Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

MAD FORCE (WHERE IS THE LOVE??)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MAD FORCE (WHERE IS THE LOVE??)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 10:34 PM
WAD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAD FORCE (WHERE IS THE LOVE??)

DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE OF THESE TRUCKS???
I grow to love my RTR more and more with every passing day.
Even thought mine is stock, It has been one most fun RC vehicles I have ever had a chance to drive!

I wish we could get more forums on it.
(even madfore.net has been a ghostown as of late!)
Old 02-02-2006, 11:52 PM
The_Collector

Default RE: MAD FORCE (WHERE IS THE LOVE??)

(Raises hand)
Yes, the MF is indeed under-appreciated. It seems only the latest and greatest will keep people's attention. I have 2 of them. They are made very well -- the real deal, a classic; it stands out in the sea of truggies and monsters on crack. (40 series rims? Crime Fighter tires? They're killing me!)

I anticipated that the MF would become the Clod of the nitro world. I guess I was being a bit too optimistic. There are some decent aftermarket goodies still available though. You can get a used one for a reasonable price on eBay. Looks like a classic case of here today, gone tomorrow. Don't fret though, these WILL have appreciation in the future. Kyosho can't make them forever. Like others before it, MF will be discontinued, and will disappear for a few years. Then it will reemerge as 'vintage', possibly bringing more interest then when it first debuted. I'm leaving my second one new in box for now.

I run the MF almost every weekend. The most fun of all the R/C's I've ever had. Keep on truckin' and keep it real.[8D]
Old 02-03-2006, 04:38 AM
Haldir

I had one, man it was a POS, compared to my Revo, LST2 among others. I might have had a lemon, or maybe it didn't like me, maybe it was me! What had happened was the pinion gears stripped after one second of running. I was like ***? Oh and the Mega Force, shiet that was even worst![:'(] May the Mad Force be with you guys.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:15 PM
WAD

Hey GUY!
(The Collector)

Thanks for your chime in!
I was thinking about the New era roll bar for my MAd Force
Do you think it is worth it?
I am running the HPI sagage "Hemi Cuda" body, I wonder if it will fit with the New Era roll bar.
I emailed new era, and they can only say the have tested it with the stock MF body only
(I also like their wheelie bar, but kind of pricey)

-w
Old 02-03-2006, 09:00 PM
kimolop

WAD, My Mad Force is pretty much stock too. Why, cause those guys engineered it right. I have about a dozen nitros, most having to be modified to get them to run how I want. I agree with Collector, the Mad Force is tops when it comes to pure fun.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:04 PM
WAD

Now were talking..
L O V E !

To be honest, I would never buy a MGT, Tmaxx or anything else like the new trucks.
They may be good for racing, but they all just seemed like Buggies on roids!
I am a purist when it comes to my trucks (soid axels)
Old 02-05-2006, 03:23 AM
The_Collector

I bought a T-Maxx way back when it first came out. Everyone was so hard up on T-Maxx, mobbing the tiny hobby shop in town. That was a big mistake, endless trouble it was.

Then I bought a Kyosho Sandmaster. Remember those? It was a cheap nitro truck, it think under 150. I actually had more fun with that little ST than the T-Maxx.

WAD, that roll bar *might* be too high for the car body. You may have to extend the body mounts. A FULL cage would be awesome, though. I would get one, but there are other things higher up on the list for my MF. Such as the optional shocks, and getting the front diff. repaired. The guy that had it before me ran it HARD. The front diff is aluminum, and the rear steel. Do you guys know if steel gears can be put in the front? I would imagine they would fit fine. I have been just running mine in 2WD.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:43 PM
kimolop

Yeah, they can be run in front. They're identical, just made from steel. Part #'s are IF-21 and IF-106. After replacing the front a couple of times, I switched to steel, no problems since.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:44 AM
The_Collector

Cool. I'll get the good stuff when I order. Funny thing, these rigs will crawl over anything, even with the front bevel completely stripped away!

The one that I run all the time was originally the RTR version, but I'm going to convert the hubs and axles to the old type so it will accept the USA-1 wheels. They look SO MUCH BETTER than the big goofy chromes. The old school tires grip better too since they have more sidewall and tread to them. I think the next thing on the list after the front end is aluminum shocks. Kyosho got cheap on the RTR and used plastic ones that wear out and leak badly.

If things work out, I will eventually have an RCX look alike.