MI66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Revo 3.3 March 30

sold
Old 02-21-2006, 03:44 PM
jasplat88

I called Tower and they don't know anything about them, and were kind of supprised at that. They estimated 4-6 weeks though before they would get them in. Kind of strange of Traxxas to not keep your retailers (especially your larger ones) in the loop. The 3.3 looks promissing though....and I have my first on it's way as we speak....I wonder if I should return it and wait for this one.

-Jason

Edit: Website now says shipping March 30th!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:06 PM
A.B.U

OH MY GOD

I will def. be buying one for racing!

Btw what size is 3.3? Uhh.. .21? OR .18? Or .23?

Well.. on a second thought I may not buy one..

That center diff.. does that make it a truggy then? Or well qualify it in the unlimited class?

also I see they lengthened it 30 mm or cm's I didnt really glare at it. Thats like a 1/8th revo now!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:09 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like it's a new racing motor, not a whole new Revo. What does 3.3 correlate to, I think a .18 motor? If it follows the 2.5r it should really put out some power for it's size. Does anyone know for sure if it is a new Revo or just a motor upgrade?
Old 02-21-2006, 04:11 PM
ssj2

Looks like a pretty cool truck, from what they said the Revo 3.3 will have an increased engine speed pwer etc, extended wheelbase chassis, the EZ start system, eletronic trans, max suspension travel, and powerful steering. All found on the Traxxas website, but I am curious about what the price may be. Looks awesome!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:13 PM
dltacos

does anyone have a price range for the new revo. o and i emailed my lhs to see if they had any details.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:15 PM
jasplat88

Yeah...also says it comes standard with the P2 rockers and stiffer springs among other things.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Haulin bass

3.3cc is .20ci Yes the center diff will put you in the truggy class but its optional(and pointless unless you like getting your butt handed to you by true truggies-unless they cant drive that is)
Old 02-21-2006, 04:28 PM
2fast2slow

i guess that it will be from 450$ to about 550$, i hope no more than that,
Old 02-21-2006, 04:32 PM
psychorevo

O my God.

I've had my REVO for three weeks but I'll make room now for that bad boy.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!!!!!!!!

Did they tweak the suspension or chassis?

Did you see the Jato? Holy ****ake!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:35 PM
PillowPants

wow, I was really expecting more...
Old 02-21-2006, 04:58 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

LOL

Hmm... new radio.. possibly?
Old 02-21-2006, 05:36 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Specs:

Revo 3.3 takes all the award-winning innovation engineered into Revo 2.5R to a new level of power and speed. Compared to the TRX 2.5, the TRX 3.3 Racing Engine delivers 60% more peak horsepower along with an incredible boost of nearly 50% total increased horsepower under the curve. We’re talking real horsepower and torque increases you will see and feel every time you hammer the throttle. There’s never been an engine like the TRX 3.3 Racing Engine.

Revo 3.3 is upgraded with enhancements to harness the massive power output including 30mm of additional chassis length, increased engine mounting strength, and tighter suspension with installed progressive 2 rockers. There’s also a wide-ratio two-speed inside the transmission that takes full advantage of the TRX 3.3’s massive power curve for top speeds beyond 45mph! For the hardcore racer, Revo 3.3 has been designed to use the new Traxxas Revo center differential and rear brake kit (sold separately). On or off the track, Revo 3.3 is simply the ultimate, most-powerful machine for jaw-dropping handling and speed.

More Engine, More Power, More Speed!
The TRX 2.5 set the bar and was heralded as “the most powerful smallblock engine we have ever tested†by RC Car Action Magazine. The TRX 3.3 is bigger, faster and puts out a whopping 60% more peak horsepower compared to the TRX 2.5. The overall power under the curve is nearly 50% greater. This means you get smooth, linear power output with increased performance and responsiveness across the entire RPM range. The TRX 3.3 is for drivers at the highest skill level who have the experienced reflexes for extreme speed and acceleration. Traxxas builds more car and truck engines than anyone so you can always count on the reliability and support that has been proven in thousands of Traxxas TRX Racing Engines. Plus, you’re investment is protected by the exclusive Traxxas Lifetime Engine Replacement Plan.

Extended Wheelbase Chassis
With the incredible horsepower of the TRX 3.3 Racing Engine on tap, Traxxas engineers equipped Revo with a longer wheelbase chassis that has additional support around the engine mount. The longer wheelbase combines with the installed progressive 2 suspension rockers to provide the stability needed for foot-to-the-floor acceleration on the roughest parts of the track. Even if you never see a race track, you will appreciate Revo's ability to drive full-throttle across torturous terrain.

OptiDriveâ„¢ Electronically Controlled Transmission
Revo’s transmission delivers innovative two-speed, forward/reverse operation in an ultra-compact package. The OptiDrive electronic shift module uses advanced microprocessor control to sense vehicle speed and optimize forward and reverse shifting. Direction control is performed via a third channel on the transmitter. This revolutionary, patent-pending system allows the transmission to be lighter with fewer moving parts for reduced inertial mass and greater torque handling. OptiDrive provides constant drive engagement for seamless, responsive acceleration. The wide ratio, adjustable two-speed transmission provides no-compromise acceleration and unmatched top speed in one package.

Push-Button Electric Starting
Only the Traxxas EZ-Start™ offers the pure convenience of true one-handed operation and complete on-board, push-button electric starting. EZ-Start is the safest and most reliable way to start your engine. The Traxxas EZ-Start lights your glow plug and starts your engine quickly and smoothly at the push of a button. Traxxas’ exclusive Smart Start™ technology monitors critical starting functions, automatically sensing and diagnosing potential problems for troublefree engine starting every time!

Maximum Suspension Travel!
When Revo was first unleashed, it reached far beyond anyone's expectations for innovation in chassis and suspension design. Revo actually delivers the promise of no-compromise handling. Revo constantly varies both the spring rate and damping to match suspension movement. Over small bumps, the suspension is light and responsive, reacting instantly to the surface. Compress the suspension over large bumps and jumps and the rocker geometry progressively increases the spring force and shock damping. In an instant, the suspension automatically becomes stiffer when you need it most. Revo provides the best possible spring and damping control for every extreme.

Powerful Steering Authority
Revo is the first to take a total system approach to eliminating the slow steering response found on other monster trucks. It begins with power. Forget alkalines! An integrated 5-cell NiMH rechargeable battery pack provides the current necessary to maximize servo performance. The built-in charging jack and the AC/DC* TRX Power Charger makes fast charging (in about an hour) as simple as just plugging it in. Peak detection ensures a perfect charge, every time.Twin high-torque servos provide the muscle to drive a single heavy-duty servo saver. Twin servos are lighter and more compact than a single large servo, and together they deliver unmatched monster steering response. *DC cord optional.

Available March 30, 2006

http://www.traxxas.com/
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10051.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	412867  
Old 02-21-2006, 05:49 PM
RCKid1992

Yup^^
Old 02-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Haulin bass

Like what? Theres an old saying if it aint broke dont fix it, they went after the two biggest things people do to there revos, more power and a longer chassis.Then added things like stiffer springs and thicker oil and the ability to use a center diff.The radio well I myself own a number of cars and some of the others came with radios as well, I have no quams throwing them away(cost more to ship than what there worth) and buying another Rx to use my current radio.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:23 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: Haulin bass

Like what? Theres an old saying if it aint broke dont fix it, they went after the two biggest things people do to there revos, more power and a longer chassis.Then added things like stiffer springs and thicker oil and the ability to use a center diff.The radio well I myself own a number of cars and some of the others came with radios as well, I have no quams throwing them away(cost more to ship than what there worth) and buying another Rx to use my current radio.
I mean like atleast a new body/Wheels & tires.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:43 PM
revo=fast

the center diff for the revo was approved for racing leagaly
so you race with other mt
check the rules
Old 02-21-2006, 08:24 PM
gtsum

I have to agree with Hamburglar here...I would have expected more. So they increased the engine a little bit - alright...the radio and servo's are junk (if the same as the revo 2.5r), the optidrive is and always was a joke, the EZ start is not all it's cracked up to be either - seems to me they extended the chassis and put a new engine in it, P2 rockers and stiffer springs, and that is it

For what it is worth, I have had my revo for about 9 months and the first things I did were FOC, rip the ez start off, replace the engine (have had 6 engines in it so far), add p2 rockers and different springs (then got rpm arms and carriers and bb kit) - it is now, a light, mean, lightning quick machine....that being said, my lst2 suspension is head and shoulders above my revo's - that is painful to hear (to a lot of people I would imagine), but it is supple, absorbs any hit, is almost bottomless, and just handles the rough stuff better then the REVO (also it handles the large jumps better...the suspension that is...the a arms are a different story, although I have not broken one yet, but lots of people have). In the end, I would have thought traxxas would have made some improvements in the suspension department (larger shocks with all that extra room) and at least a better radio, and got rid of the ez start....all IMO of course...

Edit....I forgot about the center diff and brake option...that will make a huge difference for racers! I only bash, so it would not matter much, but for racers, this certainly does sound like a major improvement...the only concern would be can it keep up with a Jammin, or other top level truggies on the track...highly doubtful, but who knows!
Old 02-21-2006, 08:37 PM
blackrain

i dont see what the big deal is with this 3.3 if you already have a revo get a extended chassie. im shore traxxas will sell the extended chassie seperate or you could go with another companys extended chassie and buy that center diff seperate and the engine traxxas isnt at the top of my list for reliable racing engines. but if you dont own a revo i say jump on it. and if you have a 2.5 im shore there will be a trade in program on engine
Old 02-21-2006, 08:38 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i think they nailed it!!! more power, a longer chassis with a brace, dual brakes, and a center diff!!!! if thats not enough for ya i dont know what is? after running my big block revo for a year i have come to the same conclusion they did.....

and who cares about the radio gear, honestly if your that into rc you should have a good radio allready. i think it would be worse to get a halfway decent radio that ya remove the day you get it!

say what ya want, the revo 3.3 is gonna sooo bad out of the box all other mts are screwed!!! they were in trouble when it was under powered.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:38 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

It won;t have to keep up with jammin's and LSP's. It will be raced with other MT's. The center diff has been approved for racing.

ORIGINAL: gtsum2

I have to agree with Hamburglar here...I would have expected more. So they increased the engine a little bit - alright...the radio and servo's are junk (if the same as the revo 2.5r), the optidrive is and always was a joke, the EZ start is not all it's cracked up to be either - seems to me they extended the chassis and put a new engine in it, P2 rockers and stiffer springs, and that is it

For what it is worth, I have had my revo for about 9 months and the first things I did were FOC, rip the ez start off, replace the engine (have had 6 engines in it so far), add p2 rockers and different springs (then got rpm arms and carriers and bb kit) - it is now, a light, mean, lightning quick machine....that being said, my lst2 suspension is head and shoulders above my revo's - that is painful to hear (to a lot of people I would imagine), but it is supple, absorbs any hit, is almost bottomless, and just handles the rough stuff better then the REVO (also it handles the large jumps better...the suspension that is...the a arms are a different story, although I have not broken one yet, but lots of people have). In the end, I would have thought traxxas would have made some improvements in the suspension department (larger shocks with all that extra room) and at least a better radio, and got rid of the ez start....all IMO of course...

Edit....I forgot about the center diff and brake option...that will make a huge difference for racers! I only bash, so it would not matter much, but for racers, this certainly does sound like a major improvement...the only concern would be can it keep up with a Jammin, or other top level truggies on the track...highly doubtful, but who knows!
Old 02-21-2006, 08:39 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: revopqrs

well i think they nailed it!!! more power, a longer chassis with a brace, dual brakes, and a center diff!!!! if thats not enough for ya i dont know what is? after running my big block revo for a year i have come to the same conclusion they did.....

and who cares about the radio gear, honestly if your that into rc you should have a good radio allready. i think it would be worse to get a halfway decent radio that ya remove the day you get it!

say what ya want, the revo 3.3 is gonna sooo bad out of the box all other mts are screwed!!! they were in trouble when it was under powered.
Never thought i'd live to see the day you'd say that!
Old 02-21-2006, 08:41 PM
gtsum

wow, if it has been approved for racing, that should be a major advantage over all the other standard mt's! (I have never driven with a center diff...just things I have read and seen)
Old 02-21-2006, 08:47 PM
blackrain

center diff does give quite an advantage im surprissed they would let that race with regular MT should be put against truggies to be fair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.