RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Anyone own a Warhead?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:34 PM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone own a Warhead?

if i had to do it all over again i would buy a revo, this thing is a whole lot of agrivation and if you dont like workin on your trucks this aint the truck for you although when it is running its awesome!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 05:31 PM
keeblerelf

Since I put 40 series tires on my WH, the steering servo doesn't seem to want to turn the wheels as well, especially in grass. Is there some setting I can adjust to get it to hold the steer better? Or is there a good high torque servo that I can upgrade to? Preferably one that's not 100 bucks =)
Old 02-19-2008, 05:37 PM
motodude11

look on ebay and look up traxxas 2070 servo has 125oz of torque and .18 sec speed also do aluminum bellcrank and drag link.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:37 PM
wave waker

[quote]ORIGINAL: muck76

so i see Towers is having a close out sale on these for 300, is this truck worth it? CAn it handle some bashing in stock form? At school and i have not had the time to look threw all the pages on this truck. I have been trying to save for a Terror but this has more and a better engine for the same price as long as towers still stocks parts....
[/quote

nope, unless u have plan to upgrade it as soon as u got it, and u'l be lucky if u can tune the engine,,my 2 cents..

rcbeep73, clean lookin' warhead even without bumper[sm=thumbup.gif],,let us know how that engine perform...
Old 02-19-2008, 05:41 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: ALFFA164

ORIGINAL: wave waker

Wavewaker, any idea if Integy MSR8 for Tmaxx would work??? Those are the only ones I think might work. Any other ideas???? I also want to change the stock shocks!

ORIGINAL: fordaholic72

Don't post much here, but I read daily. I have an original Warhead. Still a work in progress. It is my first nitro, so I have learned a lot. Anyway, one thing I have been having trouble keeping right is I can't get the shocks to stop springing leaks. I have rebuilt them all twice, and after a while of running some start leaking again. Usually only two or three start leaking. I have not kept track to see if it is the same ones though. Everything looked good when I would put them together, no burrs on the shafts or anything like that. Anyone else have any problems with theirs leaking? What have you done to fix the leaking if it was a recurring problem? Has anyone used a different shock on the truck and had better luck? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve

did u try changing the shock seal and piston kit and o-ring?? it's pretty cheap way to go before getting new set..

i'm really want those piggyback shocks made by either imex, integy and cen....one of these days i'l get it.

i been hearing peeps talkin bout keep away from integy piggyback shock, that's keep me holding from getting it,,,the imex piggyback is kinda pricey though....
Old 02-19-2008, 05:47 PM
rcbeep73

well went to run my warhead and i broke my starting wond. o well just need to get another one and run it. i must of flooded the engine. there is always next week end.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:47 PM
davido666

ORIGINAL: jayman11

ORIGINAL: davido666

Well I took my truck out yesterday to test out my mods.
Axial 32
Aluminum clutch shoes
Ht exhaust
Aftershock tires
metal spur gear and hardened clutch bell

The thing went like a rocket even though it was only 2 degrees C out. Can't wait for warmer weather so I can stay out longer.[>:]
Was that 32 a direct drop in or did you have to do a lot to get it in there?
It was very easy to install. All I needed was an sg nut, ofna shim kit, and a different set of clutch bearings. The motor fit into the same motor mount and the sg shaft had plenty of clearance on the tranny. You can you use the stock header and exhaust but they rob the engine of power. That is why I put on the HT pipe that I bought off ebay and I noticed a huge difference. I was using the stock exhaust on the Axial but it wasn't much faster then the super pooper. The clutch bell and spur gear lined up perfect. I would even recommend buying a new exhaust and see how the super pooper runs with a better pipe. I wish I had bought the new exhaust and tried it first just for a reference. I still like the axial it has a lot of power.

I like my warhead so I am not sorry I bought the truck. All you have to do is install a few upgraded parts and off you go.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:55 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: keeblerelf

Since I put 40 series tires on my WH, the steering servo doesn't seem to want to turn the wheels as well, especially in grass. Is there some setting I can adjust to get it to hold the steer better? Or is there a good high torque servo that I can upgrade to? Preferably one that's not 100 bucks =)
what i did mine, i took off the steering plate from the steering knuckles then replace a longer steering rod and attached it directly to the steering knucle,,,u might have rubbing issue inside the rim but little adjustment can fix it..u'l see big difference.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25613.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	883311   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74684.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	883312  
Old 02-19-2008, 05:59 PM
keeblerelf

ORIGINAL: wave waker

what i did mine, i took off the steering plate from the steering knuckles then replace a longer steering rod and attached it directly to the steering knucle,,,u might have rubbing issue inside the rim but little adjustment can fix it..u'l see big difference.

That's pretty much what the race steering kit does, which is what I have. What I mean is that the servo doesn't appear to have the power to turn the wheels, or at least keep them turned, as well in grassy areas.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:00 PM
jayman11

It was very easy to install. All I needed was an sg nut, ofna shim kit, and a different set of clutch bearings. The motor fit into the same motor mount and the sg shaft had plenty of clearance on the tranny. You can you use the stock header and exhaust but they rob the engine of power. That is why I put on the HT pipe that I bought off ebay and I noticed a huge difference. I was using the stock exhaust on the Axial but it wasn't much faster then the super pooper. The clutch bell and spur gear lined up perfect. I would even recommend buying a new exhaust and see how the super pooper runs with a better pipe. I wish I had bought the new exhaust and tried it first just for a reference. I still like the axial it has a lot of power.

I like my warhead so I am not sorry I bought the truck. All you have to do is install a few upgraded parts and off you go.
Ok cool...i'm eyeing one of those up on ebay or maybe even an OS 30. Got 2 helis up for trade if anyone wants to trade an OS 30.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:05 PM
schlags62

I have been looking at some on ebay, if you search for MG995 in servos there are a few. It says 15kcm which I figured out is 208oz and cheap. Of coarse the shipping from Hong kong is more than the servo!
Old 02-19-2008, 07:19 PM
davido666

ORIGINAL: schlags62

I have been looking at some on ebay, if you search for MG995 in servos there are a few. It says 15kcm which I figured out is 208oz and cheap. Of coarse the shipping from Hong kong is more than the servo!
I bought those on ebay and I have one in my warhead because I burnt out the original when I got water in it. Make sure you servo saver is not to loose. That will cause poor steering if the spring is set to loose. I bought 2 of the servos for .99 cents and 17.00 shipping.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:43 PM
wave waker

somehow the the glow plug thread in the cooling head of my OS .30 vg got stripped, so i can't run it for a week or more maybe[], the good thing is the engine has a 2 year warranty, so i called the warranty dept. they told me to send it back,,hoping for replacement...

hmmmmp! [sm=idea.gif]if i get bored waiting i might dig my super pooper and give a chance to run it...
Old 02-19-2008, 09:17 PM
schlags62

ORIGINAL: davido666

ORIGINAL: schlags62

I bought those on ebay and I have one in my warhead because I burnt out the original when I got water in it. Make sure you servo saver is not to loose. That will cause poor steering if the spring is set to loose. I bought 2 of the servos for .99 cents and 17.00 shipping.
Do you actually think they feel like 208oz?
Old 02-19-2008, 09:49 PM
jbb

i just got my tower magazene and man that rtx looks nice!!!!! hope most parts fit the wh
Old 02-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Tom W78

Well, looks like Tower is all sold out of the Warhead. While I was ordering the green one, they only had green, purple and white, by the time my order was complete the purple was out of stock. I checked back an hour later and the other two were gone too. And I was thinking about waiting till the end of the week! I hope they really had mine in stock.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:53 PM
yamahadude157

I hear ya I got in a little earlier though. I wanted blue that was sold out first ,so I got red. After i ordered mine the red went out of stock and soon after they all went ? I guess thats the end of that. I have never seen something sell out like that. Hopefully we get em ! Oh bye the way thanks to all your post I have ordered the parts that break regularly like tie rod ends, servo saver,spur gear and I got the race steering kit. Sounds like some times you need your own parts store for these things, but i have never owned one and I am pretty good to my toys so it shouldn't be an issue.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:24 PM
voodoo427

hey guys ive decided to sell my warhead

duratrax warhead roller no tires or body. has been converted over to 17mm hex hubs. have a ton of spare parts. asking 120$ plus buyer to pay all shipping costs...

pics are located here. http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/c...rhead%20parts/

all the diffs are complete that are included with the spare stuff.....
Old 02-20-2008, 01:13 PM
jayman11

Anyone running an OS 30 in their Warhead? I'm trying to figure out whether it is going to need to be pullstart or if there is a way to use the kwik pit deal off the back on it?
Old 02-20-2008, 01:41 PM
McFly505

Just got an email from Tower on the Warhead close out.

Guess Hobbico finally got tired of losing $$$$$ on that deal.

Scott
Old 02-20-2008, 02:29 PM
yamahadude157

There seems to be some warheads available again at tower ,limited quantities in green and purple, if anyone is interested.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Shagdog421

I received the email yesterday. When I seen they were selling them for $299.99 I ordered the yellow one. Won`t get it till the end of the month though. No big deal
Old 02-20-2008, 03:32 PM
hawk 2

Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the Evo and the RT-X, besides the price, body and wheels??
Old 02-20-2008, 04:08 PM
wave waker

[quote]ORIGINAL: hawk 2

Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the Evo and the RT-X, besides the price, body and wheels??
[/quote

the way the pics of rt-x looks is more on racing set-up, use different tires, lowered it, which is doable on evo,,,in short pretty much the same,,,if they change the engine on rt-x probably it's a big difference, my 2 cents..
Old 02-20-2008, 04:39 PM
yamahadude157

in addition the rt-x will have no reverse and the engine number is different it still a .27 but its .27cs instead of the warhead .27 cx No idea what that amounts to its still a supertigre .27

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.