Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Picco .26 max quirk

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 01:44 PM
dISCOdAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picco .26 max quirk

I need some help rc wizards.. I'm a little new to nitro engines, but very familiar with 2-stroke engines.
I have a Picco .26 max in my revo, and it has a strange running problem. My engine seems to run great untill i give it full throttle, at which point it just cuts out, I can quickly let go of, or ease off the throttle and it doesnt stall... it just doesnt like being wide open.
Now, it does this hot, or cold, and no needle adjustments seem to affect this problem. To be able to run the truck, I backed off the collar on the throttle linkage so it only opens about 3/4 throttle and there is no problem.
Here are some pics: (the first one is with the collar backed off to where it will run ok at wot. the second is the real wot i want to acheive)... anyone know what i might be facing or have any tips for what i could try to solve this? I'd really apreciate the help.. Ofna doesn't seem to want to help me on this.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95818.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	391576   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84538.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	391577  
Old 01-20-2006, 03:44 PM
rshooch

Default RE: Picco .26 max quirk

only thing i can think of is a messed up glow plug or your lsn is to rich/lean. try the fuel tube pinch test and see what happens.. other than that i dont know.... mine had a problem kinda like that but it turned out to be my lsn.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Knotmaster

You have the silver HSN thats not good. You should contact OFNA and get them to send you the black ones!
Old 04-15-2006, 12:48 AM
dISCOdAN

The problem was a leaking front bearing, it's on the shelf now.... I'm running a Sirio 23 in my Revo now