RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Cen Genesis Vs Team losi Lst

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 01:39 PM
TNTJake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen Genesis Vs Team losi Lst

Hi guys,
I'm looking for a new truck and I'v got it down between two the Cen Genesis and the Team Losi Lst. Wich is faster or stornger?? You see My Buddy is getting a savage and I'd like to be able to smoke him.On road and off.

Thanks
Old 03-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Cen Genesis Vs Team losi Lst

Go with the Nemesis. That will for sure keep up with the LST like the Genesis, but has other upgrades done to it that the Gen doesn't. Check them out, they're pretty nice IMO.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:48 PM
RCtruckRacer

It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.

Ralph Waldo Emmerson
Old 03-01-2006, 02:58 PM
NJ NETS FAN
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: ZoomZoom1

Hi guys,
I'm looking for a new truck and I'v got it down between two the Cen Genesis and the Team Losi Lst. Wich is faster or stornger?? You see My Buddy is getting a savage and I'd like to be able to smoke him.On road and off.

Thanks
I was thinking about the same 2 trucks but I ended up with an LST2 which is a really nice truck with a really nice $200 radio.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:43 PM
danny f norman

if his savage is stock a e-maxx with a couple of 18 turn motors will out run it
Old 03-02-2006, 02:39 AM
Gear Box Models

ORIGINAL: Bash-m-up

Go with the Nemesis. That will for sure keep up with the LST like the Genesis, but has other upgrades done to it that the Gen doesn't. Check them out, they're pretty nice IMO.
I agree. In fact, THe Nemesis is defintely up there with the LST. IT is really impressive. WE were playing it in our store the other day... it has so much torque that it pulls wheelie on demand.. the Airtronics MX3 radio it comes with is nice too..

Old 03-02-2006, 02:43 AM
RC30GTR

Hi guys,

Thanks
Go with the Genesis and challenge your buddy to a tuck-a-war and watch savage got towed....

Even better, You can literally drive over your buddy's savage. I tried it with my Genesis. Its fun
Old 03-02-2006, 04:14 AM
Haldir

ORIGINAL: lstRacerX

It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.

Ralph Waldo Emmerson

***? Anyway the Nemesis is a good choice, in my experience, buy definately not for a beginner.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:56 PM
TNTJake

I'm not a beninner.well anyway my buddy is getting a Savage LE.Could a Lst still beat him??
What about a Genesis or a Nemesis Is the Nemesis a 4wd?? Also were coan get pats for a Genesis/Nemesis??
Old 03-02-2006, 05:57 PM
TNTJake

Dang it!!!!!
I Misspell everything !!!!!!!!!!![:@]
Old 03-02-2006, 05:59 PM
TNTJake

I ment,

Were can I get parts for a Genesis or a Nemesis.........Is the Nemesis a 4wd???
Old 03-02-2006, 06:35 PM
bigmike882

def. the lst. So much better quality. The nemisis sit to high off the ground my liking. Plus, there is like a zero hop up selection for the nemisis. The lst I would think, would be much faster than the nemesis, at least quicker. The cen trucks are ugly looking to.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:38 AM
Gear Box Models

I ment,

Were can I get parts for a Genesis or a Nemesis.........Is the Nemesis a 4wd???

Nemesis is 4wd with optional 4wheel steering. As far as parts, i dont know about where you are at but we stock every parts.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:59 AM
Bash-m-up

ORIGINAL: bigmike882

...zero hop up selection for the nemesis. The lst I would think, would be much faster than the nemesis, at least quicker. The cen trucks are ugly looking to.
Now, now, I have an LST1, race ready in fact, upgraded to the hilt, durability? Well that is a give and take, broke an axle on the Nemesis, but broke my LST in many of spots. So that is just a matter of "what are you going to do." As far as being ugly, on my Nemesis, heck, every race LST on my local track looks just like the Nemesis with the exception that the 55series are bigger than that of the 40series wheels that we have on the LST. Speed wise, yes, my LST is quicker on the take off, but top end I don't believe so. I run an LRP spec2 .28 on the LST so it should be quicker, but at the end it is not, and it surely wasn't with my Mach. Now aftermarket support sure, the Nemesis doesn't have much, but the LST does. In fact, the LST (1) requires alum. diffs and RPM arms to be competitive so that it doesn't break. And quite possibly TiNi gears in which I had to get all of these for mine once the stock parts gave way. On the other hand the Nemesis has stock alum. front, rear, and Center diffs, steel gearing, and the arms seem to be pretty strong as stock. RPM only makes them for the ones with problems, this is why the Savages don't have the option for RPM arms. Now I know the LST2 comes with the things that many were upgrading and Kudos to Losi for doing so, but the arms are still on the fragile side and the average person will still put a Crowd Pleeza body on it with 40series bowties wheels and tires. Now the Nemesis already comes with a bowtie type tire on dish wheels and a Crowd Pleeza type body on it. I don't know, it might only be me and my LST, but the two of them look pretty much alike so I can hardly see where the Nemesis is ugly. It does sit slightly higher due to the size of it's wheels though but handles just as well as my LST and it did so without the benefit of swaybars. Again I guess we are all entitled to our own opinion, I have them both and they are really sweet trucks, but there will be less to upgrade going with the Nemesis.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:14 AM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

Part's for my Geni are only available online for me. Cen has a real bad rep. here no hobby shop will even order part's for me. It's a good basher but if you want to go to the track get the LST. If you get the cen take it apart and rebuild every thing mine was falling apart in the box.
My honest opinion is get The LST
Old 03-03-2006, 09:18 PM
blackrain

go nemesis horizon hobby carries part
Old 03-04-2006, 02:52 AM
MountainMotor

LST! I almost bought a Genesis but had about 10 people talk me out of it and into an LST.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:44 AM
TNTJake

Okay,
Were can I get the alum. diffs And the RPM A Arms???
You see If the LST isn't faster than a savage LE(which comes witha three speed trani)I'll just get a Savage X and put a three speed in it and womp him!!!! (I think)

Thanks
Old 03-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Chronic

A CEN? They still make those?...........

NO local support in my area. Make sure it isn't like that in your area before you buy a CEN. You can order stuff offline, but that gets to be a huge inconvenience sometimes. In my experiences so far, the only company that has gotten my parts to me faster than the LHS is Tower Hobby. If they don't carry it, I just go to the LHS and if they don't have it they get it for me in two days and I don't have to deal with or worry about shipping. It's nice to have that backup support.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:56 AM
A.B.U

Okay,
Were can I get the alum. diffs And the RPM A Arms???
You see If the LST isn't faster than a savage LE(which comes witha three speed trani)I'll just get a Savage X and put a three speed in it and womp him!!!! (I think)

Thanks
Killerhobbies.com is the BEST place for all your LST needs.

Oh BTW, the LST is next to the REVO in top speeds. LST and the REVO go about 44-47 mph tops. Even with a 3 speed tranny Savvy, the LST will still beat it in a straight line race.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:45 PM
TNTJake

Killerhobbies.com has RPM arms but it does not tell how many are included or if they are for the front or back. see for your self, Here is a link --------> http://www.killerhobbies.com/Browse_Item_Details.asp/Item_ID/346/categ_id/25/parent_ids/0,90,18,25/Name/RPM_Adjustable_Camber_A-Arms_for_the_Losi_LST_(Black)_-_RPM73192

I'm Not clear on if I should get Alum. Diff cases or gears.Could anyone clear this out for
me????

Thanks for your help!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Gear Box Models

We have both LST and the Genesis. Both truck are build tough with good performance. People are always biased and think what they have are the best. Anyways, Genesis is prefect for bashing while the LST is more toward racing.

And no LST, or REvo will do over 4omph out of box. Genesis, LSt and REvo all do about 35-40ish.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:26 PM
A.B.U

Killerhobbies.com has RPM arms but it does not tell how many are included or if they are for the front or back. see for your self, Here is a link --------> http://www.killerhobbies.com/Browse_Item_Details.asp/Item_ID/346/categ_id/25/parent_ids/0,90,18,25/Name/RPM_Adjustable_Camber_A-Arms_for_the_Losi_LST_(Black)_-_RPM73192

I'm Not clear on if I should get Alum. Diff cases or gears.Could anyone clear this out for
me????

Thanks for your help!!!
Aluminum diff. cases are the ones ya want!

Also, make sure you get an LST 1 if you want the RPM arms to work. They wont work on the LST2
Old 03-04-2006, 05:33 PM
TNTJake

[quoORIGINAL: Gear Box Models

We have both LST and the Genesis. Both truck are build tough with good performance. People are always biased and think what they have are the best. Anyways, Genesis is prefect for bashing while the LST is more toward racing.

And no LST, or REvo will do over 4omph out of box. Genesis, LSt and REvo all do about 35-40ish.
[/quote]

Do you have any freinds that have a Savage 3 speed???
If so could you please race them???
Old 03-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Gear Box Models

The Savage is the slowest of them all even with the 3 speed. The 3 speed doent give it anymore top end speed, it just increase the accleration to the top speed which is lke 32ish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.