Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Help: Warhead, just got parts back

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Help: Warhead, just got parts back

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Mekong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: Warhead, just got parts back

Well I asked in the 'Anyone gotta warhead' thread, but it got lost in the sea of replys...

So as I stated, I got my parts back, bulkhead, servo saver usual plastic breakage. I also sent in my engine beucase it was running way to hot and I think had a leak.

So I am putting everything back together and I am concerned that I am gonna have the same problem with the engine, is there anything I should do before I fire it up?

Also, excuse me but this must be the dumbest question of the day, but which fuel line goes where? The one from the lid on the tank goes to the exhaust and the one on the small tank goes to the carb? Sorry Im new at this nitro thing.

Ill have alot more Qs as I get this thing ready...
Old 02-07-2006, 07:54 PM
J_ME65

Default RE: Help: Warhead, just got parts back

Did they send you a new engine or your old one back? If it's new you will need to go back through the break in proc. The lines go as you said, and there is one off the bottom of the main tank to the bottom of your header tank. I don't know if you pulled all that out or not but if you did that's the way they go back in. You can try testing for leaks before you put it back in, and the way to do that is in "warhead fixes".
Old 02-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Mekong

OMFG im ready to just throw this tuck in the depths of my garage and forget about it!

Okay so the screws that hold the bulkhead on... Well 3 of them only want to screw in part way, when I tried to back them out they stripped... I am using a 2mm allen and cant get the screws out? What do I do now!? Thoes damn hex screws were a paint to get out to begin with...

soo pissed off [:@]
Old 02-07-2006, 08:38 PM
J_ME65

Step up to the next bigger allen wrench. I don't know which it is, but there is one that's real close to the 2mm only in standard. The other thing you can do is try making a light cut on the top of the head and using a small screwdriver on it. If you do go that way, be carefull, you've seen how small those heads are and you can cut through them pretty quick. The other thing, make sure where the allen wrench goes into the head of the screw is ALL OF THE WAY cleaned out. One small pebble in there will screw you up. You can clean it out with engine cleaner or wd40 or anything else with those little tubes that it sprays through.
Good luck
Old 02-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Mekong

Screw this thing its going in the garage!

WHAT A WASTE OF $ THE WARHEAD IS!
Old 02-07-2006, 09:51 PM
MotorPsyko

The stock screws do suck and they are even worse if you use the wrenches that come with the truck or just some wal-mart special tool. I skipped go and went directly to "not-suck" after one screw stripped... I got a hexhead A.P. conversion kit from hexcrews.com and I picked up some nice hudy allen wrenches from my LHS (you can buy them direct from hudy to but they are ZOMGMAD$$$) I haven't looked back.

Sorry you are having so much trouble and are so frustrated... this is your first nitro isn't it? I can understand your pain, I went through a bunch of headaches with my first nitro... though admittedly not nearly as many as with the warhead (my second nitro) all I can say is hang in there and don't give up. Even when the stuff is broken it is still a fun hobby (for me anyway)

It's unfortunate that the warhead is having so many problems becuse with DTX's attractive warranty, flashy advertising, all the "extra" hop-up's included and towers recent special with the easy pay option a lot of first timers got the truck and this truck is not really a good first timer truck in it's current state.

Anyway, just give it a couple days and go back to it. Might want to look into getting some quality tools too.

Good luck.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:30 PM
msinno

Mekong,

There is soimething called an "easy-out" sometimes called a "back-out set" or sometimes just plain old tap/dye set. Either way, you can get online at Tower, or at your local lowes or home depot. It is used specifically for stripped screws. it works by drilling into the stripped head of the screw, only a little, then a thinner screw is screwed into the hole you just drilled. This new screw holds onto the old screw and pulls it out. Just make sure to use a different screw when replacing [8D]

Or -- you can sometimes just use a dremmel tool to slice down the middle and use a very thin screw-driver to back it out. this method basically forces the stripped screw into a flat-head type so you can back it out.

Hope this helps.

msinno
Old 02-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Mekong

Okay lol cooled off now, yeah its my 1st nitro, I have a ss5800 pede as my 1st real RC.

I am using Bondhus hex wrenches, they seem pretty good... Ill look into the screw kit.

Im gonna see if my neighbor has anything to get the screws out, he has all sorts of tools. My solution was to grab the truck and smash the front end off breaking both front bulkheads then the screws would just fall out, LOL. But I dont want to wait another month for parts warrinty...

Im just mad becuase I havent even been able to have fun with this thing, I expect it to work out of the box when its a RTR, call me crazy but I think all other companies get that idea. Maybe they should rename it RTF, ready to fix....

But thanks guys, I need all the help with the truck I can get!
Old 02-08-2006, 01:02 AM
-SomeGuy-

I got these handy drill bits from the hardware store made just for removing stripped screws, saved me a bunch of trouble more than once.The way they work is that one side bores out the screw head and the other side has reverse threads that bite into the new hole you made and removes the screw. I dont know if you can get anywhere considering that they are made by a company who puts their products exclusively in Canadian tire stores but i know other similar types do exist, they just didnt seem as good to me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64725.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	404135  
Old 02-08-2006, 04:08 AM
Mekong

Just a word of advice, its easier to take care of a reef tank, cheaper no, but easier than a nitro...

Im gonna try!
Old 02-08-2006, 07:48 AM
MotorPsyko

ORIGINAL: someguywitasavage

I got these handy drill bits from the hardware store made just for removing stripped screws, saved me a bunch of trouble more than once.The way they work is that one side bores out the screw head and the other side has reverse threads that bite into the new hole you made and removes the screw. I dont know if you can get anywhere considering that they are made by a company who puts their products exclusively in Canadian tire stores but i know other similar types do exist, they just didnt seem as good to me.
I'm pretty sure I've seen Bob Villa doing comercials for sears advertising a similar product. =)
Old 02-08-2006, 12:24 PM
-SomeGuy-

ORIGINAL: MotorPsyko

ORIGINAL: someguywitasavage

I'm pretty sure I've seen Bob Villa doing comercials for sears advertising a similar product. =)
Yeah your probably right.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:31 PM
J_ME65

Once you do get those screw out, if you want to spend a little on a new set, go to the warhead fixes and there's a link to get a whole new set for the truck that are supposed to be pretty heavy duty. Also go back to the other thread and look into the Wiha tools, they're a lot better then most as far as the hex head tools go.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:22 PM
TGreg24

dude i feel bad for you. on my second rc truck (xxx-t mfe) i spend over 500 dollars on it and it just kept braking. then it finally became a great lil truck, then i had a big electrical failer and now its a 19t with a dura esp (it was a T.o.P 12x2 revolution with a novak GSP {i think})[&o]