Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

lst faster than savage 4.6?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 02:19 PM
tomr1088

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lst faster than savage 4.6?

ok i am buying either a savage 4.6 or an lst. i dont want to know which truck is stronger or better for racing....this topic has already been beat down. i just want to know which is faster for speed and accelleration because both of these trucks have the same power output about and the lst is nearly 2 pounds heavier. I've watched videos and i never see the lst ripping wheelies like the savage. I have only driven the savage 4.6 and have never seen an lst go so i am hesitant in my decision.

Thanks ahead of time for your input!
Old 12-09-2005, 02:36 PM
GT Batman

Default RE: lst faster than savage 4.6?

Yes, it is. You can make the LST wheelie all you want if you tighten down the slipper, but it makes for some hard racing with the front wheels off the ground. I have raced many savages and the LST just seems to be faster all the way around. Could be in the gearing. Not sure as I don't have a savage, I just know that they seem slow compared to the LST when racing against them.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:39 PM
2DMaxLST!!

This is a old video of my LST with the Mach. I'm running a lower than stock second for racing. The LSTII would be quicker I would think.

[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/racer_04212005.wmv]Video: LST1 with Mach, testing in the street[/link]

Where are you getting your weights from??

I hear people say the LST weighs more than the Savage all the time but from the 2005 Radio Control Monster Trucks magazine:

Savage 25: 248oz
LST: 208oz
Revo: 150.4oz
MGT: 196oz
TNX: 159oz

The LST has a longer wheel base and can handle big horse power with out all the wheelie action. It also has 6 CVD's making the drive train very efficient.

Edit: Reviewing the manufacturer's specs and comparing them to the article I believe the article is comparing their weights with racing tires and wheels installed. Remember, stock the LST has 4lbs of tires and wheels and you won't be racing it that way.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:55 PM
tomr1088

ok i found those weights from manufacturers sites. losi says the lst is 13 pounds, while the savage is 11.2 pounds. Also i picked them both up in the hobby shop and the lst was significantly heavier. i dorve my friends savage 4.6 and it was wheeling everywhere even in second gear, i just dont see the losi doing that. Also the losi has a 40 mph top speed and savage a 44. And while im at it, what parts should i upgrade on the lst, i know i should probably get rpm arms but what else.

This decision is killing me, especially since its a 600 dollar decision.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:57 PM
tomr1088

oh and ive read that article and the weights on the lst are wrong on that site, as well as the savage i beleive.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:20 PM
bigmike882

In that video, it sounded like the truck was about to blow up. Is that a normal sound for LST's. It sounded like it was running really lean, then when the throttle was let off, it kinda winded down. It jsut sounded like it was reving higher than it should have been going that speed. Is that just normal though, never owned a mt.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:44 PM
tomr1088

no his lst sounds normal, running perfect, my tmaxx sounds like that....plus he said he is unning a low second gear.

anyways...back to my originol topic, anyone got more info or feedback or videos!!!!