Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Ordered warhead again!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 12:39 AM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ordered warhead again!!

Well Thermal i guess I beat you to the punch on my next order. I ordered a warhead again this time i'll let the order ride. I saved about 22.00 off the order, but it is still on backorder from tower hobbies. I just about bought a Nemesis on ebay for 329.00 shipped, but i wanted something different. The modular design looks cool on the warhead, and i have a genny already.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:38 AM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ordered warhead again!!

good choice, let is know how you like it
Old 11-29-2005, 09:52 AM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: DodamissC

good choice, let is know how you like it
I agree with the " let us know" part.
Only time will tell if it was a good choice.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:57 AM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, They spent enough time designing and fixxing the thing, hopefully all bugs are worked out. Im on the backorder so who knows when.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:43 AM
ThermalRD

Nice! Be sure to give us a review on that. Im actually trying to talk Sandor into buying one of those warheads. My money is tied up in something else right now. It'll be out real soooon. If Sandor doesnt buy this warhead, that will be IN STOCK wednesday, i'll shoot you a pm.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:06 AM
GT Batman

I see this think is Bump Box accessible! That there is reason enough to buy one! I have had nothing but problems with one-ways, tiger drives, eazy starts, and pull starts with my LST. I love my LST, but all this starter crap is really getting old. In the price of starters I could have a whole new truck. Thermal, you think this would be good at DB? Maybe i'll give it a try. I like the hellfire too, I can't decide. Then there is the LST2, which I have a ton of parts for already. Hmmm, what to do Either way, I want a backup truck so when the LST breaks a starter I can still race.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:18 PM
3D_star

Personally i love the Warhead it looks like an Amazing truck and what Duratrax did while desigining it is they took the Top truck at the times (Savage) and added to it design taking away the bad areas and adding Hop Ups along the way. Personally i love the adjustability and i like the idea of a bump start. But what i like most of all is that it looks tough it doesnt loook like its going to break on you it truley is an overbuilt truck and thats what made the savage so sucseful and i Hop the Warhead becomes as sucsesfull because Duratrax doesn't get the credit it deserves but, I definatly will be ordering one..
Old 11-29-2005, 02:22 PM
GT Batman

For sure, I like that it can me easily adjusted to become a racer. On a side note, I have the ICE charger and love it, this is definetly a competition level charger at an affordable price. I have no problem trusting that this truck will be a racer. I also like the 1-year guarantee on breaking parts like arms.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:26 PM
3D_star

Personally i love the Warhead it looks like an Amazing truck and what Duratrax did while desigining it is they took the Top truck at the times (Savage) and added to it design taking away the bad areas and adding Hop Ups along the way. Personally i love the adjustability and i like the idea of a bump start. But what i like most of all is that it looks tough it doesnt loook like its going to break on you it truley is an overbuilt truck and thats what made the savage so sucseful and i Hop the Warhead becomes as sucsesfull because Duratrax doesn't get the credit it deserves but, I definatly will be ordering one..
Old 11-29-2005, 02:28 PM
GT Batman

ORIGINAL: 3D_star

You must really love this truck to post that twice
Old 11-29-2005, 02:30 PM
3D_star

Oopps soorry my bad. Yeah Duratrax is a good company i also have that Charger and i love the thing. I have broken in a droven the Evaders and there Awsome Buggy/Standium trucks there awsome for handling and for power. And they include and OS.18 i dont see HPI TRaxxas or MGT doing that. So i think its going to be a promising truck
Old 11-29-2005, 03:03 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I don't like how Duratrax chokes third party support for their kits. I like to be able to get Hardcore Racing, RPM, Nova, Dynamite, Lunsford, New Era, MIP, etc. parts- you get the picture. Variety! They will offer their own hop ups and upgrades, and that is about it. That's really all that you can ever get for Duratrax kits are Duratrax upgrades.

Does anyone know why Duratrax does not openly allow 3rd party support for their kits? Is it a business strategy, engineering strategy or ??? Or are the kits not popular enough for third party support? I am just trying to get more information and make some sense of it.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:16 AM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

I don't like how Duratrax chokes third party support for their kits. I like to be able to get Hardcore Racing, RPM, Nova, Dynamite, Lunsford, New Era, MIP, etc. parts- you get the picture. Variety! They will offer their own hop ups and upgrades, and that is about it. That's really all that you can ever get for Duratrax kits are Duratrax upgrades.

Does anyone know why Duratrax does not openly allow 3rd party support for their kits? Is it a business strategy, engineering strategy or ??? Or are the kits not popular enough for third party support? I am just trying to get more information and make some sense of it.
I don't see how any company could or would want to inhibit aftermarket support. There are some 3rd party aftermarket hop-ups for some of the more popular Duratrax vehicles. The fact that there are so few of them is simply because so far Duratrax hasn't produced a block buster hit like the Maxx or Savage. The same can be said about any of the other lesser known brands. May be the Warhead will change that.

I guarantee that if 3rd party companies see profit and volume in a product line, nothing will stop them from capitalizing on it.