Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Official Gen/Nemisis Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 05:09 PM
jombo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Gen/Nemisis Thread

i think either one are going to be your best bet, they are pretty much the same but for a few differences. the nemisis is very impressive with metal front and rear diff case metal brakes etc, no rev or three speed.but wich ever you get there are parts to make it into erther one.
i think i know the reason the nemisis breaks axles the 23mm hub is the culprit. the axle stub dosent fit snug on the 23mm hub, and you all know what happens to a rotating mass at high speeds when theirs a wobble right? there is going to be broken parts at the weakest point. its a good thing that i got the 17mm ofna hexes and the moab tires, i dont want to break axle stubs after i break the thing in.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79433.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	436078  
Old 03-30-2006, 05:22 PM
guydurrett

Jombo, thanks for the reply. Yes your setup looks pretty nice. I hope that maybe CEN will offer upgrades for these parts so I dont have to go the route you did to fix the problem. I would like to keep the BIG wheels on the truck. Any speed differences between the Gen and Nem. I know thay both have the same moters but I did know if there is any significant weight differences or if the extra gear added any performance benefits.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:10 PM
jombo

i dont know about the speed of both but what the weight diff is 3 lbs, so i would think that the nemisis off the line would be faster but in the long run the genny with the 3 speed would catch it, but i also have the 3 speed coming from cen (because no one had them in stock)so probably the nemisis would win a strait race.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:15 PM
michelob78

I would say get the gen le, simply because the trucks are very similar and I think it would be cheaper than getting the nemesis and putting 3spd and reverse in it?? Besides that why buy a racing truck to bash with, buy the basher and put some race parts on if you want. The genesis does not seem to have the axle breaking issue the nemesis does but it does have 19mm wheel hexes.

You would have to break down the prices.... If you go with the gen, get the metal to metal brake system... it's pretty cheap. If you go with the nemesis for bashing, I would get the 3spd at least maybe reverse if you want it, and tires..... the pin tires are great and all but if you bash and ever take it on pavement they wear out fast!

Basically, pick the truck for the application, instead of making the truck suitable for the application. Either way, you are gonna enjoy it.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:31 PM
guydurrett

Jombo and M78, some good comments. I am agreeing with M78 on the Gen LE, I think it will suit my planned usage. I do like the Nem body though. I think I will get one and see if I can make it fit the Gen. Thanks for the help and I will get back to you when I get the truck.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Gear Box Models

The Nemesis body fits the Genesis body perfectly.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:58 PM
fastlane7

Well boys, The Nemesis is broken in! I used the heat cycle method and everything seems good. I bashed it pretty hard today and didn't break a thing! I wanted to ask for some opinions about some small issues I had along the way. 1) My reciever was picking up noise at 2 different locations I ran at. I decided to removed the stock failsafe and it stopped. Anyone seen this?
2) The clutchbell is now a cool shade of blue and unless I turn the idle down low enough to stall, the truck inches forward like the clutch is always engaged. Also, I can't seem to hear the transmission shift but top speed seems pretty good. Any feedback would be appreciated and if you need more info just let me know. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2006, 09:59 PM
jombo

hi fastlane, the nemisis i got the rear diff are solid as what i mean is it seems as if its locked i took it apart and there is just thick grease in there. it seems as right now it takes alot of force to twist in opposite directions.the genny twists very easily, and man what a pain to remove the screws .i needed my torch lighter to remove them. anyway just wanted to know if this was the norm for the nemisis almost possy rear diff.well if this is the case then the truck will leave a nice path of 2 tires in the lawn, the wife wont be happy of that but you cant please everyone.and yea no binding or anything (thats what i thought also)and i got a good lesson of taking it apart (5 times i had extra screws at the end).
Old 04-02-2006, 02:58 AM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

I have a MGT, and it is very hard to hear it shift, unlike the t-maxx it is like braaaaaap............................(shifting)... .........braaaaap. My truck is very hard to hear it shift, i also had the problem of the idle, just make fine adjustments to the throttle epa. and it could have to do with the carb settings? MAybe the clutch springs are too looose?, hope this helps.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:09 AM
fastlane7

Hey "J", There is alot of resistance in both diff's on my truck. I would guess it's normal? Tell your wife it's the new method for irrigating the lawn!LOL

RC EnthuSiasTs, Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try some today.

I'll also try for some vids today as promised. I've got some pics I may just throw up for now. Catch ya later.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:55 PM
jombo

just got the 3 speed for the nemisis and wow its just a dropin install. i cant wait to get this thing broken in and running.
i think the heatcycle method is best, just about all my engines are done like that and never had a problem.the oldest engine i have and still running is a os 40 for my sig seinoirita and thats 7yo.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:29 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Question...Why isn't this thread in the Cen Support Forum? Just wondering.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:49 AM
dartmouth01

Hi guys,

I ran my nemesis this weekend, all in all not too bad. I've got some gripes, but I ran the truck pretty hard and it stayed together pretty well. First off, I broke an axle 10 mins into running. I was hoping that these axle problems weren't going to happen to me, but I guess I'm not lucky just like the others on this boad. Luckily I bought two spares when I bought the truck, but still, these axles are $15 each on ebay. Thats an expensive piece to have as the weak link. It did happen on a crash however, but it wasn't a very big crash. However, I didn't break another one the rest of the day yesterday or today. Then again, I also landed most of my jumps and didn't let it get out of control. I'm probably going to go with the set scew solution or 17mm adapters and wheels. Jombo, which 17mm ofna adapters did you get?

Other things I had issues with: The carb got clogged with what I think was oring or felt washer material used to seal the carb. Also, the body is held on by body clips above and below, and this causes the body to rip since there is nothing to spread the load out. Plus, the way the body is shaped, there is alot of space between the body and the top body clips, so the body's not held on as tight as I want it to be. I'll probably make some spacers to help. Finally, it seems like there is something wrong with the center diff, it seems more smooth for the rear than the front. It looks like I may have to pull that center diff apart, not looking forward to it considering what I hear from you guys about how tight the screws are. I'm goin

However, the thing is a beast. It has alot of speed, and acceleration and will hang with every truck in the straights. Its not too bad in the corners either, you just have to set up right for them. I'm really liking it so far!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:19 AM
jombo

these are the ofna hexes, the problem i found with the 23mm hexes is that their loose on the axle and wobble. i put a piece of tape (clear tape) just enough to make the axle tight against the 23mm hub. i didnt want to chance it just yet to see if that fixes the axle problem yet so i spent 100.00 on a nother set of tires and rims and 17mm hexes.the ofna 17mm fit snug and dont wobble just tighten the set screw snug with blue loctite and it should be fine.and about the diff not turning properly, the diff needed to be shimmed as i found the shimm kit in the direction package. now they turn fine and smoothly.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCBA4&P=X

Name:	Ge95130.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	438061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62018.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	438062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74162.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	438063  
Old 04-03-2006, 01:47 AM
michelob78

Here are a couple things that might help with the body.....

[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXB805&P=7[/link]

[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXN081&P=7[/link]

[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJZ95&P=7[/link]

[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKA03&P=7[/link]
Old 04-03-2006, 02:10 PM
dartmouth01

Thanks guys, for the tips. I'll fix up the body with some washers and foam, hopefully that'll do the trick. I also lost a bunch of body clips, mainly the bottom side ones, for some reason. I'll probably bend those in place so they wont come up easily.

Oh, and another couple little complaints I have. First, there is no antenna hole, so I let the antenna tube stick out the back. Works well, but does seem a little weird there is no antenna hole in the body. Second, and more importantly, I haven't found a way to access the high speed needle with the body on! I cut a hole into the body at about the right angle, but I have to go buy an extra long but thin screwdriver in order to reach. I know I can tune with out the body on, but I like to keep the body on at all times just to be safe, ever since I rolled my Revo braking on a high speed pass (for tuning) and broke the motor mount because the body didn't protect the engine.......

Jombo, I need to buy that XTM hardware along with those hexes, right? I read your original post, and it looks like I need the dogbone plus adapter? Can you give me part numbers of the stuff I'd need to get to go to the 17mm wheels? I can't read the numbers off the pictures.

Another choice I'm thinking about exploring is keeping the 23mm adapters but going with smaller rims and thicker tires, something like Wabashes on bowties. Anyone here do that and still have axles break?

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2006, 03:21 PM
guydurrett

What is the difference between the Genesis and Genesis LE. The body is different but I cant tell the difference otherwise. I searched the CEN website and this thread but no answer. Sorry in advance if this has been answered elsewhere. Thanks for the help
Old 04-03-2006, 04:18 PM
jombo

for 30.00 more the le comes with all the upgrades, computer radio 144 oz servoes metal dogbones.but on a side note, i just found the nemisis body by accident. i wanted a better body for the genny so i orderd the proline croud pleaser 2.0 mgt body. i got it today and lo and behold its the unpainted version of the nemisis. now i know why i liked the croud pleaser body so much. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJDS7&P=0

Name:	Ig11162.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	438341  
Old 04-03-2006, 04:45 PM
dartmouth01

Haha, thats so funny, I bet they make the Crowd Pleazer body for Proline, and just decided to use the same mold for the Nemesis.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:34 PM
jombo

all i know for 25.00 i'll take it.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:25 PM
guydurrett

Jombo thanks for the info. I called CEN which happens to be about 10 minutes from where I work and they said the samething. I was also told that the non-LE version is no longer in production. Great find on the Crowd Pleazer body. I wanted to put the Nemesis body on the Gen as well. Thanks again!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:20 PM
michelob78

ORIGINAL: guydurrett

What is the difference between the Genesis and Genesis LE. The body is different but I cant tell the difference otherwise. I searched the CEN website and this thread but no answer. Sorry in advance if this has been answered elsewhere. Thanks for the help

Here is a quick comparison:

Gen Le
Nemesis
3spd
2spd
Reverse
none
Plastic Diff housing
Aluminum Diff housing
Standard Brake's
Metal-to-Metal brake system
19mm wheel hex
23mm wheel hex
Gen chevron style tire
Sniper tires and dish wheels
17lbs
14lbs?

I probably forgot some but there are most of them...
Old 04-03-2006, 08:26 PM
vwdude199

I have a few questions about the genesis and nemesis.
1. how noisy is it compared to a savage with a picco .28
2. can they take any jumping at all, and if not is there any hop ups.
3.how user friendly is the truck (is it easy to work on and tune)
4. how good would it be for a somewhat beginner nitro enthusiast.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:34 PM
michelob78

1. Not too bad with the stock pipe.... It's not as loud as my LST is.
2. I jump mine alot, with jumping eventually all trucks will break, cen is no worse than others
3. It has the twin vertical plate like a savage, not very hard at all I feel.
4. I would honestly say it is not very beginner friendly. JMHO (3spd,3diff,reverse....)
Old 04-03-2006, 09:37 PM
dartmouth01

I found so far jumping is ok, as long as you land it. If the truck tumbles badly, theres a good chance it'll break an axle. I don't think I'll feel comfortable going big until new axles are out, but I feel that just about everything else is solid on the truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.