Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Official Gen/Nemisis Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 11:25 AM
jombo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Gen/Nemisis Thread

when i read your post it sounded to me that you were going to get the nemisis hell or highwater lol. you wont be dissapointed in its performance for that matter either. i dont have one but its pretty much like the genisis in size and hp. the only difference is the 2 speed, no reverse, and it comes with aluminum front and rear diff covers. i liked the nemisis myself but the reason i got the genny is that i can remove the 5th spring, and their the same price with less parts. besides i can get the xtm's rims with a 17mm hub or now i can use the hellfire wheels( the thinner the tire the faster it goes lol.).that is one mod i would do when you get the nemisis, it may help you not break axle stubs so easily.
and thankyou for your reply, i need to go buy more blades for the cutoff chop saw. there i a video on the this forum when they did the review on the nemisis. but yea, those are the only vids that i know about.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:16 PM
blackrain

i just checked out that vid ON RCU the nemesis was doing it hopefully these guys will realize what ive bin saying all along the nemesis is amazing I HAVE to try and bring out the nemesis and mgt this weekend i havent run my trucks in like 3 weeks talk about being busy. this week i just came out of hospital had a real bad asthma attack talk about scary
Old 03-10-2006, 03:27 PM
jombo

dude thats not good. i hope everythings ok, i personally think thats a reason to buy another monster truck .
Old 03-10-2006, 03:41 PM
blackrain

IM DOING A LITTLE BETTER KNOW WONT RETURN TO WORK TILL NEXT WEEK they got me taking all these different medications. plus im still pritty week. dont think ill be getting any new mt anytime soon. just want to upgrade what i have will be going to pick up a few hopups for the revo today since its the only mt that i have that still needs upgrades.ever thought about trying a different pipe on genesis
Old 03-10-2006, 03:52 PM
michelob78

I have heard the vantage carbon pipe works pretty good with the .46...
Old 03-11-2006, 07:36 AM
fastlane7

Thanks for your reply "J", and your right! I researched like crazy but kept ending up back @ cen's site. I got a pretty good deal on ebay, 510.99 with shipping. I have access to a machine shop so I'm gonna make a set of stub shafts out of tool steel. They should be simple enough and I could make some for anyone who's interested. I figure my first couple of mods will be reverse, failsafe and servo. I'm surprised at how few vids there are of this truck. I know mine will be up there soon! It's in the 60's all weekend so I'm gonna beat the maxx and try to wait patiently for my neme!! Puts a whole new meaning on the phrase "what can brown do for you?"
Blackrain.....hope your OK dude. you don't realize how important is is to breath until you can't!
Thanks for your help guys!!
Old 03-11-2006, 10:44 AM
jombo

in the cen forum someone had a batt problem and the failsafe didnt work. i would recommend putting a throttle return spring on. i put one on mine the other day for just such an emergency.its for if in the event that you loose the batt, the throttle return spring will overpower the servo and return the engine to idle.i used a spare that came with the savage but you can make your own. the home depot in the lawnmower sec or inthe hardware sec have springs just cut them to size.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74720.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	424131   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84859.jpg
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	424132  
Old 03-11-2006, 01:57 PM
jombo

i i i i i just broke in the genisis,,,,, holly canberries mother of pearl , I CANT KEEP THE FRONT END DOWN . how can the truck which weighs in at 17+ lbs go so fast.this thing i think if it had wings it can fly. i'll put the piper cub wings on and try it one day.i bet you all can see my smile from your computer screen.( and thats not a pretty sight).why hasent anyone said anything sooner of the power of this thing. well cen you sold me on this one thats for sure. this smile just dosent do me justice, you need to come here to see how estatic i am.the only downfall i had was that the batt didnt last that long, after the third tank i needed to replace them. i figured something was up when all the servos were all jittery , and guess what the failsafe didnt work. thats the first thing thats coming off, lol. i think cen needs to rework the truck so it can accept cub c batteries with a milliamp hour of 3800. no mishaps or anything thou, just a smooth breakin and bashing session.btw my lsn was verry rich, i turned mine in about a half turn and it idled great.temps never over 220.
its not an animal its a MONSTER.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:17 PM
wackedout
My Feedback: (5)

BATTERY!!!!! The four cell battery (AA) SUX! Anyone tried solution?

Also, what steering servo are you guys using?

Thanks for the help,
Later
Old 03-11-2006, 02:50 PM
jombo

yea your right, the 4 pack is weak and i had 2300 mah in the truck. i'm going to order some 3800 sub c and make them fit even if i need to make my own pack. well here is the carnage of my truck, o wait there isnt any lol. this a great day breakin went well, bashing went great, and nothing broke. the steering servo i'm using is the stock one, it has 144 oz/in of tork and works great.

Name:	Ro41673.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	424241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63492.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	424242   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41182.jpg
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	424243  
Old 03-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Odium

Yeah, that was me that had the no power runaway on a brand new Genesis Limited....

Anyone know if they make Metal wheel hubs for this beast?
Old 03-11-2006, 05:43 PM
fastlane7

I've read in other posts that alkaline batteries don't discharge like ni-cads and that's the reason failsafes don't respond in time. I learned from experience that AA's only work for a few tanks then it's time for a change. My tmaxx has had a couple runaways and since I've changed over to rechargable batteries, the failsafe has worked perfect! A throttle return spring is well worth it.....when electrical fails...mechanical is there to save you!!!

Sorry for your runaway Odium.......Isn't that just about the worst feeling in the world?[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 03-13-2006, 12:50 PM
jombo

you can try new era models,they have some metal upgrades for the genesis.
http://www.neweramodels.com/prod72_c...ession_id=#900
Old 03-13-2006, 05:25 PM
jombo

ok,this was my own fault. i was too lazy to check all the allen screws on the truck to see if they all had loctite.well all of this for that one allen on the front driveshaft. well it could of been worse, it just stoped in its tracks when i was putting it in reverse. i thought i blew the tranny but its only the little grub screw. since i have it all apart i might as well go through the whole truck the right way and not half my *****,lol.

Name:	Pn36054.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	425498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34384.jpg
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	425499   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg92441.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	425500  
Old 03-15-2006, 11:35 PM
blackrain

you guy try tunning your differentials yet im looking to try running 5000 ft 20000 center 1000 rear not shore what shock oil yet maybe 45 weight going to start getting it dialed for the track
Old 03-16-2006, 04:38 AM
michelob78

The LST shocks are out, they don't fit on the rear. If the toe in bar was toward the front it might work, but I am just scrapping the idea. I'll just put the shocks on my LST [sm=disappointed.gif]
Old 03-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Gear Box Models

45 weight? Thats pretty heavy [X(]
Old 03-18-2006, 02:19 AM
michelob78

Just a quick shifter dust boot fix.

Pic1 - This is a traxxas 2.5 carb dust boot.
Pic2 - With a pair of scissors cut off lower part by stretching boot out.
Pic3 - Use the one with the small opening.
Pic4 - Shifter shown without dust boot.
Pic5 - Applied several very small dabs of super glue and pushed onto shifter seating lower part.
Pic6 - Put small amount of glue on top to hold it on, doesn't need much since it is a tight fit.

[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDGA6&P=7[/link]

Part would look much better on the blue Nemesis, but is effective on either one. There might be one that would work in a different color, I just had the traxxas one laying around.

Name:	Pn35366.jpg
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	428223   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44464.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	428224   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qw56712.jpg
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	428225   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cw63813.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	428226   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kw18116.jpg
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	428227   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wn87405.jpg
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	428228  
Old 03-18-2006, 04:41 AM
jadda

Looks really nice michelob78, and it is a very smart idea.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:54 AM
bobdeek

I just purchased a Nemesis, I'm going through the engine break in; after about a half gallon of fuel, it's starting to run good. My concern is that it doesn't shift gears; I think it's starting in 2nd gear (doesn't take off the line very fast). I looked at the two speed clutch and didn't see any way to adjust shift points. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:59 AM
michelob78

Look in the picture above showing the shifter dust boot..... behind the shifter in the picture is the 2nd gear clutch assembly. I am sure it covers this in instructions.... at least my gen le did. Here is a link to a genesis .pdf that shows how to adjust it exactly.

[link]http://www.cenracing.com/cars/genesis/genesis_2nd
_and_3rd_speed_tuning_instructions.pdf[/link]
Old 03-21-2006, 03:22 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Well, well, well....I have now drawn one conclusion to my Nemesis. That is if I want to go out and run it, it will cost me $100 every 1/2-3/4 gallon of fuel spent. I was out Sunday in a park near the house, soccer fields and a wide open parking lot with no curbs (nice) and decided this is the "perfect" place to run my Nemesis. Well on tank no. 3 my axle just snapped on take off....[:@] I am at a loss, the axles are not holding up for me, it happened on the same wheel as the last time as well. I dunno what I am going to do, I hate to think that I will have to go with Jombo's idea, but it seems to be the only logical solution at this point for an immediate fix. Or I guess I will be getting rid of it too, it just reminds me too much of some previous R/C's I have sold.[]
Old 03-21-2006, 03:30 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Oh yeah, almost forgot until I seen my signature, I'm going to have to change that to " If it's not broken, then your not bashin hard enough, unless it's my Nemesis." That's almost sad.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:48 AM
Gear Box Models

ORIGINAL: Bash-m-up

Well, well, well....I have now drawn one conclusion to my Nemesis. That is if I want to go out and run it, it will cost me $100 every 1/2-3/4 gallon of fuel spent. I was out Sunday in a park near the house, soccer fields and a wide open parking lot with no curbs (nice) and decided this is the "perfect" place to run my Nemesis. Well on tank no. 3 my axle just snapped on take off....[:@] I am at a loss, the axles are not holding up for me, it happened on the same wheel as the last time as well. I dunno what I am going to do, I hate to think that I will have to go with Jombo's idea, but it seems to be the only logical solution at this point for an immediate fix. Or I guess I will be getting rid of it too, it just reminds me too much of some previous R/C's I have sold.[]
Have you contact CEN for the new axle replacements? I know they are very good at warranty/service. Maybe they have new design alrady, might wanna ask them
Old 03-21-2006, 03:48 PM
michelob78

At least make them aware of it...... they might replace them for nothing. I don't know why they just don't make a solid axle.... let the wheel itself hold the pin in..?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.