Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Cen Genesis Vs Team losi Lst

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 07:33 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cen Genesis Vs Team losi Lst

Yeah, what a complete coincidence, he not only went to a park where there happened to be a LST but hit it head on.............and he was able to tally the parts at $300. I hope no one actually believe this kinda stuff...

Old 10-29-2006, 07:34 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Hell, I would like to see a simple picture of a GST with the lid off and I can't find those, from actual owner.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:38 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

ORIGINAL: RC30GTR

Racing is 100% driver anyways.... as far as bashing.. genesis will completely destory the LST.

Bashing - what other truck can wheelie on demand with amazing torque and still have the size to climb over anything inclouding other 1/8 truck.

Durability - I ran into one the other day at the park, we accidently went head on and he ended up going home craying..... $300 repair for him and $0 for me lol
Sometimes your comments about CEN are pretty persuasive. But others make me start to wonder if you work for them..

I've said it before - and I don't mean it as a challenge or trash-talking or anything like that - honestly, but.., where are the videos? Where's the evidence? I've seen some very, very impressive LST2 vids, Revo vids, MGT vids, of course Savage vids(most of all..) - but where are all the CEN clips?? It definitely looks good, all the stats are impressive, etc.., but the vids just aren' there. I know not as many people have them, but if they're really that good I would expect more vids to surface..
I agree, there needs to be more vids of these trucks.. the Nemesis is impressive though, we (friend and I) have had really good luck with the Nemesis, it's been easy to tune and the thing's a beast.. It can take a beating, that's for sure.. but, you won't see me making any outrageous claims about it (example seen above)... It's fast but not as fast as expected, I'd say it's about the same as my MGT was with the stock 4.6 motor, the LST was quite a bit quicker and faster than that (although, the CEN's have about twice the torque).. The really cool thing about the GenLE/Nem/GST IMO is that, bone stock, it's like an upgraded truck in comparison to others in general.. everything about it is tough (after the upgraded axles)..

I'll work on the video part of it, they may be low quality videos but I'll see what I can do in the next couple weeks.. we've got some cool spots to run that have some big air jumps, so it should give you an idea of how well the Nemmy performs.. you'd be surprised at how well these big/heavy CEN's take and land good sized jumps.. good sized as in 10+ feet of air..

IMO... the big CEN's are a helluva lot better bashers than the LST's.. I have experience with the LST1, I've never bashed around with a LST2 so I can't/won't speak for those..
Old 10-29-2006, 07:41 PM
2DMaxLST!!

How about a simple picture with the lid off, can any GST owners post that?? I have read the manual and looked at the marketing photos but I simply want to see pictures from someone who owns one.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:45 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

How about a simple picture with the lid off, can any GST owners post that?? I have read the manual and looked at the marketing photos but I simply want to see pictures from someone who owns one.
RC30GTR has a GST... he can't seem to find his camera though.......

I'd like to see pics of the "$300 worth of damage" LOL
Old 10-29-2006, 07:47 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Well with some of the stuff he has said I would have to see a picture of it in front of a computer monitor with this message displayed to believe it........
Old 10-29-2006, 07:50 PM
2DMaxLST!!

ah, double post!!!
Old 10-29-2006, 08:03 PM
ThermalRD

Well i can tell you after owning both trucks, and many others, i would NOT want to run head on with the Genesis. Not with any truck i own. Period. Its 17lbs and built like a tank. Then again i dont drive that POS. It idles all day though. Which is great. If you want to sit and stare at it idling. Try running for more than 3 minutes without tuning it, and you'll be over 300 everytime. I could go on for days, but i wont. If any of the CEN fanboys want an cheap, just PM me. I cant stand the POS.

Old 10-29-2006, 09:01 PM
jombo

rofl, you all know this thread is like 7 or 8 months old, right? anyway i always had tuning issues with both but its a solid truck. if you want reliability and something that will stay tuned and run all day long its the lst2. i said it before and i will say it again, the genesis to be reliable it needs a different engine and cen needs to make some new engine mounts for it so we can make that choice. if there were no tuning issues with the n76 then why did they say that they changed the carb and re ported for better tunability? there are alot of things that dont make sence here but it dosent matter, if there was an easier way just to change engine mounts and dump a new engine in i would run the nem or gen, but at this point in time i love the fact that as longe as i use the same fuel i dont need to re- tune the lst.
if you dont believe me, i took both to the track once and claudicio was there and ask him howthe cen nem and gen ran.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:15 PM
RC30GTR

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

Yeah, what a complete coincidence, he not only went to a park where there happened to be a LST but hit it head on.............and he was able to tally the parts at $300. I hope no one actually believe this kinda stuff...

lol... sorry but there is no such thing as track or even dirt field here, only place you can go is the park or school. The $300 part damages is simply an exaggerated guess. i was just trying to prove a point. we all do that sometimes, his front end is completely ****ed up though, need a new body too. Whats up with accusing me? Someone already post GST pic before i do, lid on and off in the CEN forum. I dont feel the need to repeat it since they are identical.

I still dont get why people complaint about engine too hard to tune. I dont have problem tuning my genesis.. but again.. i am just a newbie
Old 10-30-2006, 08:07 AM
huw4027

I don't have much problems tuning my Genesis LE either the temp stays
between 215 to 225 degrees but if i do alot of high speed long runs the temp
climbs. Incidentally i have never heard the 3rd speed kick in and to adjust it
per the manual seems confusing to me. [:@]
The Genesis is a nice truck for bashing in practically all types of terrain and having fun and if racing is what you want buy another vehicle.
In my view the Genesis is the KING of BASHING.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:07 PM
jamadon30

So is the nemesis a good race truck or not really?
Old 11-04-2006, 01:14 AM
RC30GTR

it is a good race truck..but racing is mainly up to the driver anyways.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:06 AM
SLW4REW

i'd like to see some bashing movies of CEN trucks there seems to be none?

Has anyone got any movies and pics not from CEN of the new truck?

What you doing in the CEN thread 2D? You got a CEN?
Old 11-04-2006, 11:36 AM
TNTJake

ORIGINAL: jamadon30

It is a good race truck. It just can't compare to a Revo or truggy.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:55 PM
RC30GTR

ORIGINAL: ZoomZoom1

lol.. i agree it cant compete with truggy.. but again, NO monster truck can.. LST, Revo wont be competitive against Truggy either....

but against Revo, nemesis should be able to handle it, my 3 lb heavier GST has no problem beating them.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:20 PM
TNTJake

ORIGINAL: RC30GTR

lol.. i agree it cant compete with truggy.. but again, NO monster truck can.. LST, Revo wont be competitive against Truggy either....

but against Revo, nemesis should be able to handle it, my 3 lb heavier GST has no problem beating them.
Okay. You're probely right. The Nemesis realy isn't that heavy. If you got a new motor for it and lowered it, it would be pretty cool. I'd love to have one racing a my local track with me.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:01 PM
duckedup

The Nemmy is sweet, wouldn't be my 1st choice for a racer though (or 2nd, or 3rd..)... you need to get advice from someone who has actually had their Nemesis (or Genesis) on a track though... you're taking advice from quite possibly the most bias person I have ever came across online.. just somthin' to think about..

Stock vs. stock -or- modded vs. modded (with comparable drivers) there is no way a Nemesis could hang with a Revo.. Start a new topic on it and see what kind of feedback you get

I'm not bias either, I like the Nemesis.. unlike some (won't mention names) I've had experience with more than one monster truck and they all have their strong points and weak points.

If you're going to race, you'll be MUCH happier with the LST2 or Revo..
Old 11-04-2006, 09:32 PM
TNTJake

Old 11-05-2006, 07:43 AM
RC30GTR

well... i know you dont want to hear it but i do have Genesis and a GST... just nto nemesis

in my honest opinion, my truck is very compete with revo and lst. Revo is faster on smaller track, but cant compete on bigger track, especially with lots of jumps, double, or rough track. LST is very similar to the nemesis but i prefer Nemesis over it because i want to be different.

anyways, 80% of people at the track drives a revo / lst, but that doenst mean its better.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:04 AM
duckedup

Honestly... how would you know how any of these trucks compete on a track? You don't have a track in your area or anywhere near you, Remember?

Ok... I'm done now...
Old 11-05-2006, 03:30 PM
RC30GTR

ORIGINAL: duckedup

Honestly... how would you know how any of these trucks compete on a track? You don't have a track in your area or anywhere near you, Remember?

Ok... I'm done now...
Are you high or just plain stupid? READ CAREFULLY I dont have track in my area doesnt mean i dont go to track. Tracks are 1-2 hours away and I dont feel like driving to the track everytime i want to run my truck for 30 minutes to kill time. Park will do just fine most of the time. Is there anything wrong with that?
Old 11-05-2006, 03:52 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: duckedup

Ok... I'm done now...
Are you talking to me? If you are, your right. I had to drive a little out of my way before I could find a track. It's not very big, but we get about 20 or so people racing each weekend! Most of them are truggies though. The 1st place winner in each class gets $10. About enogh to pay for the gas. And yes I was very wishy washy on which truck to buy... After borrowing my buddies trucks( I have nice buddies. LOL!) and testing them all out, I finaly bought a Pro 15 T-maxx for $150 that I'm currently moding to race with. Does that clear things up?
I wan't talking about you.. sorry dude, I shoulda' clarified... Just trying to make sure you get honest/experienced answers and opinions is all...

ORIGINAl: RC30GTR

sorry but there is no such thing as track or even dirt field here, only place you can go is the park or school.
how did I misread that?? I re-worded it but it's basically the same... like I've said, selective memory.. (and I'm the one that's stoned? lol)

edit... doh! you said "high" not stoned... I screwed up again![:@]...
Old 11-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Aqwut

I have 2 LST and 2 CEN GST 7.7..... the GST 7.7 is a lot tougher than the LST... but the LST is a lot lighter and makes a much better racer.... it's more agile... GST is the toughest truck that I've seen and used.... I even made it a brushless..... sits at 19Lbs....

Here's the LST vs the GST size comparision....

Here's the two LSTs...

Old 11-07-2006, 09:11 PM
SLW4REW

I'm getting a GST 7.7 in a few weeks,
Hoping it's as tough as my LST2,

I'd REALLY like some Genesis/Nemesis Movies if anyone can help me, point me in the right direction (Not the movies from CEN)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.