RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Desert Bash '06 Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 03:13 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desert Bash '06 Video

After enough prodding from certain members... I decided to pack up my camera equipment... and my Revo.. and do a new video. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a GREAT ramp... but... the ones I did find worked OK... I didn't have a cameraman (despite my best efforts) so... I attempted to use the power of my video editing skills... and program... to "spruce" it up... so, here it is...

http://www.renegaderevo.com/Videos/desertbash.wmv
Old 03-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Wide Open

Default RE: Desert Bash '06 Video

where did you film that, it looks like somewhere near my house. anyways a camra man would definatly be a good idea next time.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:03 PM
RenegadeRevo

LOL... that's out in Queen Creek... near my house... it's similar to the north Mesa terrain.... with the red dirt and all.. I tried my hardest to get a cameraman... but all of 'em were busy...
Old 03-01-2006, 04:18 PM
PillowPants

Sweet Vid! The Red dirt is pretty tight.. I've seen it in parts of tucson and all over in sedona but didn't know they had it in queen creek. If there is one thing us AZ bashers can agree on is that AZ dirt is a major PITA to clean off!
Old 03-01-2006, 05:08 PM
RCtruckRacer

ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

Sweet Vid! The Red dirt is pretty tight.. I've seen it n tucson but didn't know they had it in queen creek. If there is one thing us AZ bashers can agree on is that AZ dirt is a major PITA to clean off!
I STILL have red stains on the underside of my Isuzu from wheeling in Sedona. Like 6 years ago!
Old 03-01-2006, 06:18 PM
RenegadeRevo

Thanks for the compliments, guys... yeah, the red dirt is fun... but VERY messy... LOL
Old 03-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Wide Open

come to think ive lived here almost my whole life and i still havent gone out to the desert to drive my car.[:@] anyways, i was just wondering, do you drive during the summer, revofamily?
Old 03-01-2006, 08:03 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need a helmet cam!
Old 03-01-2006, 08:34 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: Wide Open

come to think ive lived here almost my whole life and i still havent gone out to the desert to drive my car.[:@] anyways, i was just wondering, do you drive during the summer, revofamily?
I do, but only in short sessions... LOL... Summer time is a bad time for ANYTHING outside... but, I run a tank or two... every few weeks during the summer... otherwise, I go up to the White Mountains... (see my Forest Bash '05 on my website)
Old 03-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Wide Open

thats what i thought, because my engines refuse to run during the summer. i do what you do and go to the mountains in california during the summer for a few weeks at a time where its not unbearably hot.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:22 PM
rebelbrowser

I couldnt find a camera man worthy of working my cheap webcamera either. So I drove with one hand and filmed with the other.
[link]http://home.comcast.net/~myprivateftp/mpindex2.htm[/link] there is no sound, but what the heck do I know about it.
Good production dude... 20 years ago I had this same truck pulling an old VHS camera across a beach here where I used to live.
The sand was cleaned and camera repaired for hundreds of dollars, but I lost the tapes of the sunset overlooking the HOOD of my truck from a trailor I made out of an old mtruck.
Those were the days.
If someone makes a trailor for thier cam, wrap it in plastic.
A on board cam or helmet cam probly sucks in res, but if a good camera was operated by a good man, filming in a good driver in a good location like that, with killer music like that and editing like that, it too would be fun for him to show it off to his friends like that. (thanks)
Be neat to film one truck from another RCT towing a remote cam platform. Youd still need a few people.
Seems like your truck needs more weight on the front to get it to fly proper, but what the heck do I know about it.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:51 AM
RenegadeRevo

Thanks... the truck flies fine on a good ramp... the "ramps" I used weren't very flat, nor were they very wide, so if I hit the wrong spot, it didn't like it... I have flown off of the first jump before... and landed a backflip... then I flew from the otherside... and didn't land so nicely... breaking the motor mount... this time... I just couldn't find the right spot to hit... and with the ground so bumpy, it threw it off course a few times... I did land one of those backflips, though!