jayman11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone own a Warhead?

yeah they're all universal...just work off of a 9V
Old 02-18-2008, 03:06 PM
fordaholic72

Don't post much here, but I read daily. I have an original Warhead. Still a work in progress. It is my first nitro, so I have learned a lot. Anyway, one thing I have been having trouble keeping right is I can't get the shocks to stop springing leaks. I have rebuilt them all twice, and after a while of running some start leaking again. Usually only two or three start leaking. I have not kept track to see if it is the same ones though. Everything looked good when I would put them together, no burrs on the shafts or anything like that. Anyone else have any problems with theirs leaking? What have you done to fix the leaking if it was a recurring problem? Has anyone used a different shock on the truck and had better luck? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve
Old 02-18-2008, 04:00 PM
davido666

I have a couple of shocks that slowly leak out oil but I just open them up from time to time and top them off with some fresh shock oil.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:49 PM
ssllc902

HELP

Ok I just noticed that my wh is not shifting gears(at least I dont think so) Maybe it never did, my hearing is not to good sometimes. I had my lhs owner put in my forward only shaft he assured me he did everything right but who knows?Could he of done something wrong? Also when I look through the little hole to try to find the shift adjust I cant find the set screw. I see the one for the reverse adjuster and the spot where I think the shift adjust goes but I cant see the screw. So if any one has any Idea why I dont have 2nd gear let me know.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:05 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: fordaholic72

Don't post much here, but I read daily. I have an original Warhead. Still a work in progress. It is my first nitro, so I have learned a lot. Anyway, one thing I have been having trouble keeping right is I can't get the shocks to stop springing leaks. I have rebuilt them all twice, and after a while of running some start leaking again. Usually only two or three start leaking. I have not kept track to see if it is the same ones though. Everything looked good when I would put them together, no burrs on the shafts or anything like that. Anyone else have any problems with theirs leaking? What have you done to fix the leaking if it was a recurring problem? Has anyone used a different shock on the truck and had better luck? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve

did u try changing the shock seal and piston kit and o-ring?? it's pretty cheap way to go before getting new set..

i'm really want those piggyback shocks made by either imex, integy and cen....one of these days i'l get it.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:34 PM
davido666

ORIGINAL: ssllc902

HELP

Ok I just noticed that my wh is not shifting gears(at least I dont think so) Maybe it never did, my hearing is not to good sometimes. I had my lhs owner put in my forward only shaft he assured me he did everything right but who knows?Could he of done something wrong? Also when I look through the little hole to try to find the shift adjust I cant find the set screw. I see the one for the reverse adjuster and the spot where I think the shift adjust goes but I cant see the screw. So if any one has any Idea why I dont have 2nd gear let me know.
If it is not shifting then he may have moved the shifting screw when he took it apart or he may have put the shifter in backwards. You should hear the truck shift to second. The only other thing is that it shifts to early and you are not hearing it. Look at the manual and you will see that you have to go at the adjuster screw at an angle.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:56 PM
wave waker

HELP

oooppss! hope the lhs didn't put the clutch in reverse when putting it back,, btw, check the manual for better orientation of inside the tranny,,there's two allen screw inside, the one is bigger that go on a straight way the other one is smaller and slanting, the small one is what u need to adjust, to shift it sooner it needs to adjust by turning counterclockwise just like loosening...i used flashlight sometimes to see it...

to find the screw btw, while looking at the hole try to spin the spur gear until u hit the slot then hold the spur gear while rolling the truck forward in a very slow movement until u see the small screw in a slanting orientation, then starting adjusting...
Old 02-18-2008, 08:14 PM
richwill1

HELP

ssllc902,

I installed a forward only shaft in my WH also, and now can't fine the shift adjust screw either. The output shaft is now locked and you can't rotate it to find the shift screw like the manual says. So come on guys what's wrong with our setups???? Please help!

Rich
Old 02-18-2008, 08:23 PM
fordaholic72

Yeah. I did all that twice on all the shocks. I had found a set of shocks from another truck that I think would fit, but I can't remember what they were for. Maybe I will just rebuild the leaky ones again and see if they will quit leaking. Thanks for the replies.

Steve
Old 02-18-2008, 08:37 PM
ssllc902

i am pretty sure its not shifting to soon it has 2 much power and not enough speed.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:21 PM
davido666

I have taken apart and replace the oneway bearing and the shaft. Make sure you read the directions for the FOC conversion. It is possible to put the two speed gear back together wrong. There is a small raised edge on the shifter and it can be put in backwards. The lip has to go on first for the two speed clutch. I would suggest taking the tranny apart and rechecking the work.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:41 PM
schlags62

HELP

I did the same thing, the collar that has that adjustment screw in it is on backwards. You will have to tear your tranny out (or take it back to who did it) and flip that around.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:40 PM
ssllc902

ORIGINAL: davido666

I have taken apart and replace the oneway bearing and the shaft. Make sure you read the directions for the FOC conversion. It is possible to put the two speed gear back together wrong. There is a small raised edge on the shifter and it can be put in backwards. The lip has to go on first for the two speed clutch. I would suggest taking the tranny apart and rechecking the work.
directions? what directions? The FOC only came with one piece of paper and that was just an exploded parts view. Are directions somewhere? Damit I should of done it my self so I know wht to look for.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:29 AM
rcbeep73

DuraTrax Warhead EVO RTR
Save $50 While Quantities Last.

that's it tower is selling off the warhead.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:47 AM
ALFFA164

ORIGINAL: wave waker

Wavewaker, any idea if Integy MSR8 for Tmaxx would work??? Those are the only ones I think might work. Any other ideas???? I also want to change the stock shocks!

ORIGINAL: fordaholic72

Steve

did u try changing the shock seal and piston kit and o-ring?? it's pretty cheap way to go before getting new set..

i'm really want those piggyback shocks made by either imex, integy and cen....one of these days i'l get it.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:58 AM
keeblerelf

My advice is to stay away from anything Integy makes. I had the piggybacks on my Jato and some alum parts and they were just junk. The piggybacks did nothing but leak and performed very poorly, and the alum bent at will on small jumps.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:15 AM
rcbeep73

yes stay away. some stuff is ok if you want looks but my bud son got the piggybacks for his savage and kept bending the shock shaft.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:21 AM
rcbeep73

well it's around 10:30 am and around 43 deg. so it's time to run my warhead for the 1st time with all the mods i have done. nothing crazy just the foc, aluminum steering, racing steering kit, aluminum diff cups and pack the diff in hpi heavy duty grease. i also shim the diff with one of ofnas shim washers. it helps keeo the orings tight and to stop leaking. plus i have the k4.6 hpi engine in with the roto start. i will let you guys now how it goes if it does go. wish me luck.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67525.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	883026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48502.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	883027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc80098.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	883028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh11814.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	883029  
Old 02-19-2008, 10:23 AM
davido666

directions? what directions? The FOC only came with one piece of paper and that was just an exploded parts view. Are directions somewhere? Damit I should of done it my self so I know wht to look for.
Here is the download page with the FOC directions.

http://www.duratrax.com/pdf/index.html

Miscellaneous
Warhead forward only kit pdf
Old 02-19-2008, 10:28 AM
davido666

Well I took my truck out yesterday to test out my mods.
Axial 32
Aluminum clutch shoes
Ht exhaust
Aftershock tires
metal spur gear and hardened clutch bell

The thing went like a rocket even though it was only 2 degrees C out. Can't wait for warmer weather so I can stay out longer.[>:]
Old 02-19-2008, 10:34 AM
rcbeep73

i had that .32 in my savage and it was realy nice. so how do you like it in the warhead. will it pull the front wheels off the ground. how about the power does it take off hard or give more top end. if i don't like the hpi engine in the WH i might put one of those in.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:50 AM
jayman11

Well I took my truck out yesterday to test out my mods.
Axial 32
Aluminum clutch shoes
Ht exhaust
Aftershock tires
metal spur gear and hardened clutch bell

The thing went like a rocket even though it was only 2 degrees C out. Can't wait for warmer weather so I can stay out longer.[>:]
Was that 32 a direct drop in or did you have to do a lot to get it in there?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:55 AM
muck76

so i see Towers is having a close out sale on these for 300, is this truck worth it? CAn it handle some bashing in stock form? At school and i have not had the time to look threw all the pages on this truck. I have been trying to save for a Terror but this has more and a better engine for the same price as long as towers still stocks parts....
Old 02-19-2008, 01:33 PM
keeblerelf

ORIGINAL: muck76

so i see Towers is having a close out sale on these for 300, is this truck worth it? CAn it handle some bashing in stock form? At school and i have not had the time to look threw all the pages on this truck. I have been trying to save for a Terror but this has more and a better engine for the same price as long as towers still stocks parts....

I'm pretty sure that the Warhead parts will be the same as the new truck they're releasing later this month:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXTXF6**&P=7

They look exactly the same, but we'll get a better idea when the parts list is released.

As far as the Warhead goes with bashing.. I've dropped it from some pretty steep slopes (12 feet or so) and the only thing I've broken was the engine mount. The Super Tigre engine that it comes with, however, is basically trash. I still have it in mine and I do nothing but complain about how hard it is to keep in tune. It'll be replaced as soon as I get a little more income!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:57 PM
yamahadude157
My Feedback: (1)

Hey muck its actually on sale for $275 you get another 25 off on order over $200. I am ordering one !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.