ALFFA164

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Anyone own a Warhead?

Actually there is no solution for this problem. The problem is the tank itself.... when nitro reaches the lower part, from that "step" in the tank and lower... then the leaning issue appears. We discussed this problem for a very long time in this same thread, many of us tried several things and nothing happened.

One other tip... gravity (height of the tank) is not the problem, all buggies have the tank the lowest possible in order tho keep down the center of gravity and they never have such leaning issues. This is a design problem of the tank and changing engine actually doesnt solve it but you wont notice it due to a bigger suction force... with an Axial for example. Super pooper engine is kind of crappy but the main problem is the tank.

If you replace the tank with one that hasnt that funny inverted "L" shape you will kick out the problem.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:43 PM
tksnobords
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i never noticed the leaning problem ntil i got my Axial .28 installed. aftr replacing the ful ine with very shor pieces, the problem kind of went away. but from everything i hae read and heard about this problem, there are two options...use a different fuel tank (a tank from a different vehicle), or fill it up at half way. i finallty got mine to work properly...but im only a gallon into my axial .28...check out the youtube vids
Old 01-28-2010, 09:44 PM
bronx boy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

sounds good lots of thought went into all of your decisions i knew i came to the right place thanks guys ill keep you informed
Old 01-31-2010, 05:41 AM
tksnobords

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

post pix n vids
Old 01-31-2010, 06:11 AM
messn03

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

TK, YU up so early? How's the weather in Cali? Ya running yur 'RTX..cold as H+++ here in MI.. cant wait for spring...Later...Mess[:@]
Old 01-31-2010, 07:03 AM
JFACKY

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

For you guys having the lean at 1/2 tank problems. Try a uniflow setup on the tank.

This is done by running an extension tube from the inside of the cap where the exhaust pressure enters the cap, To a point near where the fuel feed exits the tank. But not so close that the bubbles get fed into the fuel feed.

What this does is, by saeling the tank from pressure differential to the collom of fuel in the tank, there wouldn't be the change in flow that you now get when the level in the tank reaches the step. and should cure the lean condition.

The link explains what I'm talking about in more detail

http://www.fraserker.com/heli/uniflo...flow_works.htm
Old 01-31-2010, 07:40 AM
messn03

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

link is invalid...Mess[]
Old 01-31-2010, 02:02 PM
tksnobords

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

link is broken. the weather sucks here right now. but it doesnt matter, i gotta put an order in at tower hobbies. i need a few things. i could probably make it work...but i would rather just wait and get the parts i need.

"Sorry!
There was an error. This could be for one of several reasons...
- If the content of the page you were looking for is quite new it might not have been loaded onto the server yet
or
- the page you were looking for has been moved or deleted
or
- there was some other sort of error."

-http://www.fraserker.com/sorry.htm
Old 02-01-2010, 10:26 PM
bronx boy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i watched you tube the savage guys have the same problem so i took a staight presure nipple from a old tuned pipe screwed it into the under side of fuel cap put some fuel tubing on it down to about a1/2 inch from the bottom of tank then put about 3 feet of fuel line on and ran it around the carring handle we will see if this works the savage people had success with this method im hopeing for the same what do you warhead and rtx guys think of this system
Old 02-02-2010, 10:57 AM
tksnobords

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thats cool. let us know how that works out for you. i dont really have an issue with LEANING half way thru the tank. its weird....i got the truck used, and had no problems really...then i put an Axial .28 on it...and the problem started. but it only happened a few times...now i seem to have it set right. i spoke to Axial about it and they told me to RICHEN the LSN a little...after i did that, the issue went away. as you can tell in the vids.

BRONX BOY...can you post some pix of your mod...and/or some video would be nice!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:06 PM
bronx boy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

im still on dial up and me and my wife both work for the phone company for 31 years im living in the 1980s hope to be on fios soon then i can start to downlode pictures
Old 02-03-2010, 01:05 AM
tksnobords

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i didnt even know dial-up still existed.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:08 PM
bronx boy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ureka ive solved the lean 1/2 tank issue my experiment worked it took a little carb adjustment since i screwed it up before my experiment ok so i screwed a straight pressere nipple into the bottom of the gas/fuel cap attached a peice of fuel line about 3/4 of the way down in to the tank then put about 3 feet of fuel line on from the tank to the carb ran it around the roll bar it ran good all the way from full tank to just vapors left in tank it only ran lean about 10 seconds to empty tank at end tried it on my rtx and warhead also my ligtning gt stadium pro im a happy guy now its like having 3 new trucks
Old 02-05-2010, 06:22 AM
messn03

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

GFU...now if we can solve the brittle diff gear problem when using new motors....Mess[:@]
Old 02-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Airmicro
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a question about the stock Warhead tires! I want to install a set on my Revo and was wondering if they hold up good? Do they easily rip to bashing and some street driving? In other words, are they comparable to say a stock savage tire or proline?
Old 02-05-2010, 03:04 PM
messn03

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

They are very heavy and wear good...not too bad on the street, but do have a softer lug compound that grips and works well in loose stuff. 14 mm hex on stock WH rims remember...Mess[:@]
Old 02-05-2010, 03:20 PM
bronx boy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

nothing beats my stock t maxx 2.5 tires they dont seem to wear much at all
Old 02-06-2010, 01:39 PM
JFACKY

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

sorry about that... the link works on another r/c site... just tried it there. so i copied the link from the page and will try again.

http://www.fraserker.com/heli/uniflo...flow_works.htm

the link worked in preview...

should work now just tried it after posting
Old 02-09-2010, 09:42 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey guys, my stock engine went poof in my rtx after about a gallon, was gonna upgrade anyway so it works lol.I hear alot about the axials in all different trucks and how much power they have and whatnot, but the guy at my lhs that works there and races at the same track i do was steerin me towards a losi 427, hes got one in his losi 8b.and i told him about me wanting a bump start and leaned me towards the 350, but theres a lrp z28r that looks pretty nice, what do you guys think?which one?or the axial .32?
Old 02-10-2010, 06:19 AM
messn03

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You'll be much happier with the power of the LRP Z28. Run a vented clutch bell of your choice/ teeth and Dynamite shoes with either 1.0 or 1.1 springs. Be prepared to rip up a pinion in the diff's tho'...JMO...Later...Mess
Old 02-10-2010, 08:53 AM
tksnobords

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i blew my stock super tigre engine a little while ago. i read up and talked to lots of people about which engine to go with. people suggested the 427 and the 350. but i went with the Axial .28. mainly for the price. i mean for $120...i have a brand new engine that has more than enough power. i'm not a speedster though. i used the stock clutch bell. i had to buy different type of screw to hold the clutch bell on (ask you LHS and they will get you setup). i had to grind the engine mount a little bit though....to make the carb clear the spur gear. but other than that, i am more than happy with it. i have not driven it in more than 50 degree weather yet...i think in a little warmer temps, it will have a little more power. it almost wheelies now. granted i'm barely past break-in. check out the video's on my youtube, if you want to see what an axial .28 gets you. its the stock gearing (stock clutch bell and stock WARHEAD spur gear). i use plastic spur gears...wayyy cheaper when they break. but i did strip the pinon gear in the rear differential. but my truck is 2WD, and my slipper clutch was a little too tight. now it has been running great. i'm putting an order together for tower hobbies...and this beast will be ready for jumping by this weekend. assuming it isnt raining lol. more vids to come guys
Old 02-10-2010, 08:55 AM
tksnobords

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

if i get a new clutch bell, i will go with a vented one most likely.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:07 AM
messn03

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Axial's or OFNA's are a good choice and come in many different teeth varieties...what shoes do you use and spring rate? My Axial .32 pulled my ALUMINUM(heavy beast) Warheads tires up easily w/ the alum Mugen's and 1.0,stock gears..AFA diff's try shimming for better LASH...otherwise a steel guy I know said to heat the piss outta it and cool it(he hasn't tried it yet , but makes sense to enable better tensity..LMK how yur doin'!!..MORE VID'S PLS>!!!...Later...Mess[:@]
I've got a FOOT of snow here[] so don't B#### about 50 deg.,,,,,LOL!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:33 AM
ALFFA164

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hmmmmm... many guys from this thread might remember how happy i was with my LRP Spec 3 Truggy engine until it started eating diffs!!! And you already know how a PIA it is to get to the diffs in this truck. Best engine I ever tested, well... before entering real Pro level engines. This engine will pair to any high level italian... trust me.. ANY. The big issue is with the truck itself, it wasnt designed to handle that much of power.

After many blown diffs my best advice is... Axial. This engine its more than enough for this truck. It has plenty of power, speed on the long run and gas consumption is not bad. What i liked about LRP is that it can be pushed to its limits, really really hard, and it can handle it. I ended up using it for buggy racing and it always ran like a champ for 30 to 45 minutes of extreme use and abuse.

Bottom line, LRP is the best choice, but Axial would be a better choice... funny right... doesnt make sense. If you want to have fun and enjoy the truck get the axial, LRP is too much for this truck and you will end with your truck on the working bench right after 2 to 3 runs ($$$$$ for diffs).

If you want to compare stock engine to LRP .28 just check my gallery... lots of pictures there.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:48 AM
messn03

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Good point A!!...Later...Mess[:@]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.