Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

morgan fuel with afterrun oil in it.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

morgan fuel with afterrun oil in it.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 12:02 AM
jombo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default morgan fuel with afterrun oil in it.

i juct got some sidewinder race fuel (morgan fuel) 20%, 10% oil . the container says do not use after run oil because it has rust inhibitors in it. i have been using trinity with the same ingredients and when i do use after run oil it runs richer for a few min then settles back to normal. i'm just guessing here but if some fuels that have this in them does it mean that you can go a longer period without adding after run oil and not harm the engine. this would also explane the pink color of the engine fuel, trinity, morgan, wildcat fuels. also i've found that a lower oil content has given me a more constant tune and so far havent tuned my engine in about a year and runs consistent every time with the above fuels.has anyone else found the same results? i've tried odonnel and others with high oil content (16%to 18%) and i had tough time to tune.i'll still use afterrun oil (at the moment i ran out) but i think this is also why the fuel costs more.i'm still alittle confused about adding extra oil to a motor when i started this hobby years ago, because when you go run it isnt the oil still in the engine and wont it be more susesable to hydrolock when you go start it at a later date?need more info on after run oil and fuel with it because if thats the case then its just one less thing to buy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40509.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	389928   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94925.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	389929  
Old 01-20-2006, 03:30 PM
speedracer1129

Default RE: morgan fuel with afterrun oil in it.

hey jombo,

you need to use after run oil regardless! even though the fuel has rust inhibitors, there is still nitro left in the engine. nitro is a big rust producer so you need to make sure you run the engine completely out of fuel to prevent any nitro from remaining in the engine. then follow it up with a good quality after run oil!

as far as your oil content remark, here is the scoop. the "pink" is from the oil color. i use Maxy's Fuel and it is the same in color. the difference between maxy's and o'donnells is that odon only contains synthetic oil. that is why the oil content is so high and they make your engine run hotter. maxy's is a 10% oil blend because it uses both synthetic AND castor oil. the castor is alot thicker so the fuel needs less oil and the castor makes your engine run cooler
Old 01-20-2006, 04:04 PM
RCtruckRacer

O'Donnell's fuel is a mixture of synthetic and castor oils. It is one of the better fuels that is available to most everyone.

Racers will appreciate the synthetic/castor oil mix for smoother idling and acceleration, and the special lubricants that deliver high thermal stability, advantages that have made O'Donnell a highly respected name in R/C racing.
-From Duratax's website. It is also not high in oils, I believe it contains 12%. They 'advertise' that it works like it has 18%. I have never had a problem tuning with it.

I do agree with speed that you should continue to use after run oil. besides helping to prevent rust, it also helps lube the internals before starting. I usually put a couple of drops in before I start - as well as at the end of the day. I am sure that the extra oil will cause a tuing problem at first, but I really don't do too much tuning until I've run a bit anyway. No sense trying to tune when the engine is still cold.

The main reason I use this fuel is because that is what is most widely available to me. My LHS only carries that, Traxxas Top Fuel and Blue Chunder. I don't think O'Donnells is the best mind you, but its not bad either. If Rocket Science were available, I would use that.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:22 PM
jombo

agreed, nitro is a collecter of moisture,i knew somthing was up with that, and yes i also put afterrun oil in befor and after i run it since i usually check the plug befor i start it anyway.thanks for the replys.just to make sure thats not a typo on the fuel i'm going to call them to see whats up. thanks again.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Haulin bass

DO NOT USE AFTER RUN OIL WITH SIDEWINDER, did ya get that it says it on the bottle for a reason.It will just gum up your engine if a fuel is allready built to dispell moister why gunk it up? There is after run oil blended into the fuel why is this so hard for people to understand, they tell you not to use to much of the drop in ARO but you dont think if you fuel has it the same doesnt apply?
Ive been a sidewinder user for years and never use ARO and my engines are spotless, just pull the fuel lines and start the engine up untill it runs out of fuel in the crankcase and then set it away.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:04 PM
jombo

i'll test it out, ill put some in a 2oz jar with come metal in it and see what happens.if it collects moisture and rusts or if it sluges over like most nitros do i"ll add aftrerun oil if not i do what the bottle says. and yes i"ll still call just to get more info. trinity and traxx and wildcat say the same thing but dont say not to use aro.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87684.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	391685  
Old 01-20-2006, 06:07 PM
RCtruckRacer

You could just put in some Marvel Mystery Oil after running. If you run your engine every week, ARO and sidewinder is probably a bad idea.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:38 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

LSTracer, I use rocketscience fuel. What you do you like about it?
Old 01-20-2006, 08:13 PM
RCtruckRacer

I've never used it Mayhem, but its been recommended by many people, some of which I even trust! . if I remember correctly (I'm old give me a break) Ron Paris gave it his endorsement.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:35 PM
shupid

after run oil is just a huge scam.
if an engine has rust inhibiters and there is no nitro in it, dont use those crappy oils, it actually lowers proformance over time, i know this because as soon as i used the oil it roached the engine, but if you put the oil in the gas tank with out the "anti rust" formula and i mean 1drop, it will do.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:59 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used Sidewinder 16% (with the "rust inhibitor") and left an engine for two weeks after running it. When i returned there was a thin coat of rust on the internals. It required a full tear down to get rid of it all.

If you are storing an engine, you are not going to damage it by using after run oil.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:36 AM
rcheliflyer01

I belived the label and initially did not use after run in my nitro motors, ended up with short bearing life
and premature repairs to my motors, mainly heli.
While no after run may work for some it did'nt work for me and I use after run and purge out all my motors
when I'm done for the day, a noticable difference in time between bearing replacement.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:47 AM
shupid

i put after run oil and midas touch additive to the front berring and it seems to last longer, same thing with cluch bearings. i found my 2 week old cluch bearing that flew off in the street, added midas touch to it and it still lives on.. it actually lasted longer than one of my new bearings with out that stuff.

time to time i will apply midas touch to all the internals, and i use it as filter oil, get midas touch instead of after run, its like prolong for nitro engines.

and uhh, im using cool power for my .12 truck engine, is that ok, its intended for helli and planes. i like it better than odonnall though.