Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

I just picked up a savage rtr for 200 bucks

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I just picked up a savage rtr for 200 bucks

Old 12-29-2005, 10:44 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just picked up a savage rtr for 200 bucks

a guy down the road was big into rc cars for about 2 months and we drove alot, he bought this savage and a few others, this savage has only about half a gallon through it, it was trashed though, fuel tank was broken and it was filthy, the cooling head is banged up and the body was beat all to hell, he played with it for about 3 weeks and lost total intrest in rc cars, he drove the hell out of it, he just said **** it and put full throttle off of anythign he could find, so some stuff is bent and broken, when he was at my house 2 months ago he broke the fuel tank on my quarter pipe, its been sitting since

so he was like you can have everything for 200 bucks, came with roto start and charger and everything, ive been working on it for about 4 hours now, cleaning and making it pretty, adjusting, replacing lost screws, its now ready to get a fuel tank tomorrow and a glow plug and be started up and driven, ive bent the body back pretty much straight and just painted it black to make it look decent,

ILL POST PICS LATER, but this truck is nice now, it looks brand new and with less than half a gallon including 9 tanks for break in, i got a steal
Old 12-30-2005, 12:33 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: I just picked up a savage rtr for 200 bucks

Ouchie, poor Savage! I picked mine up for half of that, and mine had 1 tank through it. It had no radio or throttle servo, but it had a HS-645 MG steering servo. It also included the rotostart. I must say that was a pretty good deal. Is it the 25 or 21? Now I bought a LST with 1 gallon through it for 300. It even included 2 quarts of fuel
Old 12-30-2005, 01:33 AM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

its got the .25, im about to buy his hot bodies lightning all aluminum monster truck for only 250, bam and its only got break in through it, i cant believe you got a savage that cheap, ive never paid full price fora brand new rc car, never felt the need because with a little times and research you cna get alot better deal
Old 12-30-2005, 03:11 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Yeah. I checked the number on the LST, and it is number 259, so I was like,"F***", because he had put around 1 gallon through it, and it has the washer of doom in it. Took it apart, and found the washer still alive. That would have sucked. Sadly I had to order 64 bux of parts to get the thing fixed. Of couse I go a few extras. An entire chassis, 20 bux. Both bulkheads, and the aluminum hinge pin holders, 12.49. Then new bumpers.