Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Diff fluid, should I or shouldn't I?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Diff fluid, should I or shouldn't I?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 04:40 AM
D3VILDOGG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diff fluid, should I or shouldn't I?

I picked up a bottle of 10,000wt diff fluid while I was buying fuel at the LHS, they didn't have any 30,000 in stock and I just wanted to try it out. Are there any benefits to using this in my new LST2? I'm not a racer but want to as soon as I find a track. Mostly backyard driving. I guess I'm looking for someone that can give me the positives and negatives as I don't want to screw up my handling, and it is reverseable, right?
Old 03-04-2006, 09:01 PM
86atrack4

Default RE: Diff fluid, should I or shouldn't I?

D3,

there is a great benefit for using silicone in your diffs,which is called diffing.that is when one wheel breaks loose, and the tire ballons up.the fluid helps by not allowing the tire to break loose.FLUID =TRACTION thats why all racers use it.on most vehicles the frt diff tend to have a heavyer fluid because it is easyer for the frt diff to unload ,or loose traction.on our LST you have a frt & rr diff ,no center.try different weights and see whats best for your application.If your just bashing it really doesn't matter.when u dis. the diff make sure to clean everything use green slime [shock sealer stuff] on the o-rings and fill diff to the top of the cross pin in the diff housing were the bevel gears are.reassembly make sure all gears run smooth and add black diff grease to the ring and pinion gears.u might have to shim either left or right side of the diff depending on the back lash of the ring and pinion.just make sure ther isn't a lot of slop when u assy the diff in the housing,if there is dissasemble and put a washer on one side or the other .if it nice and smooth motion your done.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: Diff fluid, should I or shouldn't I?

Definetly , it`s one of the best tuning tools to do . Especially if you race at different tracks.