or 30% nitro. Removing a shim is not necessary. Unless of course he ADDED a shim when running the 30%. Which is not necessary. You'll retune the engine anytime you change fuel, or head shims. The head shim is found between the head/headbutton, and the sleeve. Running in the snow is fun, but requires some extra maintenance. You should either balloon, or plastic dip all of the electronics before running. As well as frequently checking the bearings, and all aluminum/metal on the truck, and keep em cleaned off and lubricated. WD40 is very popular for that. Just to help prevent rust. Many companies make good rubber sealed bearings. Boca, Avid, Acer, Duratrax....
Old 11-26-2005, 02:05 PM
vwdude199

he must of added one, and thanks, i know how to balloon servos, what do i do to my RX?
Old 11-26-2005, 02:12 PM
ThermalRD

If the rx is still in its original RX box, then seal that up. Like the edges, and the hole for wires. RTV sealant would do fine there. Not alot, just a little.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:13 PM
ThermalRD

Or for that matter, stretch a ballon around the box.