Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

cen nemesis is a beast

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Cainlord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cen nemesis is a beast

Anyone have first hand experiences with the Nemesis and can state how they like it for racing? Also, how does it compare to a race ready LST?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:23 PM
blackrain

i havent raced my nemesis yet but i did run it at the track and must i say this truck is very nimble it takes the rough sections of the track as if it wasnt there and flys very leveled and the front and rear break alows it to corner very well. handles very well plus the biggest factor about this truck is the center diff wich is a huge plus like the truggys.havent raced any lst but it would be a good matchup. but the nemesis has a few option in its favor like center diff front and rear break and must i say the parts are deffenetly beffier and stronger so you know youl finish the race. also this truck was designed around a 5hp engine so you know it will handle whatever you throw at it.whether you want to run a .32 engine or a high reving .28 race engine for more top end. the truck was designed to give you that option. i would say the lst2 and the nemesis are the 2 best rtr packages out right know as far as coming with good electronics and strong parts
Old 01-10-2006, 10:26 PM
blackrain

i havent raced my nemesis yet but i did run it at the track and must i say this truck is very nimble it takes the rough sections of the track as if it wasnt there and flys very leveled and the front and rear break alows it to corner very well. handles very well plus the biggest factor about this truck is the center diff wich is a huge plus like the truggys.havent raced any lst but it would be a good matchup. but the nemesis has a few option in its favor like center diff front and rear break and must i say the parts are deffenetly beffier and stronger so you know youl finish the race. also this truck was designed around a 5hp engine so you know it will handle whatever you throw at it.whether you want to run a .32 engine or a high reving .28 race engine for more top end. the truck was designed to give you that option. i would say the lst2 and the nemesis are the 2 best rtr packages out right know as far as coming with good electronics and strong parts
Old 01-10-2006, 10:39 PM
skarecrow

Hey blackrain did you have any problems starting your Nemesis? I attempted to start the break-in process on my Nemesis last weekend, couldn't get the dang thing to start. First glow plug was bad, replaced it still no go. Did you need to mess with your carb settings? I am going to try again this weekend any ideas? Can't wait to get it going.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:45 PM
Genesis_twin

skarecrow,

according to the PDF on CEN's website the factory sets the needles for breaking in the engine but never do say what they are? Here is the link:
[link=http://www.cenracing.com/cars/genesis/nx76_engine_set_and_tuning_instruction.pdf]nx76_engine_set_and_tuning_instruction.pdf[/link]

Was it turning over ok?

I see you are in Fremont, me too, are you signed up at the track they put in at the RC airport? I would love to compare my modded Genesis with a Nemesis. PM me if you want.

Just found this in the CEN forum:

"do you know the factory setting for the low speed screw on the carb?

low needle flush
high needle 3.5 - 4 turns out
idle screw set so the opening is about 1mm

Also, be sure to check that the nipple on the tuned pipe where the pressure line attaches is clear of obstructions. Seems like a bunch of the latest batch of Genesis trucks have too much thread sealant on this fitting and it goops up the inside preventing the exhaust from properly pressurizing the tank..."
Old 01-11-2006, 01:28 AM
michelob78

I had to loosen the glow plug to fire mine up, the compression killed the factory installed plug [>:] completely deformed the coil. You only need to loosen it just enough to let a little compression out, soon as it fires up make sure you tighten it down. Should only have to do this once.....
Old 01-11-2006, 03:09 AM
Jman44

I'm still on my stock glow plug with my Genny lol.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:09 AM
Supertronic Systems-Malta

You must open the glow plug because the 46 CEN engine has alot of compression,keep
opening the plug every time you start your engine until you run a gallon of fuel.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Cainlord

Thanks for the info.

I had an LST1 and I liked it but tuning it was a pain as it would always bounce around on the temperatures so I decided to drop nitro for now but the CEN line of racing vehicles has me VERY interested.

The LST1 looked like it was the best of both worlds at the time for bashing and racing and I didn't consider the CEN Genesis from the previous issues I had hear about and I wasn't sure about it being top heavy as its CG looks higher than the LST1.

Does the nemesis feel as if its higher CG is an issue (like a savage when racing) or is this a non issue?

How easy is it to work on this vehicle and how easy is the engine to tune?

I hate pullstarters, how much does going with the drill start backplate cost and would it be compatible with the losi starter wand?

What all comes with the truck out of the box and what all should I buy?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make the right choice this time.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:40 PM
skarecrow

Thanks Genesis_Twin, My next post was going to be about local bashing spots and tracks. I have just relocated to the area from IL. Can you send me some info on the track you mentioned? I have never raced but would like to run on a track. Are there any clubs in the area? I am a newbie to nitro, can't wait to get it running.

I have great compression as others have mentioned I need to loosen the glow plug to ease the pull. The carb settings seemed to have been set real rich,

7 turns out for high
2 turns out from flush for low

I know it needs to be rich for the break-in, but I am thinking maybe this is too much? I may call CEN support this weekend to get the correct settings for break-in and try again. Here's to hoping the rain stays away. I will aslo check the nipple on the pipe.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:53 PM
bmauney

I'm currently using the Tiger drive and a 18 volt drill to start my big .46 and completely eliminated the pull start all together.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:03 AM
blackrain

ALL I DID WAS CRACK THE GLOW PLUG and it fired for me high speed is set very rich i didnt even need to touch the low speed once i started running it each tank little by little i kept leaning the high speed needle . this is what cen recomended they said the low speed is basicaly set from factory. when i did try to lean bottom i would just burn up plugs i just kept leaning top little by little till i got it over 200 degreese
Old 01-12-2006, 11:31 AM
skarecrow

Blackrain, Can you tell me what your low setting is from flush?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Cainlord

Does the nemesis come with an electronic fail safe as well as a throttle return spring? Saw a fail safe unit up on ebay stated as coming from a nemesis truck and wanted to confirm.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:41 PM
CEN Racing

Nemesis 7.7 does not have the failsafe, Genesis is the only truck includes the failsafe
Old 01-12-2006, 09:52 PM
skarecrow

My Nemesis came with a Skyion safeguard, I thought this was a failsafe? I can't find any documentation on it. Can you enlighten me? When I power up the transmitter and receiver the indicator light is red. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:46 AM
Supertronic Systems-Malta

skarecrow,

The Skyion Safeguard is a failsafe,when you swicth your radio off it will work by moving the servo onto
brake.hope this helps

chris
Old 01-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Cainlord

Thats the brand I was seeing online being sold seperate.

With the radio I got coming in it has a failsafe built into the receiver so I am going to use that for now.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:21 PM
blackrain

the nemesis does come with a failsafe called safeguard but it doesnt come with a throttle return spring my low speed sticks out a little more than flush ive never turned it all the way in and counted how many turns it is but it sticks out a little more than flush at least one turn or a half. i dont know why that guy from cen said it doesnt come with a fail safe when it does
Old 01-13-2006, 04:27 PM
blackrain

im running a o.s. 8 plug in my engine these are my favorite plugs and i broke my engine in on 30% nitro makes engine run cooler + more power + easier to tune with.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:32 PM
blackrain

you should get your self a hump pack battery pack for the steering if you dont have one already. eventually i might get a airtronics 359 servo for steering 200 oz of torque some time down the line
Old 01-13-2006, 07:56 PM
nmfiredawg

I still crack my plug after a gallon. Am using MC59's, helps with the pull starter. My buddy got a 1500 mah battery that wont turn it if the plug is not loosened. Just remember to tighten it We did that today and half way through a run it came out. My fault I forgot to tell him I loosened if for him.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Haldir

Any broken parts guys?
Old 01-25-2006, 08:13 PM
skarecrow

Not for me, although I just finished breaking it in.

Blackrain, what part number for the battery pack you are using?
Old 01-25-2006, 09:42 PM
blackrain

i use a hump pack you can get one from your local hobby shop so far the truck has bin amazing but i did have i breakadge i came down and landed on one wheel my rear left and broke axle at drive pin. so far im not shore if this is a week link or just a rear fluke accident waiting on my new axle to come in on thursday and i will continue to beat the snot out of it. plus i will be putting my airtronics 358 servo on it for stronger steering. but i must say i really enjoy this truck. i cant stop thinking about driving it again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.