Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Warhead has shipped!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 12:05 AM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warhead has shipped!!!

Ok, i couldnt take it any longer. Nobody else posted it, so i figured i may as well. The warhead MT page has been updated. Yes it has shipped. So how many of you guys are buying this new warhead? I know plenty of people are burnt on the delay, but its here now. Whos gettin one?

Old 11-27-2005, 01:55 AM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Warhead has shipped!!!

you guys are going to be so dissapointed, im sorry but everything duratrax spits out sucks, all of the running gear is good but the stresstech parts gotta go,

stresstech is crap!! im telling you guys its gonna be just like all their other cars, its gonna be a constant project, ive owned a street force gp and a evader st, and a axis, all of them are junk, all of them were delayed cause i remember waiting on them, and all of them turned out to be junk, the street force was the worst, and the axis came in second place with its crappy transmission and the evader came in third with its weak ass shocktowers and bulkheads, and bumper, and tranny brace, and the rear plate,

im sorry guys but ive lost faith in duratrash long ago, they are constant TARDY dissapointments,

and this will be the same because of the stress tech parts, duracrap, duratrash, durajunk, dura**** is what it is
Old 11-27-2005, 01:59 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Thermal...if it weren't for buying stupid presents for stupid other people...I'd love to grab one.

maybe it goes on my Christmas list[8D]

*EDIT*

thanks for the heads up, thermal!
Old 11-27-2005, 03:37 AM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

crap talking? i remember your dumbass, maybe you need to take a break cause you should be tired of being an ******* by now,

my opinion is not unfounded, are you a moron? can you not read? my opinion was supprted by three different cars, plus 500 other people opinions that have acutally owned duratrax cars,

do we need to get speedmunkey and skrap and all the other mods that have had to deal with your crap, HELL YEAH i started the name calling this time, but this time you came out of nowhere and said somthing dumb, atleast when you put out wrong info other times your around a little earlier to check out the palce so you can put your useless opinion in there,

im fired up know, all cylinders are burning, for the other people reading this just ignore it because me and thunderbird go way back, and im deeply sorry for his retarded post put on your thread thermal, and i also apologize for having to take care of it on your thread,

too many people hate you thunderbird, maybe a new forum should be found for you, but then again that will just give you more enemies, im not on rcu much anymore because me and everyone else on the electric forum got tired of his and people like hims crap, so we all moved elsewhere, but i didnt know you moved onto pollutting the monster truck forum too,

im gonna go ahead and name you saddam, because just like him your hated, and just like him you put your nose into other peoples buisness, and just like him you drop crap on the rest of the world, do everyone a favor and apologize for being an imbussil, but eveen after you apologize LEAVE,

this isnt just because of that small little post on this forum, this goes way back dude, and i didnt get to chew you out then for fear of being banned, but it does not matter now because josh is out
Old 11-27-2005, 05:12 AM
CR500rider

ORIGINAL: jkrustchinsky

crap talking? i remember your dumbass, maybe you need to take a break cause you should be tired of being an ******* by now,

my opinion is not unfounded, are you a moron? can you not read? my opinion was supprted by three different cars, plus 500 other people opinions that have acutally owned duratrax cars,

do we need to get speedmunkey and skrap and all the other mods that have had to deal with your crap, HELL YEAH i started the name calling this time, but this time you came out of nowhere and said somthing dumb, atleast when you put out wrong info other times your around a little earlier to check out the palce so you can put your useless opinion in there,

im fired up know, all cylinders are burning, for the other people reading this just ignore it because me and thunderbird go way back, and im deeply sorry for his retarded post put on your thread thermal, and i also apologize for having to take care of it on your thread,

too many people hate you thunderbird, maybe a new forum should be found for you, but then again that will just give you more enemies, im not on rcu much anymore because me and everyone else on the electric forum got tired of his and people like hims crap, so we all moved elsewhere, but i didnt know you moved onto pollutting the monster truck forum too,

im gonna go ahead and name you saddam, because just like him your hated, and just like him you put your nose into other peoples buisness, and just like him you drop crap on the rest of the world, do everyone a favor and apologize for being an imbussil, but eveen after you apologize LEAVE,

this isnt just because of that small little post on this forum, this goes way back dude, and i didnt get to chew you out then for fear of being banned, but it does not matter now because josh is out
Did you do a line of meth before you wrote that? You seem very hyped up over something soo stupid. If you want to flame on someone like that you should probably at least try to spell correctly
Old 11-27-2005, 06:05 AM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

dude i said it a few times that it wasnt just that, me and him go way back, and trust me he seserved it
Old 11-27-2005, 09:01 AM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Hey man, I just call'em like I see'em. and you are just flaming out.......This post is already vearing off topic........You people, all just so sensitive. Man up a little bit. it's like a bunch of freaking chicks inhabit this place........
ORIGINAL: jkrustchinsky.

Old 11-27-2005, 09:48 AM
ThermalRD

Man, i was just trying to give the heads up to some people that might want that warhead. If i didnt have a ton of money sittin on another truck right now, i'd buy it myself. Guys, try to keep the post on topic, and clean.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:48 AM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need your opinion. A neighborhood kid is wanting to get his first nitro truck. Much like ilikenitrocars he is all over the place. Do you think the Warhead would be a good first truck for him? I have tried to steer him toward the Revo or Savage to get him started, but his parents are looking for something cheaper. They were only wanting to spend $200 but I think they have come around to reality a little and see just how much these trucks cost. I was unsure if I should mention this truck to them or not.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:47 AM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: alvinl

I need your opinion. A neighborhood kid is wanting to get his first nitro truck. Much like ilikenitrocars he is all over the place. Do you think the Warhead would be a good first truck for him? I have tried to steer him toward the Revo or Savage to get him started, but his parents are looking for something cheaper. They were only wanting to spend $200 but I think they have come around to reality a little and see just how much these trucks cost. I was unsure if I should mention this truck to them or not.
My opinion is No, not yet.
A newbie would be far better off with a tried and tested truck. Not a truck that is using experimental manufacturing techniques. That IS why the Warhead took so long to make it to market, the could not get the new manufactruing processes worked out.
IMHO, if the kid (or his parents) won't spring for a Revo - the best choice - then steer them towards a T-Maxx. Those two Traxxas models are, again IMHO, the easiest/best for a newbie.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Doahh

Please keep this thread ON TOPIC and the posts CLEAN
Noone can say ANYTHING about the durability of the warhead because it is not out yet! Maybe they changed their plastic to whatever ratio
Old 11-27-2005, 01:10 PM
alvinl

Thanks DaveG55. If I were buying it for myself (and I might after Christmas is over with), I would not be concerned about it. I expect to break parts and would just replace or upgrade them as they break. But I know if he gets it and it breaks immediately his parents are gonna be "I told you so" and he will be stuck with a broken truck until I fix it. It's just going to be one of those things I have no control over.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:25 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: alvinl

Thanks DaveG55. If I were buying it for myself (and I might after Christmas is over with), I would not be concerned about it. I expect to break parts and would just replace or upgrade them as they break. But I know if he gets it and it breaks immediately his parents are gonna be "I told you so" and he will be stuck with a broken truck until I fix it. It's just going to be one of those things I have no control over.
Yeah, I'm still intrested in one but I'm gonna wait. I had one on order since last Feb and when I found out why they were late to market I decided to cancel the order and let others buy one and find the bugs that have not been worked out. By the way, I found out the problem from a response by a Duratrax engineer to a thread here on RCU. So, while it may not be admissable in court, the info is about as good as it gets on the net.
I gotta say though, that it sounds like you're between a rock and a hard place with the kid & his parents. You're just trying to help but if anything goes wrong it will be your "bad advice" they'll remember. Maybe you could get the parents to do a bit of research "read RCU" to get a more realistic idea of what to expect.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Cal-Torque

They've taken so long to get this truck to market that I'm not excited about it any longer... How many generations of Savages have we seen since they announced the Warhead? And, the LST2 is just around the corner as well... However, it will be interesting to see how it does, and if they can build any local hobby shop support.
For a newbie RC, I would wholeheartedly recommend the MGT. The motor is less finicky than the Revo. Savage is too difficult to work on, and may frustrate a beginner. A deciding factor though should be local hobby shop support. There's nothing worse than having an expensive new toy and not being able to play with it because you can't get parts or know-how...
Old 11-27-2005, 04:01 PM
mvigod
Banned

I have Eric Hege doing a full complete RCU style review on this new Warhead truck. Stay tuned as we will have it online for you all asap. You will get the real deal, straight truth, no holds barred details on this thing with photos and video too.

Oh yeah..keep it clean or the moderators will have no choice but to bring the hammer down....we would like to avoid this so be mindful before you post please. thanks all.

boo-yah!
Old 11-27-2005, 05:16 PM
Bria1

So the Warhead is more like a truggy since the main chassis plate is as low as the front and rear skid plates right? According to roar rules to be a monster truck the bottom of the engine has to be 1.5" higher than the skid plates. Here is a link if interested http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/ROARMTRules.pdf
I don't see this truck doing very well racing against other truggies, but I guess it would be nice to be able to jack up the suspesion to get extra ground clearance for bashing. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:52 AM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

The webpage says they are shipping, but Tower has not shipped my back order yet. Oh well, may be the back order log is so long, it will take a while for them to get to my 9-05 order. No matter, I am not canceling mine, which IMHO is a great deal at $350 shipped after discount, plus $20 worth of free goodies (batteries and fuel bottle).

As for being a Guinea Pig, well may be, but in my experience all RC cars and trucks have their strong and weal points, even after years of refinement. My MAXXes are case in point. The fact that it has been delayed again and again is most likely due to their fixing bugs and tweaking components. Duratrax must understand this is perhaps the single most important vehicle introduction in their company's history. It can finally put Duratrax on the map, just as T-Maxx did for Traxxas. A class leader Warhead may ultimately prove not to to be, but a flop is extremely unlikely.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:52 AM
EG1

It looks as if the engine will be at least 1.5" with a fully compressed suspension. MT's are no match for truggy's so it would be lights out for the Warhead.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:20 PM
redbarton

One of my local hobby shops has one in stock. I saw the box, but they wouldn't open it up for me to check out. So, yeah, they truly are shipping now. I about fell over when I saw the box sitting behind the counter.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:52 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

I can tell you it can't take a nuke.

Try it urself:

http://www.netdisaster.com/go.php?mo...warheadmt.com/

it's hilarious.

My opinion is that it has a good amount of shock posistions on the a-arm, unlike the Savage, but i really see no point in racing it though
Old 12-01-2005, 07:19 PM
spv1425

Ordered one off ebay yesterday :-)
Old 12-01-2005, 08:39 PM
mosavage

thats stupid
Old 12-01-2005, 08:39 PM
jammingmc

My LHS has the yellow/blue one in stock. We took it out of the box and checked it out. Did the 5-6 ft drop test and WOW!! Very nice. I have had many of the nitro RC's (Savage, 4 T-Maxxes, etc....) and this STOCK suspension is by far the best offered on the market....bar none. Just my $0.02

jamminGMC
Old 12-01-2005, 10:59 PM
maxx power
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: mosavage

thats stupid

If you have nothing better to say than that, JUST SHUT THE HELL UP! Your response is just worthless.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:27 PM
ccs77

When will a review be posted, I'm dying to read one and my MT purchase is hinging on it. Savage 25 Vs. Warhead!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.