Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

revo engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 09:39 AM
camtheman000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo engine

I'm trying to upgrade the Revo engine. It's just not giving me the power I want. The engine I have right now is the stock engine, but could I fit a Mach .26 engine into a Revo? If not, is there something comparable to it that I could get.

Old 11-29-2005, 10:26 AM
superstardave9

Default RE: revo engine

u should get a .26 wasp engine. it is a very nice engine! plenty of power!
Old 11-29-2005, 10:36 AM
GT Batman

Get the OS motor...if you want a big block like the Mach, you need the conversion kit. And yes, it will work. I have personally seen a Mach 26 from a LST in a revo. Keep in mind he had to replace\upgrade almost every part of the tranny and drivetrain as the Mach has too much power for stock Revo parts. Because of this, I would go with the OS.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:13 PM
camtheman000

what would the upgrade cost??? 400??
Old 11-29-2005, 12:18 PM
GT Batman

The OS is only like $220. Ask the revo guys the exact model number, but it is not a bad price.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:54 PM
camtheman000

But what about if I wanted to replace the drivetrain and tranny with aluminum?
Old 11-29-2005, 01:07 PM
GT Batman

You shouldn't need to with the OS. But I am not sure about the cost for upgrading the tranny, I will have to ask they guy did did this to his revo.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:43 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: skyodyssey

Get the OS motor...if you want a big block like the Mach, you need the conversion kit. And yes, it will work. I have personally seen a Mach 26 from a LST in a revo. Keep in mind he had to replace\upgrade almost every part of the tranny and drivetrain as the Mach has too much power for stock Revo parts. Because of this, I would go with the OS.
LOL... freez (on this board) has an EB Modded Novarossi .28 in his stock drivetrain Revo... too much power? BWAHAHAHA... sorry to say it but the Mach has less power than the Novarossi... I have a .23 on my stock drivetrain... revopqrs has an OS .30 on a stock drivetrain... freez also had a Wasp .26 on a stock drivetrain... and a Collari .30/.32 on a stock drivetrain... and his friend has a Wasp .26 on a stock drivetrain... proof enough?

Oh... and the only upgrade to the Revo drivetrain would be the FOC... (taking out reverse.. which is the "weak link" ) and it costs $12.. With a BB, you'll want to get different gearing to be able to control it... I think most BB guys use 17 or 18 clutch bells and 35-38 spurs... some BB guys prefer the steel spur... I use the plastic one.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:52 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I see it at the track, you will shred your drive train eventually. I've never seen the Mach .26 in a Revo make a complete race day. This is in my direct experience.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:58 PM
RenegadeRevo

hmmm... 'cause at almost 4 gallons (1.5 with the TM323) I'd think I'd have already "shred" my drivetrain... with how hard I push my truck when bashing... perhaps freez or revopqrs can chime in to input their experiences with the drivetrain... the Revo drivetrain is strong... although it is plastic. As stated before the "weak link" of the Revo transmission is the reverse gear... once you do a FOC on it... they're practically bullet-proof. AND... this, obviously, is from my DIRECT experience. (this is one thing no one can argue with me that I don't have one... LOL)

P.S. everyone sets their trucks up differently, if you have an EXTREMELY tight slipper... of course you're going to shred stuff when you do WOT off of jumps and stuff. I run my slipper a LITTLE tight, but not too tight. I think I run about 1/2 -3/4 turn from factory.

Edit: Found a link to some info...

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3598238/tm.htm]clicky....[/link]
Old 11-29-2005, 03:15 PM
2DMaxLST!!

.30 is a very new engine, I have less than 3/4 of a gallon on mine and I've had it less than a week.

Old 11-29-2005, 03:17 PM
GT Batman

Well I know what I saw and that mach shredded the stock Revo tranny, spurs, etc.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:18 PM
RenegadeRevo

Of course, before his OS .30, he had a Picco .27... and freez has had a Wasp .26, Collari .30 and .32... and now his Novarossi .28 for a while... and as I said... my TM323 has been on my Revo for 1.5 almost 2 gallons... and have had 0 drivetrain problems... (other than spurs due to my stupidity... gotta loctite those darn adjustment screws...)
Old 11-29-2005, 03:19 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Agreed, I've saw the Mach shred a Revo tranny on at least 3 races, I can only imagine what the OS .30 will do. The Revo is a much beefier tranny than the Tmaxx though!!
Old 11-29-2005, 03:21 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: skyodyssey

Well I know what I saw and that mach shredded the stock Revo tranny, spurs, etc.
Not because it's "too powerful" though... that would be a setup issue... spurs are usually due to improper mesh, or slipper too tight... tranny is usually due to having reverse still installed... of course, everyone has different issues, I'm just saying that the Revo drivetrain (tranny) is solid... and can handle larger engines.... there are many variables that could have happened to your friend's Revo that the tranny shredded... I've got 4 gallons through my stock drivetrain.... 1.5-2 of which are with a TM323 behind it. There are 2 other people on this board that I know of with stock drivetrain (other than steel spurs) and BB's...