RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

REVO rev Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 01:12 AM
4 stroken ron
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVO rev Question

I saw several guys racing (not bashing) with there REVOS.. I Like it a lot. I thought the trucks Vere very fast and handled well. All the ones I observed were using their reversers and the funky little hand plugin electric starter. It all seemed good to me.
And then I read things about taking reverse out and getting rid of the shift module. Why is that some guys want to remove the reverse even when other guys are using it, and liking it? If I decide to get a MT one of the reasons I would get one is for the 2 speed and reverse. I guess that leades me to a REVO.
Thanks
Ron
Old 01-30-2006, 02:13 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: REVO rev Question

Unfortunately, the reverse in the Revo's transmission is a weak-link to an otherwise bullet-proof transmission. Many racers do the Forward only conversion because reverse isn't allowed in racing... and it lightens up the truck by a few ounces... and creates less rotating mass within the transmission. Reverse has worked for many people. I had it for quite a while (until it stripped out from a bad landing WOT) I decided to take the reverse gear out... and run it without... it ran so well, and I didn't miss reverse... so, I did the actual FOC mod... reverse gears are relatively cheap... and mine lasted almost 6 months, I think... of hard jumping and bashing... the little wand thing you saw was the EZ-start wand. It allows you to only have to carry one thing when starting your truck. Some people love it... some people hate it.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:18 AM
4 stroken ron

At the two tracks I race at they allow reverse (club racing) in MT and any novice class. they just tell everyone not to use reverse in the "race". When reverse goes out, will it still allow you to go forward? Or is the whole transmission inoperative?
Thanks
Ron
Old 01-30-2006, 01:29 PM
RenegadeRevo

When mine went out... the teeth were flying around... and it made my truck act funny, however I could still drive it. I yanked the tranny apart... and found the teeth getting into the forward gears.... but, it was still drivable.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:24 PM
4 stroken ron

Seems like you did the right thing. Those teeth flinging around in there would probably do more damage.
Well $#1+ the reverse transmission was one of the reasons I preferred the REVO. Now I must rethink the whole deal. Although the REVO still might be my best bet, because the first reason for getting a MT is to race.
Bashing is 2nd.
Thanks for your help
Ron.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:50 PM
A.B.U

REVO or LST2. You pick. Top 2 out there right now.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:04 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: 4 stroken ron

Seems like you did the right thing. Those teeth flinging around in there would probably do more damage.
Well $#1+ the reverse transmission was one of the reasons I preferred the REVO. Now I must rethink the whole deal. Although the REVO still might be my best bet, because the first reason for getting a MT is to race.
Bashing is 2nd.
Thanks for your help
Ron.
Don't let that deter you from a great truck. Like I said... I used reverse for 5-6 months before it finally crapped out on me due to a harsh landing that flipped it into reverse... LOL the reverse gears are about $6-7 ... I would have put it back in if I hadn't found that I could do without it...