9.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Best All round MT

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 11:53 AM
mdtruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best All round MT

Which is the best all round MT right out of the box?
Old 02-17-2006, 11:57 AM
RCtruckRacer

Default RE: Best All round MT

Whichever one YOU buy.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:24 PM
A.B.U

I wonder which one is winning? [:-]

[X(] Lol One I thought would be.

LST2
Old 02-17-2006, 05:26 PM
mosavage

Savaeg X all the way
Old 02-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Medrivfast

Revo shall overcome all.......
Old 02-18-2006, 12:10 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

id go with savage x or lst 2
Old 02-18-2006, 12:10 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

Well. I was going to say T-maxx. But it is not on there for some reason.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:14 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: lstRacerX

Whichever one YOU buy.
Exactly!

All have issues and all have strong points, any of the above are all good choices. Find one that your local LHS stocks parts for and run with it.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:18 PM
TGreg24

TMAXX[&:]
Old 02-18-2006, 11:27 PM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

I don't know how Savage X is in there when it just came out. Not many people have these yet, how can you rate it without having it?
Old 02-18-2006, 11:33 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

LST 2, since the revo isn't all that good out of box
Old 02-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

I don't know about the Savage X, but I do like the original pretty well. On the other hand though I just bought the Nemesis and it looks to be a contender straight out of the box so it has my vote. Because my LST is in the closet broken in half and I just sold the Revo, well I couldn't go with them either. Keep voting and post though.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:25 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

LST 2, since the revo isn't all that good out of box
LOL... it's NOT? Where did I go wrong? Hmmm...
Old 02-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Chronic

The Revo sucks. It's the worst MT ever made! Those no-name jobs like the Magic Wheel are ten times better than a Revo could ever be.

Not really, I just wanted to give Revofamily a reason to post again.......
Old 02-19-2006, 04:28 PM
trouling

RenagadeRevo,

The video editing on your web site is pretty hot. Did you do edit it your self? What tools are you using?
Old 02-19-2006, 04:51 PM
SandManiac

I would say a Revo, Its good for some people out of the box, Can be a great racer, And a great basher. Its light, and a good jumper.

Second would be LST2 it seems to be good for bashing with a upgrade of a-arms. Racing is good right out of the box.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:14 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: trouling

RenagadeRevo,

The video editing on your web site is pretty hot. Did you do edit it your self? What tools are you using?
Thanks for the compliment... I started with Windows Movie Maker (good for basics... but not powerful enough for the bigger stuff) Then moved to Pinnacle Studio 9+... I am getting away from Pinnacle as it is too slow to edit with (it slows down over time...) and I'm switching to Sony Vegas 6... much more powerful.... and a lot better setup. EVENTUALLY, I'm going to move over to Canopus Edius 3.... It's a great NLE... but I want to have a dual-monitor setup to run it... and right now, my funds are a bit tight. [:'(] I still have a long way to go to be "professional" but I am being mentored by a pro... so, I should be getting MUCH better...

And... to Chronic... I don't just post to negative comments about the Revo... that just seems to be what gets spewed out of some of your guy's mouths.... so, I have to correct it.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Super_Dave

I don't have either but having worked in a hobby shop and seeing them at our local track I'd go with the LST 2. First off... insane power for a 13 pound truck. It beat some of the 1/8 buggies on the back stretch from a standing start only the LST beat them on the 2 rear wheels all the way down the straight away. Its very stable at high speeds and low speeds on the track but it still has the ride hight to get you over almost anything for bashing not to mention rock crawling in low gear which gives you god-like torque. In my opinion from what I have seen in my 6 years being in this hobby it is the best monster truck you can buy for bashing and racing. The only problem with the LST 2 is the brake pads. I think they used fiberglass or something but the two trucks we have at the local track blew those up in no time so just use the first LST brake system.

The revo would be second choice. Its down falls are its size... its just small compaired to the LST so it will not take some of the bigger stuff that the LST 2 can climb and the small block just doesn't give it a lot of torque. Its size and weight makes it very nimble on track but the stock suspension makes pretty squirly. Any race truck will need setting up though.

I can't say anything about the Savage X because I have no experience or even heard anything on it yet.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Chronic

Just kidding with you REVOFAMILY. Even though I don't really agree with you, I like your passion. I was the same way back when I argued the Camaro vs Mustang debates when they mattered to me. I still do the same thing on Jeep forums.

I used one of your vids to convince my buddy to go with the RB323 in his Revo. No hating here, just having some fun with you.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:36 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: Chronic

Just kidding with you REVOFAMILY. Even though I don't really agree with you, I like your passion. I was the same way back when I argued the Camaro vs Mustang debates when they mattered to me. I still do the same thing on Jeep forums.

I used one of your vids to convince my buddy to go with the RB323 in his Revo. No hating here, just having some fun with you.
LOL... no problem... glad my videos could help... I've really liked the RB TM323... So, tell me... Camaro or Mustang? on the Jeep forums? What is argued there? Is it 'Zuk vs. Jeep?
Old 02-20-2006, 03:02 AM
trouling

From the little experience I have with MTs, I agree the LST 2 looks a pretty good all around truck stock out of the box. In part because it's beefy and doesn't appear to need any upgrades. The air filter is the one thing I'd personally consider changing.

The Revo may seem under powered with a much smaller 2.5R, but this motor sufficient for the frame in most of the playing I've done anyways. Climbing hills, jumping moguls, or running dirt tracks, I mostly found myself using 1/2 to 2/3rds throttle. Any more throttle and the torque on the rear wheels makes it difficult to keep the body in a strait line under acceleration. To much acceleration results in over correction and lose of speed. Trackion works better if you hit the hills in a strait line with plenty of momentum. Without the need for more motor, I still chose to upgraded the to a Picco .26 maxx.

Watching the home Videos of Savages, LSTs, Monster GTs, etc., just confirms the main reason I bought the Revo. It's the shocks. The fact that they run front to back (parallel with the body and line of travel) is an advantage worth any other possible negative in comparison to other MTs. MT's with vertical shocks transfer bounce force absorbed upward into frame in a direction that interferes with stability and line of travel. With the Revo, shock force is altered to a horizontal direction and eaten up by body momentum. That being said, Revo's frame is relativley small to deal with the accelration forces you can through at it. I'm not sure iof 1/8th scale is any better.

Also, I have to say, I don't have experience with other trucksother than the Revo. Just comparing from the side lines and the video's you provide.

Agree/Disagree? Can somebody show me something else that compares to Revo's line of travel?

Old 02-20-2006, 03:08 AM
trouling

Mustang or Camaro?

I like the new Shelby Convertable (45K) at 475HP. It's still one click slower than the top of the line corvette but very very close.
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/articl...onvertable.php
Old 02-20-2006, 03:21 AM
reedthis1
My Feedback: (2)

The Monster GT has my vote! I have never stripped a spur, broken a tranny, bown a diff, lost a drive pins, lost either rear or front drive with this truck and I bash on asphalt or concrete most of the time. I have friends with either a LST, Savage, T-Maxx and Revo. We all get together and the only one that is running without problems is the MGT. The only thing I replaced was an A-arm on the front because I ran the truck under a car.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:38 AM
trouling

Moser GT,

Ya, The local hobby shop guys push the Monster GT for all around bashing. I have to assume they know what they are talking about.

I think the only reason Revo spurs are blow is partially because of the over sized power plants people put in them, but mostly the lack of proper re-assembly. The Revo recommends (and requires) 1mm thick gap between the bell and spur gears. It's a fine line between binding and being to loose. Any play and you will adversely wear it out (without big motor). I also think the spur gear is a fuse that keeps to much torque strain off the remaining drive line. Again, I don't have this experience but I think people purchasing Robinson Racing gears is asking for drive line issues.

I broke the Revo control arm, drive line, and abumper bumper back plate for a total of $21+ smashing into a wall sideways. I've also hit rocks at 1/2 speed with only bumper scratches. I've miss judged my positioning and hit the long end of a parking spot curb hard enough to land on top and scrap the under body a across the top. This curb was as tall as my Revo. The plastic parts scratch up but are very durable. I love this plastic. It's very strong, light weight, and cheap to replace. Aluminum would simply bend, and then still transfer force impact to other parts of the body because it will not break. Without having the benefit of comparison, I think the Revo is very durable.

I do have complaints but it's more to due with the stock motor and Traxxas fuel. First, the motor is prone to heat dissipation issues. I had to tune for temperature and not performance. Second, I had header/ muffler leakage at noticed the burnt fuel gunk collecting around my header. Try cleaning it off - NOT. I then disassembled the motor to investigate only to find this stuff start collecting. My stock motor only has 1/2 gallon of Traxxas fuel in it but I since then re-broke it in with Byrons 20% nitro 18% castor. I'm not running synthetics any more.

I'm wondering if anybody has opened up and inspected a motor with multiple gallons of traxxas fuel through it. Please let me know your experiences. If your local hobby shop owners race nitros, ask them if they have any experience with Traxxas fuel. I'm curious.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:14 AM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

duh, savage man [>:]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.